It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Texas Missionaries Found Slain In North Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

2 Texas Missionaries Found Slain In North Mexico

news.yahoo.com

MEXICO CITY (AP) — A missionary couple from Texas were slain in their home outside the violence-plagued northern industrial city of Monterrey, the U.S. Embassy and their family said Wednesday

The embassy identified the couple as John and Wanda Casias.

Valerie Alirez, the eldest child of John Casias, told The Associated Press from her home in Greeley, Colorado, that one of her brothers found her father and stepmother Tuesday dead in their home in Santiago, Nuevo Leon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Again? A person has to wonder what's up with Texas missionaries being slain in Mexico? Some may remember it was approximately one year ago today that the same thing happened, as indicated here:

"In January 2011, a Texas couple who had been doing missionary work in Mexico for three decades were attacked at an illegal roadblock in one of the country's most violent areas."

Viva Mexico? I think not.......

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/1/2012 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Just sad beyond words when people give their lives to serve others and in turn literally give their lives.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Besides feeling bad for the Couple and their families theres not much that can be done. Nobody will be brought to justices for this, and the matter will be forgotten.

I do applauded the missionaries for going over there to try and help out(if thats what they were doing?) its dangerous over there in Mexico.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I kinda wonder what a second set was doing in Mexico at all. There is a honest to goodness civil war in full swing down there and the body count is in the neighborhood of 40,000 people and climbing. Perhaps there are other countries to go spread the good word in which aren't tearing themselves apart and killing anything that strikes the fancy of a cartel gunman? I hate to see good hearted people killed like that. The world has so few of them to begin with these days.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
American citizens are being murdered literally next door but Obama is instigating a fight halfway across the world with Iran.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
and articles like this are why i laugh when i see commericals promoting tourism could not pay me to go back to mexico(used to go every year for xmas for 3 weeks) but will not be going their problay even after they sort out that kinda stuff add that to the drought and general political corruption mexico might be in need of major changes

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Yes it is sad, tragic and
a waste of human life for no reason.....other than someone wanted it to happen......

edit on 2/2/2012 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Perhaps targetting those in the middle of a civil war to push beliefs on is not the best idea....just saying.

Honestly, and I don't condone of murder in any way. But I'm a bit surprised this doesn't happen more often.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Perhaps there are other countries to go spread the good word in which aren't tearing themselves apart and killing anything that strikes the fancy of a cartel gunman?

My religious beliefs are sort of all over the place but I have to respect those that are so devout they would try to spread what they believe is the answer in hostile areas. They were probably that kind of real/amazing Christians that actually love and want to help. I wish some religion bashers (in no way do I mean you here Wrabbit) could know some of the truly wonderful faithful people I've known.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
American citizens are being murdered literally next door but Obama is instigating a fight halfway across the world with Iran.

Obama could care less about good deeds being done by people when there is a war over oil in Iran. He cares more about the deaths of American soldiers than volunteer missionaries.

Moreover, US does business with Mexico a great deal, so he wouldn't want to mess up any business relations with Mexico.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Indeed... I can't argue with any of that. I certainly can't say anything bad about the missionaries themselves, despite wishing they had chosen differently on where to direct their efforts.

I'd also say that whatever else I may think about organized religion, it certainly does a lot of good in a majority of people's lives. Folks like this thread is about certainly prove that. Hopefully the war down there settles down after Mexico's coming election and expected change of power. One can hope anyway.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Okay, here what I don't get (assuming this is tied to the drug gang/cartels) we (U.S and her allies) get involved with every other country that has lesser problems, yet Mexico is basically run by the cartels and we don't do anything about it..

I understand that the founder of these cartels are often ex-mexican spec ops or ex-military personal and receieved CIA combat training...So we have ties there...Hell as far as I'm concerned the CIA could be the ones buy the drugs for all we know, but this has hit a point where there is any recovery.

Is it possible there is no intervention because we are the one getting the drugs and money and training their officers? I bet would be yes, we don't do anything because we created this monster...How sad...

Just my opinion though.

-SAP-
edit on 2-2-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

For you and wrabbit...
People of faith go where G-d tells them to go.
There are some people of faith who only care
about their own salvation.There are others who
try to live by the example the Messiah taught.
To deny self and to serve others...
Before it is over,many more will die.This insanity
is spilling into our own country because TPTB won't
close our borders,or uphold existing border laws.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

obama has nothing to do with this

this was preordained

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I had this floating around as a gift from Stratfor while they have had their collections open to the public for the brief period of their reconstruction. Maybe it'll help shed light on how utterly chaotic Mexico has become:

It's a nightmare of civil and turf war down there...and until the elections in Mexico, I sure don't see the slightest hope of anything changing for the better. It's always getting worse though, eh? That is one thing we can consider predictable and constant until Calderon is tossed and they get someone in which can bring the civil war to a close. I hate the cartels but 10's of thousands of murdered civilians are worse when the fight is doing absolutely NOTHING to solve the problem.

top topics

join