It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else get a cold (temperature) feeling when they OBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Every time I meditate I feel that typically described warm tingling. But when I start feeling like I'm going to go out-of-body that warm tingling turns too a soothing sort of "mint" cool tingling. I start to feel lighter and the tingling becomes more intense.

I've searched for anyone else feeling this same way on ATS and the rest of the internet and I just find people saying they do, but no one responding to them. So, does anyone else get this same sensation, or even better, does anyone know why it switches from warm to cold?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Mint? I never thought of that flavor, but I do taste like mint when OBE'ing.

Hot and cold are perceptions of the body, when you're out for a jaunt while the body sleeps, I suppose the closest interpretation I recognized was warmth. Probably because I was like a turtle without it's protective shell and became alarmed at what I saw around me.

Demagnetizing yourself so you can OBE takes a lot of practice, and can be dangerous.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Acedrew89

I would have to guess since your body core temperature is usually hot and normally you might be comfortable being warm once you obe you disconnect yourself from the body and the feeling of Not Warm your thought can only take it as being cold even though there is no temperature to be felt. What i'm trying to say that your mind process not warm as cold since its usually the feeling one normally has.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

That is a good point. I can understand. I do tend to run like a human heater, so if I was no longer in that warm space it would probably feel similar to cold. I think that was the strangest part, the fact that while it felt cold, I wasn't uncomfortable. Normally I am uncomfortable when I feel cold, but when this happens I feel fine, I just notice it without any sort of reaction other than a mental note of "Hey, that feels cold, hmm."

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I believe in ghost sighting you get sudden temperature drops because the ghosts utilise the infrared spectrum, in order to get the energy they require to manifest in our dimension.
Put simply: Whenever it’s 26 degrees centigrade it’s actually 300 degrees above absolute zero. So there is always infrared around. Infrared is probably manipulated using something similar to: The Double Slit Experiment, Hinesburg’s Uncertainty Principle, or even Quantum Entanglement.

As for Meditation: Perhaps it is (some of the time) your body going into a lower blood circulation state -or something else connected to your body being more relaxed, you feeling ok as long as you are relaxed, but then cold when you are not (as your body requires normal temperature -circulation again).

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It has been a while since I have looked into any OBE/AP methods, but when I was reading into them I remember a few things stating that your body temperature will drop and you should keep a blanket wrapped around you, or wear comfortable warm clothes just in case.

It’s also important to prepare a space that is safe and comfortable for astral projection. Because the body temperature often drops during astral travel, it’s important to make sure you have enough blankets to stay warm and that you will be undisturbed for the duration of the experience

Self Pursuit - Astral Projection

I think another source was saying it's because of the relaxed state that you are dropping into, your heart rate slows, causing your body temperature to drop, almost like when you are preparing to fall asleep.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Deebz because: (no reason given)

Just to add to my response, as far as my own experience goes, I do find that the longer I am in a deep meditation the more I start to feel these sensations - tingles, coldness, a feeling of 'floating' - until I eventually feel as if I have left my body and can no longer feel any physical sensations.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Deebz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the info.

It tends to happen most frequently when I try to feel my energy body leaving my physical body, and I think you both are right in the sense that my heart rate is certainly lowering which would reduce my core temperature and that since I am attempting to feel outside of my body, I would feel the absence of warmth, which I would consider cold.

top topics

join