It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we accepted that we are not alone yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
IF you think about that question, really THINK about it, you might be suprised the answer that you come up with. Even thought we havent (officially) found any other source of life other than ourselves, the unimaginable number of stars out there with planets makes it a little silly to think that we would be all alone in this vast universe. There are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on the Earth! Think about that. To me, it's almost insane to think that we are alone.

I have deep thoughts sometimes, where I just sit and think about the magnitude of stuff thats around us. Mostly the stuff that people look over in their day to day lives. I was thinking to myself and all of a sudden it hit me... Im just a dumb animal on a rock in the middle of nowhere, concerned with other dumb animals of the like. I found myself wondering if other animals on other planets think about the same things we do?

Im not really looking for any kind of debate here. In my mind we are deffinately not alone and I dont really think I could be persuaded to think differently. I just wanted to make this thread to see if other people think about things like that or maybe even get someone to think about such things.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't think i have come across one thread or post , where someone says we are alone.

I'm not sure why this keeps coming up , I think majority believe we are not alone , just because of looking up into space and seeing her in all her glory .

Most believe there is life out there somewhere and we havn't discovered it yet.

But the very few who believe we are alone are just going by that we havn't found that life yet . But they are very small in number

hardly worth bringing up ! Now please stop taking board space

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hell yeah
Even if you look at it mathematically the odds of there NOT being intelligent life is far greater
The problem may be this, in the west / developed countries we've mostly come to accept this
But when you go to areas that have been scientifically neglected, just saying man walked on the moon can get you beheaded, imagine how fundamentalist Christians could react worse case - then apply this to say deepest darkest Afghanistan
We like to think we are ready to know - but that's our view
As a collective species - I personally don't think we are ( not until we control or or influence these areas and populous )
And who knows maybe - could have something to do with certain nations foreign policy's
But that's another topic all together

new topics

join