It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Woman: "Interesting" Unemployed Husband Can't Find Job

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
im being curious but what would happen if no one voted for a presidential candidate.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Obama is living in a dream world filled with an artificially inflated economy...

this growth was predicted, and was also predicted that the recession would come back after 2-4 quarters of growth.

I don't know about you guys... but Obama has lost touch with reality.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think it's comical that Obama says "...if you'll send me his resume..."!

How about the other 25 million people out of work...care to have a look at theirs too Mr. President?

Better yet...how about just putting them to work...create jobs...decrease spending for a month (so you can cover the payroll for 25 million people)?

Anyone have Obama's fax number...I'm sending my resume too!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haites
im being curious but what would happen if no one voted for a presidential candidate.

I Believe the answer is,,,, If neither candidate has a majority of electoral votes. I Think the House of Representatives chooses the president by majority vote.

I need to Google That One Day When I'm Not To Busy.
I'm a Naturalized American Citizen and I don't understand all the processes yet.

I do know that, I wouldn't believe anything this President and His Cronies Told Me,,,, I Would Not Send Him My Resume,,,,, He'd More Than Likely Have A Brian-Fart Because His Prompters and Yes Men Weren't setting in Front of Him Spoon Feeding Him,,,,,, My Resume Would End Up In Front Of That Wacko Janet Napolitano and I'd Be On The No Fly List Or Some Thing

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
I think it's comical that Obama says "...if you'll send me his resume..."!

How about the other 25 million people out of work...care to have a look at theirs too Mr. President?

Better yet...how about just putting them to work...create jobs...decrease spending for a month (so you can cover the payroll for 25 million people)?

Anyone have Obama's fax number...I'm sending my resume too!

Corresponding with the White House

www.dol.gov...
Jessica R. Sincavage, Chief
Division of International Technical Cooperation
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Room 2190
2 Massachusetts Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20212-0001
Telephone: (202) 691-5666
www.bls.gov...

I Hope That Helps,,,,,,

Fax: (202) 691-7900

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Maybe I don't know enough about American politics and the current state of your economy, but from the video I just saw, he gave a pretty good response to the Lady. We hear the same story over and over, that there are skill shortages and that is why we must out source or rely on immigration. It seemed Obama wanted to see if this was true by using this woman's husband as an example. Hopefully he may be able to help the husband and others who find themselves in similar circumstances.

I'm sure I will be accused of drinking the "kool aid" or whatever you guys call it. But seemed like a perfectly acceptable response, so not sure what the fuss is about.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Every american who is out of work should send obama a resume... That may bring him back to reality..

2nd

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
One of my professors told me about a conversation between school officials and people from industry who hire engineers.

The purpose for the meeting was to determine what the school should teach to make graduates more employable.

School was pitching, good design, trouble shooting skills...

Industry guys said, no, we really need people who can make and present powerpoint presentations. If we need design work we can have that done by nerds in India for half the price.

Dean almost went over the table at him.

I myself am working as a technician, have a degree in Electrical Engineering, 2004.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
LIES, LIES and more LIES. Can't this president say something that is truthful?

I know politicians lie, it's part of the game. But, everytime I see Barry open his mouth, all I hear him saying is.."I'm lying to you, I'm lying to you, I'm lying to you....Hear my words for they are true" and "You're getting very sleepy, very sleepy."

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i]reply to post by kawika

kawika,,, For Some Strange Reason,,,,,,, I Believe You

That is Just Awful,,,,They are throwing our Young People Under The Bus
and I'm Sure It's Done To Increase Their Profits.

Here are some other jobs seekers for Canada:

Philippine Recruitment Agencies with Canada Job Openings

khassandra.hubpages.com...

Any Body Here Interested in Working in Japan?
Resources For Finding Jobs in Japan - Jobs Resources for those wishing to live and work in Japan.

1-STOP Overseas Employment Online - Overseas - Overseas - Jobs - Employment. Work and live in any country

www.escapeartist.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Obama Tells Woman: "Interesting" Unemployed Husband Can't Find Job

...send resume

Yes, Do You Believe That?
I mean Obama is telling this woman, Her Husband Should Be Employed in His Job Field,,,, Obama being Told There Are Jobs To Be Had Very Easily,,, He Believes This.
Here read for yourself.

During his Google+ hangout Pres. Obama tells a woman that her husband shouldn't be unemployed from the growth he has seen in the economy. Obama said he finds it "interesting" because he is getting "the word" that someone in her husband's job field "should be able to find something right away."

Source: www.realclearpolitics.com...
YEA, That's what he said,,,,,,

"interesting" because he is getting "the word"

Who's Giving Obama The Word
and How Stupid Is He,,, Obama Can't Read for himself, He Dosen't Have Ears or Eye's?
So,,, Are There 3 Million new jobs out there?

I used the search function twice, negative results.
edit on 30-1-2012 by guohua because: Spelling

This is why Obama is toast.

To quote James Carville "It's the economy, stupid."

No president has ever been re-elected with unemployment numbers like this
since FDR.

Obama has added more people to the Food Stamp Program than any other president in
the history of the United States.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

He's Unemployment Numbers are Soooooooooooo High The Dept. of Labor and The Liberal Media is Covering and Making Up False Claims and Numbers.
People have been forced to Stop Drawing Their Unemployment checks,,, So,,, the numbers go down, Even Though Their All Still Unemployed.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So that means EVERY SINGLE American should put Obama as a reference.

SERIOUSLY.

What a good idea, eh?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

He's Unemployment Numbers are Soooooooooooo High The Dept. of Labor and The Liberal Media is Covering and Making Up False Claims and Numbers.
People have been forced to Stop Drawing Their Unemployment checks,,, So,,, the numbers go down, Even Though Their All Still Unemployed.

Pass the word: According to government statistics, if the same number of people were

working today that were working in 2007 the unemployment number would be 11%.

The only reason the unemployment number is 8.5% is because millions of Americans

have simply given up and dropped out of the workforce.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Sure and These People Should Start Their New Resumes Today and Fax Them To The Obama Hiring Agaency, I think It's Temp Work Only,,,, At-Lest Until He Get It Farmed Out To India or China.

AA to Cut Up to 15,000 Jobs

NBC 5 has learned that Fort Worth-based American Airlines may cut between 10,000 and 15,000 jobs across the company.

www.nbcdfw.com...
YUP,,,, Obamas Economy is Really Getting Better,,,, I'd Like To Know For Who

How About These Americans, is this Obamas idea of putting Americans to work?
By Helping To Process Other Americans Welfare Needs

Economic woes have forced at least one city agency into a hiring spree -- adding more workers to process the demand for food stamps and other assistance.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

Obama The Man Who Put More Americans On Welfare Than Any-Other

ETA: Let's Not Forget California:
HERE WE GO AGAIN: CA to run out of cash by early March...
edit on 1-2-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Here is what you need to understand - that's what corporations do. That's all they do. It's what they're designed to do and what they're supposed to do. Return maximum profit to the shareholders. Not effect social change, not "create jobs", not any single thing other than increase profits.

This is news?

Now one big thing the Government should be doing in addition to regulating for mitigation of abusive power, is seeing to it that there is an environment conducive to doing business in the US rather than overseas. At the very least a sane tax policy and rational monetary policy. You see exactly one Presidential candidate railing about that, and he doesn't have a prayer.

What we need is Capitalism (yes, with some regulation that makes sense) not what we have, which is Corporatism.

If things improve, it will be in spite of whatever train wreck is derived from policies in Washington.

There are several ways this could theoretically change and ultimately be fixed, but all but one of them require things happening that flat aren't going to happen. No, it'll change after there's a whopping big crash that'll make 1929 look like a Maypole dance. It's going to be uglier than you can imagine, because it'll be bigger than anything that's come before and with a more devastating impact affecting significantly more people.

Maybe out of the ashes of that failed society and bureaucracy, if we don't wipe each other out in the process, we can build something sustainable for the next few generations, at least until they get complacent and have to go through the same thing all over again.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It is not just Obama. What he is doing is not helping, true.

But what really drove us over the edge was the automotive bosses, padding retirement accounts with short term profits from exporting jobs. And, the unions pricing themselves out of the job with insane demands.

Also, the HR people all seem to be having trouble finding qualified people when they should be tripping over them. I have observed this myself interviewing for jobs I was perfectly qualified for with no calls back and then observing the same ad being placed again...

What qualifies one to work in HR? Can a person hire for technical jobs if they have no technical experience?

Recent experience has all been "hired by the boss" or no go. Bosses who do their own hiring have been my only way in. HR people are 404. Present company excluded of course.

K
edit on 1-2-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Here is what you need to understand - that's what corporations do. That's all they do. It's what they're designed to do and what they're supposed to do. Return maximum profit to the shareholders. Not effect social change, not "create jobs", not any single thing other than increase profits.

This is news?

Now one big thing the Government should be doing in addition to regulating for mitigation of abusive power, is seeing to it that there is an environment conducive to doing business in the US rather than overseas. At the very least a sane tax policy and rational monetary policy. You see exactly one Presidential candidate railing about that, and he doesn't have a prayer.

What we need is Capitalism (yes, with some regulation that makes sense) not what we have, which is Corporatism.

If things improve, it will be in spite of whatever train wreck is derived from policies in Washington.

There are several ways this could theoretically change and ultimately be fixed, but all but one of them require things happening that flat aren't going to happen. No, it'll change after there's a whopping big crash that'll make 1929 look like a Maypole dance. It's going to be uglier than you can imagine, because it'll be bigger than anything that's come before and with a more devastating impact affecting significantly more people.

Maybe out of the ashes of that failed society and bureaucracy, if we don't wipe each other out in the process, we can build something sustainable for the next few generations, at least until they get complacent and have to go through the same thing all over again.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

What we need is a capitalist in the White House.

We need to repeal ObamaCare. (SCOTUS will help us with that.)
That will remove the -uncertainty cloud- hovering over US corporations.

We need to repeal Dodd Frank. Which gave birth to the CFPB (Funded by Fed Reserve)

We need to abolish the Dept. of Education and turn it back to the states.

Most importantly, we need something new to grow the GDP.
The last something new was the World Wide Web.
Jobs....Jobs.....Jobs!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Eurisko2012, Did you hear Michelle Obama today and the Totally Crazy Lies She's Telling,,,, Or Maybe She Believes These B. S. Because She Only Goes Shopping and Vacationing and is Surrounded My Yes Men and Women.

First lady Michelle Obama cites 'remarkable progress' on the economy

First Lady Michelle Obama cited "remarkable progress" on the economy during a speech for a small crowd of high-profile Hollywood names in Los Angeles on Tuesday evening.

OK, You Caught That Didn't Ya? Yes, This Part Right Here: speech for a small crowd of high-profile Hollywood names in Los Angeles I wonder if any of these High Profile Hollywood Types Live From Pay Check To Pay Check?

"In the last three years, we've worked hard to get out of this mess and we've made some remarkable progress," the first lady told a group of about 135 supporters at a private campaign event for her husband. She listed President Obama's accomplishments on healthcare reform, the removal of troops from Iraq and the repeal of "Don't ask, don't tell" among other items on the list of "promises kept" touted by Obama's reelection campaign.

thehill.com...

Some Body Didn't Whisper In Her Ear About:

AA to Cut 13,000 Jobs; Close Alliance Base

Fort Worth-based AMR, the parent company of American Airlines, said Wednesday they will cut 13,000 jobs and close the Fort Worth Alliance maintenance hub.

www.nbcdfw.com...
Before she opened her mouth to her Hollywood Buddies,,, Or maybe they don't Care!

Makes Your Nose Bleed and Your Head Hurts Reading This Crap!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Please Send All Your Comments and Resumes To: www.whitehouse.gov...
Now That Wedel’s husband Darin has been contacted by several potential employers.

I still say Obama never answered her original question about why he's talking about taking measures to bring jobs back to the US, yet not addressing the high rate of H-1B visas issued each year. He didn't even sound like he understood what the question was. So he helps one guy get a job. What will he do about the H-1B's?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join