It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danxia Landforms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
These are some of the most beautiful natural creations that I've ever seen. Simply amazing

en.wikipedia.org...

The Danxia landform refers to various landscapes found in southeast and southwest China that "consist of a red bed characterized by steep cliffs".[1] It is a unique type of petrographic geomorphology found in China. Danxia landform is formed from red-colored sandstones and conglomerates of largely Cretaceous age. The landforms look very much like karst topography that forms in areas underlain by limestones, but since the rocks that form Danxia are sandstones and conglomerates, they have been called "pseudo-karst" landforms. Danxia landforms cover several provinces in southeast China. Taining County, Fujian Province, has very good examples of "young" danxia landforms wherein deep, narrow valleys have been formed. As the landform gets older, valleys widen and one gets isolated towers and ridges.

www.absolutechinatours.com...

The majestic Danxia landform in the city of Zhangye is the most amazing artwork of God. Its spectacular scenery, unusual shapes & perfect blending of bright colors make it one of the most beautiful among its kind. It covers around 10 square kilometers and one could see red, yellow, orange, green, white, gray, light gray and other colors, which paint the numerous valleys & hills colorful, as if you have walked into a wonderland that only exists in a fairy tale.

english.cntv.cn...

whc.unesco.org...

After seeing these pictures, visiting China to see the
Danxia landforms there just got on the "things to do list".

edit on 31-1-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is so amazing! I can only imagine what wonders exist in China that we don't know about. Thank you for the thread.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is so amazing! I can only imagine what wonders exist in China that we don't know about. Thank you for the thread.

new topics

join