It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must love each other, or we must die

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

We must love each other.. or we must die.

Vote for an antiwar candidate in November. The stakes are too high for you to stay at home.

edit on 2-2-2012 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
this would be a boring world if their was no war......

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The only Candidate who is Anti-War is Ron Paul.

All other candidates serve the Corporate masters = War.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

... Can you comprehend the severity of death or the atrocities war causes? How ignorant can you be. I highly doubt you are even active duty.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Vote for an antiwar candidate in November. The stakes are too high for you to stay at home.

Dear friend and benevolent soul,

If our votes actually made a difference in world war politics, voting would be illegal. Ask the older black people, whose beliefs were strongly in favor of individual freedoms, at a time when poor individual's votes would have changed the world a long time ago.

We already do love each other innately, we just have forgotten with all the technological distractions thrown at us all. We will eventually die though, and realize the whole of our current mistakes in these lifetimes.

I, and many others, do what we can do with what we have to work with, that's all that can be expected of any human being alive during this surreal early onset of tyranny.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Now

Whats being "active duty" have to due with anything? All im saying is..... IF their was no wars at all, you would have alot more problems because that means everybody is getting their way.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Active duty would mean that an individual would be exposed first hand to all the negative effects of war. What I am getting at is that a typical soldier seeing this would not come out with a statement such as yours, unless they were rendered mentally insane or mentally altered. Also I do not understand what you mean by more problems because more people getting their way? If you are talking about leaders of nations than I will say to you this, think of how many wars have been caused in the past few decades and what their reasons truly were. The results will either come out to land or resources.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I don't think what you are saying makes any sense at all. The world would be 'boring' without war? You really must not have a lot of things going on in your life to say that, maybe if you are experiencing war from your living room you cannot empathize with the people who have their lives ripped apart by some imperialist agenda. Wars kill people, lots of innocent people, perhaps if you and YOUR people were on the receiving end you wouldn't feel that peace is 'boring'....

I can't believe some people, terrible, terrible stuff.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
The only Candidate who is Anti-War is Ron Paul.

All other candidates serve the Corporate masters = War.

You do realize that Ron Paul is libertarian, right?

What libertarians want, is a government that only provides security and perhaps essential services. With corporations already manipulating the current US government, do you honestly think that they will somehow be weaker with mass government de-regulation? They will only become stronger. Real libertarians ARE the corporate elite.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Now

Maybe your right? Idk, Wars have been going on since mankind and i cant imagine a world with no wars at all, like the Gaza war ., not this head hunting osama/hussein bs.. Maybe i sound ignorant, but Im really not gonna put much thought into this, wars part of history and without it i think we would not be on this hereeeee internet typing away about it...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by dayve

I don't think what you are saying makes any sense at all. The world would be 'boring' without war? You really must not have a lot of things going on in your life to say that, maybe if you are experiencing war from your living room you cannot empathize with the people who have their lives ripped apart by some imperialist agenda. Wars kill people, lots of innocent people, perhaps if you and YOUR people were on the receiving end you wouldn't feel that peace is 'boring'....

I can't believe some people, terrible, terrible stuff.

I didnt say peace was boring, i just said a world without wars would be boring, i have plenty going on in my life and none of it reflects what im saying. Peace is good, but then we have nothing to fight for

edit on 2-2-2012 by dayve because: errrrrorr

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Well, we would actually. War has been the cause of many things, but maybe we could try coming up with good ideas without war, eh? Maybe we can live without it. I think it's time to give it a try. We have nothing to lose, do we? Not even our lives, for a change. Mothers can watch their kids grow up. We could use technology to better our world rather than to destroy it. The energy and impetus in our creativity is still there just as much, but the difference is the intent. We can just as much make benevolence a priority as we have malevolence. Our lives could be an exercise in beauty instead of one in pain.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I dont want to split hairs on this but, are we just talking about wars in general? Like wars in the street, air, space, wherever... ? Or like a UN peace thing. Cause that would be good.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

why do you need to fight? Isn't a world where no fighting is necessary a much better place to be? I just don;t get this kind of thinking. As I said before, maybe if YOU had been on the receiving end of these wars you support then maybe you'd have a different opinion, actually I GUARANTEE that you would.

Try to empathize dude, it will help you as a person.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Do you actually understand war at all? Do you understand the dynamics of it or is it just such a forgone conclusion to you, like being a white Anglo-Saxon Protestant male, that you cannot see any other right? Critical thinking is in order. Why can you see war as a given, but not peace? Not peacekeeping. In order for peacekeeping to exist you need war. Your whole mentality revolves around destruction and strife. Is any other option simply unfathomable?

Examine your mindset. There is a lot of room for change there.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I dont want to split hairs on this but, are we just talking about wars in general? Like wars in the street, air, space, wherever... ? Or like a UN peace thing. Cause that would be good.

As in a situation where you find yourself at the mercy of others because your physical existence could be wiped off the face of the planet in a manner of miliseconds from a variety of ways.

Supporting a war while not being in it, means you support this situation happening to other people. You should thus accept that other people should think the same for you if you ever found yourself in a real situation.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by dayve

Do you actually understand war at all? Do you understand the dynamics of it or is it just such a forgone conclusion to you, like being a white Anglo-Saxon Protestant male, that you cannot see any other right? Critical thinking is in order. Why can you see war as a given, but not peace? Not peacekeeping. In order for peacekeeping to exist you need war. Your whole mentality revolves around destruction and strife. Is any other option simply unfathomable?

Examine your mindset. There is a lot of room for change there.

White Anglo-Saxon Protestant male..? I'm not white.. and no my mentality doesn't revolve around war but I'm not a hippy and understand wars need to happen sometimes
edit on 2-2-2012 by dayve because: Correction

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by dayve

why do you need to fight? Isn't a world where no fighting is necessary a much better place to be? I just don;t get this kind of thinking. As I said before, maybe if YOU had been on the receiving end of these wars you support then maybe you'd have a different opinion, actually I GUARANTEE that you would.

Try to empathize dude, it will help you as a person.

Aaand what wars am I supporting.... If I'm on the side being attacked I'm gonna fight back. But nobody has bombed is, yet.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

The WASP thing was a mindset reference, not a statement. I can't see you, believe it or not.

You say wars need to happen. Justify that. There is no reason a civilized, rational, mature, sentient human being can justify that sort of behavior.

I will assume you're in the US. You are not being attacked. Iraq never attacked. Afghanistan never attacked. Iran is not attacking. Who last attacked the US? Which country? Israel? The US shadow gov't so they could supplant your freedoms with fear?

Accept the situation. Change is imminent.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This was more meant to be a 'lets not slaughter thousands of Iranians' thread, but it sort of turned out a general argument over the merits of war. I find that interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join