It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold: alternative to money under NWO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Gold is true money, has been for thousands of years. All through history governments have been debasing currencies by just printing more and more of it without limit. Gold has kept its value through wars, social upheavals, depressions and natural disasters.

Think about this. An ounce of gold will buy you a good suit of clothes. That was true in roman times, through the middle ages, and now.

Now think about dollars. A dollar today buys about as much as five cents did in 1900. If you had kept an ounce of gold for 100 years it would still buy the same amount of stuff. A dollar kept for 100 years is worth nothing now.

Bankers hate gold because they cannot fake it, or print more of it. Gold ownership in the west is being actively discouraged. The Asians and people in the Middle East are smarter and are accumulating significant gold RIGHT NOW.

The US government would love to make private ownership of gold illegal. But wouldn't that look bad ! In repressive communist countries like China and Russia, the governments are actively encouraging ordinary people to buy private gold. In free democratic America, illegal gold, what a joke.

The US dollar is on its way to becoming almost worthless, any smart person would be buying gold, silver, or mining shares right now, while those US dollars are still worth something.

But just remember, a piece of paper is just a promise to pay. A dollar, a cheque, or a gold certificate are all just paper promises. Real gold, coins and bullion, in your own hand is the only SURE way to store wealth. Electronic gold may or may not be a scam. Like Enron, electronic gold can just suddenly disappear.

On other interesting point. Almost all the gold ever mined is still around somewhere. All the silver ever mined is being rapidly consumed in industrial uses. There is far more gold around than silver these days. Pretty soon the price of silver is going to increase far more dramatically than the price of gold. It may even be worth more than gold one day.

Ha-ha-ha, I hear you say. Well think of Platinum. It was worth nothing until its industrial uses made it so valuable. Supply and demand has caused platinum to be worth far more than gold. In ancient times Gold was number one metal. Not so today. Silver is going to become far more valuable in the future than it is today, and might be a better investment.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I hope your right about silver Warpspeed I have my fair share of it most of which is in coins. Ah the good old days when American coins were silver and gold.

I agree with you 100% about getting the gold in your hands. You can buy stocks and gold bonds or whatever but its just really a paper promise like Warpspeed said. Alot of places sell gold bars and bullion coins, I like coins better the US eagle and Canada maple leaf are both great choices IMHO.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Not a good idea to invest in gold for purposes of safe keeping your wealth unless you have that gold at hand. then still a marginal idea.
If there is a nuke strike, nwo takeover, bank crash..whatever, unless you have that gold on your person or in your immediate vicinity. how you gonna get your gold out of the bank??? The neccessities of life are gonna be worth more than anything in this case.. i.e. food, water, shelter ect. you'd be better off investing in some good survival books!!! oh yeah...bullets,booze and smokes are always a safe bet too!!

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoafy
Not a good idea to invest in gold for purposes of safe keeping your wealth unless you have that gold at hand. then still a marginal idea.
If there is a nuke strike, nwo takeover, bank crash..whatever, unless you have that gold on your person or in your immediate vicinity. how you gonna get your gold out of the bank??? The neccessities of life are gonna be worth more than anything in this case.. i.e. food, water, shelter ect. you'd be better off investing in some good survival books!!! oh yeah...bullets,booze and smokes are always a safe bet too!!

Hah. It's going to be cigarettes!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
but isnt it the NWO who wishes to place a chip in either the arm or forehead, couldn't this be used for money transactions, kind of a cross between the religion board and nwo as the mark of the beast.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Not only will the essential tangible items be valuable in a society operating on the barter system, but skills will also be worthy of trade. For example, the abilities to provide medical treatments, lead and organize communities, maintain communications, repair vehicles/radios/shelters, would all be in extremely high demand. If the system were to completely break down, personal reputation would be everything. Word travels fast when there's no TV to watch.

MK

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join