It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possibly old news, but.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
1. www.perc.org...

2. www.policyreview.org...

number 1 is a link to a speech by Michael Crichton, science-fiction writer, to the "Commonwealth Club" (whatever that is). the speech is about fanatic environmentalism, but it has major points that tie in very well to the second article, in link 2. link 2 is an article about the mindset of Osama bin Laden. it may not be 100% accurate, but it seems like a pretty good point. it basically ties Michael Crichton's assumption about religious fanaticism (or environmental religion) in to the "Fantasy Ideology" of those in Osama bin Laden's shoes. both articles come down to the point that there is no reasoning with people in this state. both articles refer to people in this state of mind, nearly, as madmen. they are both relatively long, but good reading nonetheless. if this is a repost, sorry........

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hey Fledgling, just wanted to say, Great Post! I have been a lurker here for about a year now and joined just so I could tell you that these were awesome articles. The one on Fantasy worlds really apply to a lot of people in the world and especially to a great many of the people here at ATS. These articles made me think, and evaluate my beliefs on a number of levels and it is just sad that more people haven't read them.

Good Job

join