It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is hacking and profile blocking ever legal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I ask because my friend is a member of a social network site and there is another member on there that hacks and blocks profiles, but has yet to face any legal action. So I wondered if that person has some sort of legal knowledge and acted within it?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Has your friend notified the administrators of this site? I'm not sure he/she could do anything legally, but the owners of the site probably could. If the hacker is impersonating your friend, than that's another kettle a fish since that may be construed as identity fraud.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, the administrator appears to have given up a little bit. The forum is anarchy. I shall PM you it if you would like to see.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
alot of the problem is that the server resides in one country and the 'hacker' is in another country and if they've got more than 2 brain cells they'll be sat behind a few proxies and it gets pretty hard to have to trace back the person especially if the proxy servers are in other countries which may not have laws to get the tracing info needed

and if they're doing it from a free wifi point outside some coffee shop theres pretty much no chance

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Therefore, should one fight fore with fire or simply leave the site and teach the owners a lesson of fewer people,eg funds etc?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
there are no cyber police, so no you cannot take legal action.

top topics

join