It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condos for sale in former nuclear missile silo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I saw this story on CBS Sunday Morning program - usually a show for the older crowd :-)

The TV interviews were more powerful than this written version of the story, but here it is:

Article

Video

I found it interesting to see this on a main stream show, but also the reporter's snide disbelief, like the guy is bonkers for prepping for the worst.

Also, the condos are all still available....so were are all these wealthy elite clamoring to buy a safe house??

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
wow awesome ! what a great idea !

use something of mass destruction for mass protection from mass destruction !

screw that reporter guy ! I know many people would would love to rent property there!

lol best value for your money if you plan to escape a major event!

The windows were so cool ! i want that for my home
be in space , water , san fran lol !! the possibilities !

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The snarky little punk reporter was a real irritant in watching the segment. I found myself imagining some end-of-the-world scenario, and Mr. Snippy is outside of the missile silo banging on the door to be let in. That made me smile.

When I see a journalistic piece, no matter how far out, I DON'T want to know the opinion of the reporter, because that colors the whole story. Therefore, it is not "news", it is "personal opinion".

The problem with the silo condos is not the idea, it is the price. Not too many people have two million bucks to blow on a condo in the middle of nowhere. I personally would find that housing situation to be claustrophobic. I have a house in the middle of nowhere, and a large concrete tornado shelter. I'll take my chances where I'm at.

Besides, if I had $2 million, I would be able to build my own underground bunker. He is catering to the uber-rich crowd, the very people least likely to believe in an apocalyptic scenario in the near future.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

www.guardian.co.uk...

Your looking in the wrong country.
Note, this was done in 2006. The bunkers your posting about is older news, its been out for many years.

These bunkers are in the ground, so what do you do if its a massive earthquake..and cracks the structure? Or a flood and your under water for months?

Live your life and prep what you can, because noone knows what "IT" will be.
Major life changing events, could be mother nature, with astroids, floods, earthquakes of 10+...I think it will be economic, more so than anything else, but things happen...more than 1 at a time...like Japan just had...earthquakes, sunami, loss of power, radiation, distruction of thousands of buildings.

One leads to another, so do what you think, for you...for where you live.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

it'll be the only condominium in the world capable of withstanding a direct nuclear attack.

Well worth the 2 mill.
But you have to be in it in order to survive.
I wonder if it will be good for zombie apocolypse.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Erm yeah...

This is an old missile silo...so it aint nuke proof like a nuke bunker.

Hate to break it to ya..but...missile silo's were designed to shoot there loads..
before getting whacked themselves.

And they may still be on the target list..

Wanna be safe ?? go somewhere else and build your own.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Mmmmhm that's what I was thinking, high profile and waay too expensive.
Plus, you's have to live in Kansas and close by.
Then you have no choice on who your neighbors are.
Who will be the base commander?
I dunno, I think I'd rather dig my own ditch and be the captain of the ship.
The bad guys are less likely to use a bunker buster on something small anyway, especially if they are not sure that something is there.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
They've been doing this in NY for awhile now. Here's a link of a previous post with some cool pics. If I had the money sitting around I would def buy one!

Buy a Missle Silo

top topics

join