It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich facing lawsuit over use of song at his political rallies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich faces a lawsuit over his use of "Eye of the Tiger," the theme song to the movie "Rocky III," court documents show.

The claim for copyright infringement, lodged on Monday by Rude Music Inc in an Illinois federal court, relates to Gingrich's use of the song at his political rallies.

The complaint states that the violation it alleges is intentional since Gingrich is "sophisticated and knowledgeable" concerning copyright laws. Rude Music Inc has requested the court to order an end to unauthorized use of the song by the defendants, and to award Rude Music Inc damages.

Another hiccup, although minor problably, for the Gingrich campaign. I wonder if this will be brought up in the next debate, whenever that is?

Will this lawsuit affect his campaign? I think it will just be an annoyance for him, problably just costing him a little bit of money, but he needs every dime he has to compete against Romney.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Your guess is as good as mine as to whether this effects his campaign. Probably won't do much, since his "family values" (lack thereof) and controversial dealings with Freddie Mac apparently don't matter to the people that support him.

Most importantly this just goes to show that he (like many politicians) feels the law doesn't apply to him.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
He should get sued for his security guy hurting that ron Paul supporters foot.......Newt sucks,GO AWAY NEWT.............................i think people are in for a surprise here soon ...GO RON PAUL !!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
So appropriate to pick from Rocky - the guy who gets the poop pounded out of him by the black guy.

So let's pick a new theme song for Newt:

How about this George Arlen favorite: It's Only a Paper Moon.

top topics

join