It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dilemma of Being a Cyborg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Recently, in the span of about a week, a friend of mine lost her hard drive and backup drive storing years of work, her entire music collection, her photos and all her e-mail. A few weeks later, duly warned, I watched my glitchy phone finally die — and take with it almost every photo I had ever taken of my daughter since the day she was born. I hadn’t backed up my phone because I couldn’t connect my new laptop to my old external hard drive and had been planning to switch from MobileMe (to which I’d forgotten the password) to iCloud (I was holding off until I could back everything up on a hard drive, not yet purchased). My digital-storage problems had become so internecine that I didn’t stop to consider my photos’ vulnerability until it was too late. Weeks later, I’m still plagued with the back-of-the-mind feeling that one of these days I’ll figure out how to make the pictures reappear as magically as they vanished. My mind isn’t sure how to process the loss because it feels at once real and illusory.

www.nytimes.com...

I used the search engine , please delete if posted already

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well, you could call Leo.

But he will just chastise you for not using carbonite backup...

Leoville
edit on 29-1-2012 by kawika because: added link

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Does you phone save to a mini-sd card?

You may be able to physically get the data out!

Otherwise, see if you can get your hands on a working battery that fits your phone? I've had a few Nokia's that would get glitchy when the battery is on its way out. Put a new battery in and suddenly they work like new again.

join