It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientogy? Crazy Nuts or what?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Many years ago when I used to work in a 5 Star Hotel in Sydney Australia we used to have a regular table once a month of about 12 people I assumed to be flight crew for an airline, they had uniforms and such like and always seemed very chatty amongst themselves, always smiling etc...
Didn't really think about it at first but you overhear what people are talking about when you are serving them and after a few months I realised they were group of Scientologists.

I don't think it would be out of line to say these people were "nuts," they were definatally not part of this world.
I've read up on it since and found it relatively straightforward, it just another mind-control cult, pyramid structure, mental programming etc...

Has many similarities to Freemasonry, I'd assume it was created under the same basic framework and I've read that Hubbard was a relatively high up member of several other "fraternal" organisations, best steer clear of it.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: MRNECROS fears whatever he does not understand. Fear and suspicion (with a good helping of paranoia) are his initial responses.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I don't think it's particularly nice to call what others believe in "nuts", you may not understand it, but unless you are in it and "know" what your talking about....you can't make such assumptions!

Maybe so, but it's clear that many here do have a pretty good understanding of it, and then call them "nuts", hehe...

I myself work in Clearwater, FL, arguably the Scientology capital of the world, hehe... I've read Dianetics, and know many Scientologists. Suffice to say, my amateur opinion, is that they are indeed "nuts".

It is a cult by every definition of the word. Nuts may be too strong, but "misguided" certainly applies.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
there are a lot of reasons to be suspicious of scientology. And I could write three to five pages of just the simple contradictions but I think the basic problem with the Scientology faith is this:

When things go right in your life it's because of Scientology.

When things go wrong in your life, it's because you're not working hard enough to learn scientology.

Religion takes the credit when you win and blames you win you loose.

But again, this is just the over simplified the tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Good to see a forum that can discuss a topic like this in a mature way!

Scientology is no more out there than most religions! The bible has stories that are at the same level as 'Xenu' yet the bible is socially accepted.

The sad fact is, what people believe is heavily driven by the media and most people don't seem to think for themselves and use their common sense.

Things may change in the future, but it will have to be driven by some of the may forces like the media and world leaders to make a major change.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
For a laugh, check out www.churchofmyconology.com...

Myconology is the worship and consumption of huge mounds of manure while living in a stale, lifeless environment and giving yourself entirely to some relentless moron.

They hit pretty close to home, eh wot?

Seems like the same could be applied to quite a few belief systems.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Symbiote]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join