It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government conspiracy to stop you from eating horse meat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 1000TonBlocks

In the section (location on ATS) you put that you live in (Ontario) but you don't say whether you live in Canada or California.

In California eating horse meat is taboo - it is against California law to sell and/or slaughter horses. Horses are considered pets...this law was passed in 1998.

In many parts of Canada you can eat horse meat. So....I am thinking by what you have said in your thread you must live in California.

I personally have never eaten horse meat nor will I in the future....in fact I don't eat red meat at all.

If you do live in California and you are eating horse meat...you are breaking the law...and you may be caught and prosecuted.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
May have been mentioned. Although if we import horse meat and raise our own then sure. Given a EMP or bad solar flare situation if things are knocked out all we have is horses. Whoever has the most horses will be the leading superpower right. So if we eat all of russia and chinas horses while not exporting and just raising our own and using the fertilizer and so forth we would be on top for defense and agriculture from all the fertilizer

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by 1000TonBlocks

I don't need a Government conspiracy to tell me to not eat horse meat.

What is the point? It's not like we're all going to die from not getting some animal flesh.

What next, another animal species exploited by the meat industry, raised in pens to be slaughtered for your convenience? If there's a buck to be made...

edit on 1/30/2012 by ANOK because: typo

That would raise the question why are you in denial about your own Species Omnivorous natural diet. All Great Apes eat meat also. Our bodies are evolved to eat meat as part of our regular diet. Being Vegan is very unnatural.

Even Herbivores could not get by were it not for the insects they get in their feed to supply the necessary for life components that can be gotten no other way than through eating animal products.

I've always seen in your face Vegans as doing what they do for attention. There is no valid argument that meat eaters are doing anything other than eating the diet their bodies evolved for. Most know also that people who eat a Vegan diet for more than a decade and are still alive are cheating. Your liver can only store what you need for 7 or 8 years tops and that's if you ate a normal diet before becoming a Vegan.

That and most years we see two or three stories where Vegans caused their own infants death by attempting to feed them a Vegan diet while to young to survive it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
reply to post by hadriana

True but throughout history they have been used as a source of food. Ppoularity has waxed and waned through the ages but eating horse became more of a taboo once man started to use them as beasts of burden etc.

I'd probably eat people if I had to, a few I'd like to bite their head off without a growling stomach - but luckily I don't.

But right NOW horses are serving us w mounted police and as transportation, and dogs are fighting alongside our troops in Afghanistan and in airports to detect bombs and drugs. (Though I don't think drugs should be illegal.) Dogs help us find missing people, protect our homes, our livestock....

I don't eat my friends. I see our service animals as allies. Not eating them because they taste good. I'll eat a chicken that doesn't lay well or a spare rooster, or a hog.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join