It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is so cold everywhere in the world! Are we experiencing a small Ice Age?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by robdaven

I mentioned the report floating around that the Russian's were saying no ice in the arctic within a year or 2. He seemed to agree with them.
Also the icecap could move.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Yeap, and he brought up another strange phenomen as well... arctic tornados. I captured this one 2 years ago, but that was in the middle of the summer.

www.youtube.com...

According to him, this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Hope y'all are prepping like its the end of the world

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The question is how long will last and If average temperatures are normal as long as winter began very late.

According to the UK Met office........cold weather should last until Sunday/Monday.......Ice ages really don't come much smaller than that!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by robdaven

WOW that is a chilling phenomenon,an arctic tornado,never seen one before.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Still experiencing record highs on the east coast of the US at this time. They just reported on the news this morning that there have been a record number of record high temps this winter. Over 2000 records for high tempretures have been broken in the US alone.
Dont see any ice age in those facts.
Probably gonna be one hellacious summer in the south here. UGH.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
It was 80 F degrees here in Southern California a few weeks ago.

Just saying, it was colder here last year.

but we did have frost in November which was a very cold month down here.

Gosh, to the OP, It must be winter.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
op..are you finding some places to be as cold as you say..if so and this is not the average can you tell us where it is/?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i live in the north west of england and yes it is very cold at the moment , but as for an ice age , i dont think so .
i remember the winters in the late fifties and early sixties were we had to dig ourselves out of our homes
and snow drifts as high as a double decker bus on some of the exposed roads .
but life went on .
the winters of late have been mild and i think that is the reason that some of our younger members are thinking wrongly that this weather we have been experiencing is the onset of a mini ice age .
well they are wrong because it is still not as cold as it was then .

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
op..are you finding some places to be as cold as you say..if so and this is not the average can you tell us where it is/?
I think I explained that in my previous posts,about the Gulf Stream and consequences of global warming on The Great Atlantic Convey,if the Global Temperature will grow with half degree it's not necessary that in the close future the temperatures in different area to be high as they are now,but on contrary to come down on winters for long period of time,bringing a small ice age.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

they are wrong because it is still not as cold as it was then .
I hope so,but I think it's a complex of phenomenon that can lead to a mini ice age related to many parameters and factors like oceans,sun,pollution,ozone layer depletion,nuclear atmospheric early experiments ...so on.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Don't know about the rest of the world, but here (Poland) it's -17 deg. C (daytime) and it's what is supposed to be during this part of the year comparing to the avarage of the last ~ 100 years. The last couple of years were something out of the oridinary I think.

When I was younger I remember temperature dropping to -25 C and even below that.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
In New Zealand we had a really warm winter. There was bad weather and a snow storm but overall the winter wasn't a New Zealand winter. Summer now and I've had the fire going a few times because of the cold. We have the normal hot summer days but also the not normal freezing summer days. I think the seasons are a bit stuffed up at the moment or they have slightly move along the calendar a bit.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

What the hell happened to global warming? sorry climate change, i bet you were on that bandwagon also?

Suddenly we have gone from global warming, climate change to mini ice age, none ofthe global warmists have had much to say about that have they?.

The earth has been here 4.5 billion years and is capable of looking after itself, i believe that periods of weather will eventually prove to run in cycles, which is a much more logical system.

Lets see what a kicking i get for my suggestions.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the current ice age (in the N Hemisphere) will end within the next 2 months, But a new one will begin before the year is out

All we are seeing is weather. At the moment, some places are colder than average and some are warmer. This happens every year - and often a place that gets a spell of colder than average one year will get a spell of warmer than average another year (as the continguous states are seeing this year compared with last winter).

And bearing in mind that, despite reduced solar activity, 2011 was the warmest La Nina year on record, I'd say the overall global temp trend is still upwards
edit on 1-2-2012 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4

Alaska has had it's coldest January on record. And this week it's been very cold in parts of Europe (though not unusuay so). There's also been heavy snow in Japan. But places like Svalbard and parts of Siberia have at the same time been unusually warm. And much of the USA has seen little wintry weather this year compared with normal.

It's just down to current synoptics - where high pressure cells are and the strength of the jet stream. Which varies all the time.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You better move to SW Wisconsin.....
this is the warmest winter here in years !!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Are we experiencing a small Ice Age?,

For 4 pages posters have been saying NO in answer to your question.

Yet you seem to ignore what they said and respond to only what you want to hear, or you post (as is usual for you) something completely unrelated.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I sure am glad we are going to get an ice age. It should replace the lost glaciers and arctic ice shelf. Then the polar bears will have a home again. Poor bears.

And we can finally tell Al we don't need him anymore.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It has been in the mid 50s for the past two days. In New York. I'm not complaining.
2nd
edit on 1-2-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm in Miami.
It's 82.

No ice age here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join