It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Does Ivan Have A Date With New Orleans?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
According to the latest stats if Ivan hits New Orleans with a direct hit you can say good bye to the city. The experts are really more concerned with the contamination potential than anything else.

news.yahoo.com
The worst-case scenario for New Orleans � a direct strike by a full-strength Hurricane Ivan � could submerge much of this historic city treetop-deep in a stew of sewage, industrial chemicals and fire ants, and the inundation could last for weeks, experts say.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

after reading this and other articles about Ivan hitting New O.. I didn't realize (until now) how catastrophic this is could be. Can you imagine in our life time the witnessing of a city being wiped off the face of the earth? These guys are saying that there's a potiential 20 foot high flooding!
And, the contamination!! Holy crap! after its' all said and done you might as well open New O as the new toxic waste dumping ground cause no one will be able to live there.

Can you name one thing man has touched that he hasn't messed up or corrupted?

[edit on 15-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Kind of Biblical, dontcha think?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Well, I've got one more for you. According to a member of a New Orleans agency, and requesting to stay anonymous, there have been 6 models ran that have the eye of Ivan going directly over New Orleans. According to this source the projected path was intentionally shifted to the east to "avoid panic". As of yesterday, certain agencies (police, fire, etc.) have been ordered to bed at headquarters and can no longer go home.

My question is this...IF the above information is true, exactly what is it about the citizens of New Orleans that make them less worthy of a proper evacuation notice than the citizens of the state of Florida?

I'm hoping that the information I've been given is wrong, because if it isn't, I'm extremely upset by this.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I just wanted to share with everyone the hurricane traking site I've been using.It's very good.

html.nbc5i.com...

Looks very much as though New Orleans will be taking a direct hit.It's catagory 4 at the moment but it's very clear that it has continually strengthened each time it's aproached land,possibly as the water is warmer as it becomes more shallow.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
My question is this...IF the above information is true, exactly what is it about the citizens of New Orleans that make them less worthy of a proper evacuation notice than the citizens of the state of Florida?

Would you like the list alphabetically or in the order that their particular sins appear in the Bible?

I've got friends there. They know they're underwater. Up to the car windows at least once a year. You should see the squallor they live in now off St. Charles (and these guys are rich) to understand the big fat resounding ...eh? the city residents give about being washed away in a cleansing flood.

Something about eating cheese 5 meals a day and having the entire country come take a dump in your front yard every Mardi Gras really makes you almost welcome death. Plus I hear beer floats, so my friends will be fine.

If this is really and truly the end of New Orleans this time I'm positive there's some old timers that will be at Johnny White's til the bitter end.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I was just reading some Nostradamus - any of this sound familiar? Remembering that he was from France and Orleans is a French city with definite french roots.

"C10Q49

Garden of the world near the new city,
In the path of the hollow mountains:
It will be seized and plunged into the Tub,
Forced to drink waters poisoned by sulfur."

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rancid1

after reading this and other articles about Ivan hitting New O.. I didn't realize (until now) how catastrophic this is could be.

September 14, 2004 - the age of global superstorms starts
September 15, 2004 - Will Big Easy turn into Big Soup Bowl ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You can't kill a coon-ass ... just ask me .. hahah ...

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I was just reading some Nostradamus - any of this sound familiar? Remembering that he was from France and Orleans is a French city with definite french roots.

"
Although it may indeed hit NO.....people have interpreted that quatrain to many cities, usually NY.
C10Q49

Garden of the world near the new city,
In the path of the hollow mountains:
It will be seized and plunged into the Tub,
Forced to drink waters poisoned by sulfur."

I posted this on your thread also about Nostradamus' writings"
The problem with most of Nostradamus' writings, is that they can be interpreted in so many ways to fit so many situations.....people can read into them pretty much what they want.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Well, I've got one more for you. According to a member of a New Orleans agency, and requesting to stay anonymous, there have been 6 models ran that have the eye of Ivan going directly over New Orleans. According to this source the projected path was intentionally shifted to the east to "avoid panic". As of yesterday, certain agencies (police, fire, etc.) have been ordered to bed at headquarters and can no longer go home.

I'm hoping that the information I've been given is wrong, because if it isn't, I'm extremely upset by this.

Well, as of right now, the hurricane is heading straight for Mobile, Alabama.

I assure you, the citizens of New Orleans had a proper evacuation notice. I take a drive in Baton Rouge, and I see about half the city here. It takes eight hours to go about 80 miles from New Orleans to Baton Rouge because so many are evacuating. Even Grand Isle has been evacuated, apparently they are getting tropical storm force winds right now. Looks like it might miss N.O. unless it takes another turn.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
New Orleans wouldn't be wiped off the face of the map, but a direct hit by a storm would be catastrophic in terms of loss of life and flood damage.

After Betsy hit in 1965, it left a scar on the collective consciousness of New Orleans. It is the disaster by which every other hardship is compared and everyone has a Betsy story.

The storm does seem to be headed north now toward Mobile, but it coud change and go anywhere. I hope NO is spared the brunt of the storm, but I am not wishing it on others. It's funny that when you live in hurricane country, you have to live with this guilt trip of not wanting it to hit you, but knowing that it has to hit someone.

I lived in NO for twenty-two years, '76-'98

The worst storm damage I have ever seen was following Camille in 1969. That was a diaster of Biblical proportions. It flattened everthing including a hotel full of people having a hurricane party.

I went there a week later and it left permanent impression on me and I had just gotten back from Vietnam and was still undergoing treatment. That's how devastating it was.

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 04/9/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I know that my friends from Mobile have been safely evacuated. This is really hard for them though they have two children and they are losing work, etc. I just pray that everyone is safe and so do they.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Well, I've got one more for you. According to a member of a New Orleans agency, and requesting to stay anonymous, there have been 6 models ran that have the eye of Ivan going directly over New Orleans. According to this source the projected path was intentionally shifted to the east to "avoid panic".

Well Valhall, you never usually post things like this so I'm more inclined to believe you when it comes to anonymous information. That's very tragic and scary indeed.

[EDIT]:Where is Cantore?

[edit on 9/15/2004 by titian]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I just got off the phone with my cousin who is a meterologist with NOAA working out of Calera, Alabama. He confirmed Valhall's report of 6 computer models showing the storm going straight into New Orleans and also said that they were a true total of eight showing that path. He also pointed out that one model had the storm bouncing along the coast line from the panhandle to Texas. However the vast majority of the models show a hit up the Mobile bay.

The honest to God truth is that we don't exactly know where the monster is going to strike just best guess. However everyone in the areas on the map marked red are being warned for a direct hit so New Orleans has been warned.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here's an update, as of 1pm CDT, the storm has drifted a little west of Mobile, pushing it closer to the alabama, mississipi border. If the storm keeps this track it will probably still miss N.O., but if takes another turn to the west, it's possible it could hit.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I've been tracking this thing since it was a TS, and the scenario of a direct New Orleans hit is something I've worried about as soon as Ivan went south of Cuba. This storm is basically as strong as Charlie and as big as Frances...........

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Anyone ever notice how much hurricanes look like spiral solar systems?

Maybe thats all our solar system is, a big storm.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hmmmm...... Never really thought about it but yeah your right they are awfully similar.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Double hmmmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sorry but not New Orleans is between Mobil and Pesacola.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join