It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to endorse Gingrich in Nevada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Word started leaking out in Las Vegas earlier that Donald Trump's "major announcement" is to back Newt Gingrich, and sources are confirming it to POLITICO.

The announcement is expected to come at an 12:30 p.m. press conference tomorrow that The Donald is holding.

The move is a bit unexpected since Trump had talked even within the past few days about how he may be compelled to run a third-party campaign of his own if he didn't see a Republican candidate who he thought could beat President Barack Obama.

Oh my....Trump is back in the news again

Do I think this will be a positive thing for the Gingrich campaign?....ehhh, possibly.

Sure, it problably will open Gingrich up to a large amount of cash, and that is something he really needs more of if he wants to compete against the massive amount of ads from Romney. (I think Newt was out "added" by around 4:1 in Florida, and I think around 90% of Romneys ads were anti-Gingrich. Ouch)

But on the other hand....its Trump. Whenever this guy comes on tv, I cant help but laugh. I mean, its so hard for me to take Trump seriously in almost anything he says. I guess I'll wait and see what happens in the "news conference" tomorrow.

....Im guessing the Daily Show or Colbert will have a hay day with this one

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think it's funny that your avatar has some form of newt in it.
Staying on topic, I don't understand why people give so much credence to celebrities and the rich, who have almost zero connection with your average person.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
His endorsement should turn people away from listening to anyone he endorses.

Hes nothing but a businessman, and failed reality star. Are we really headed in this direction? I seriously think things are going to get far worse if people don't realize who we should be taking our info from. The only person that should influence anything you do is yourself.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

Well said!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

I think it's funny that your avatar has some form of newt in it.

Haha, I never thought about that until now. I may end up changing it soon.

Staying on topic, I don't understand why people give so much credence to celebrities and the rich, who have almost zero connection with your average person.

I think it's mostly the money factor when recieving endorsements from celebrities. Plus, it may also give the candidate some more press. That's pretty much all in most cases I believe.

reply to post by cconn487

His endorsement should turn people away from listening to anyone he endorses.

I really hope this happens. If it was Romney vs Obama, I wouldnt vote, but if it came down to Obama vs Gingrich, I would have to vote Obama. Gingrich is the Rep. candidate that is by far the least appealing to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Can you say Tax Break????

The Donald can!!!!

Seriously, does anyone even care who endorses who?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Oh heck, that hadn't even crossed my mind...but now I can't get it out. lol... I think you hit it right on the head. The Donald is as shrewd a businessman as they come. Of course he wouldn't give his endorsement without thinking it through and gaming the benefits for himself.

Newt isn't exactly on posters in Occupy camps as it is, but whatever friends Newt might have had even a hair left of center just went poof. With friends like that......

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Trump may be an idiot, but he often has a common sense approach to problems. This would be a required trait for someone with his career and success. I loathe to defend Trump, but it is true that he was vocal against the Freedom Tower and supported a rebuild of the Twin Towers. This is something most people want, and Trump did well to point out the obvious when all the bureaucrats were forcing the Freedom Tower down the throats of the people of New York. Secondly, Trump correctly predicted that Iraq would be taken over by Islamofascists and that it will be much worse than before. And now, Trump backs Gingrich, as most firebrand outsiders are. Another common sense decision by Trump. Not bad for a media clown.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'm sure the media attention that it brings Trump to make this endorsement a public spectacle is a factor. I was watching television with my family the other night and a commercial for his new season of the "Celebrity Apprentice" came on. It seems to be starting up soon and getting his name back in the limelight to try to boost ratings could very well be one aspect of the big public endorsement.

Thinking ahead to tax breaks if his candidate wins is another good guess. It may just be one more facet in what went into his decision to do this.

Just please, for the love of all things chocolate, don't let it be an announcement that he is throwing his hat into the presidential race!

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Nevermind. This was a false story.

new topics

top topics

join