It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Combat Exercises Over D.C. /VA Overnight (1/31/12)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
FYI, NORAD will be practicing interception manuevers tonight between D.C. And Richmond, VA.

Residents of D.C. and Virginia may see some odd scenes in the sky overnight. The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) has exercises planned for the Washington, D.C. and Richmond area.

Exercise flights will take place around the National Capital Region and the area between D.C. and Richmond as they practice intercept and identification procedures.

Although they are scheduled for the early morning hours, the flights may be delayed if there are weather concerns.

I decided to post this in the aliens and UFO forum for two reasons. The first reason is for a head's up to anyone who regularly watches the skies in the area--you might see unusual activity overnight and if you do it is probably ours.

The second reason is that this is a somewhat unusual activity. They have monthly live fly exercises over the national capitol region but this exercise seems more involved and specific. So, if you believe that aliens are visiting our planet and observing our military in action, this might be a good time for UFO watchers to see something unusual.

edit on 1/31/2012 by angrywhitechick because: Corrected subject line

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's obviously a cover~up for expected alien traffic. Anyone paying attention has seen this before. A pre~emptive strike so~to~speak....

J/K....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

Hmmmm , the fact that they`re "training" for such a thing is enough to raise a few eyebrows , but over night , above a populated area , with NORAD calling the shots ? ..... something smells fishy , and once again , i`m guessing its not the jet fuel

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RockLobster

What I wonder is why they would let weather stop the exercise. Shouldn't they be trained to be defensive in all conditions? Will enemies wait and make sure its a nice clear evening to launch an attack? Probably not.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Nick101 because: spelling errors

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockLobster

Hmmmm , the fact that they`re "training" for such a thing is enough to raise a few eyebrows , but over night , above a populated area , with NORAD calling the shots ? ..... something smells fishy , and once again , i`m guessing its not the jet fuel

Well...at least once a month they have an announced training exercise over the DC area. It is always overnight and always over populated areas. They have people try to enter the airspace undetected. On a couple of occasions I have seen f-16s maneuvering over the city and many times I have heard military jets and helicopters on announced exercise nights.

I think they do it at night because there are less people out and about to freak out seeing a military jet "chasing" a Cessna. A few years ago they did something during the day and lots of people were upset.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick101
reply to post by RockLobster

What I wonder is why they would let weather stop the exercise. Shouldn't they be trained to be defensive in all conditions? Will enemies wait and make sure its a nice clear evening to launch an attack? Probably not.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Nick101 because: spelling errors

I don't think the weather stops the hunters but the hunted. They often use small aircraft like civil air patrol Cessnas and some helicopters to try to breech the airspace during these exercises. Flying in a thunderstorm at low altitude may be dangerous for the small plane pilots and people on the ground.

I don't thnk they expect another terrorist attack with big planes or military jets but a small air operation.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
It's obviously a cover~up for expected alien traffic. Anyone paying attention has seen this before. A pre~emptive strike so~to~speak....

J/K....

Sort of hiding in "plane" site as it were?

I wouldn't put it past them at all.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here is an old Washington Post article about the civil air patrol pilots that take part in these exercises:

Civilian Pilots Provide Target Practice

As his watch ticks toward midnight, Paul Gardella checks the oil on the small Cessna 182 parked on a cold, dark airstrip in Fairfax County. He knows what he soon could be facing: Coast Guard helicopters chasing him. F-16s intercepting him. Ground-to-air missiles tracking his every turn.

That's because Gardella -- a software engineer and former military officer -- is taking on a new role. Enemy of the U.S. government. "In the Navy, I was on the other side. I was on the side of the ones that were shooting," he muses.

Gardella, 50, is among a group of pilots who pose as nighttime intruders, penetrating restricted airspace over Washington in drills that take place every few weeks. While area residents slumber, the volunteers allow the U.S. military to practice intercepting them -- or worse.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Wont be any weather concerns. Its clear and midly breezy here in the Hampton roads area. Thats about 60 miles south of Richmond. Langley AFB is right here in my city. I should see something. I hear them all the time but mostly they are so high up I cannot see them. You always hear them before you see them. Tonight must be the night the aliens open fire. They just say its training. LOL.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

J/K....

The ETs tell them when they are coming for a visit? Highly doubtful.

However, if anybody happens to see triangles, don't assume that they are ETs dropping by. They are ours.
That may be what this is all about, easing us into knowing about them. Sorta like the Belgium triangle case.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockLobster

I don't think it is suspicious at all. I remember after 9-11 they had military intercept exercises over Vancouver. I would think they would want to do such exercises over Washington, although they might also want to be prepared for an alien visitation, just in case there is a repeat of July 1952. (oh, wouldn't we all WISH to be around for THAT)
edit on 31-1-2012 by bluestreak53 because: grammer

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What about the threat Iran made???

Or other enemies with planes.... this could go a number of places!!!!

WOW either way what a great find!!!

top topics

join