It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous downs government, music industry sites in largest attack ever

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Anonymous downs government, music industry sites in largest attack ever

usahitman.com

Hacktivists with the collective Anonymous are waging an attack on the website for the White House after successfully breaking the sites for the FBI, Department of Justice, Universal Music Group, RIAA and Motion Picture Association of America.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

In response to today’s federal raid on the file sharing service Megaupload, hackers with the online collective Anonymous have broken the websites for the FBI, Department of Justice, Universal Music Group, RIAA, Motion Picture Association of America and Warner Music Group.

“It was in retaliation for Megaupload, as was the concurrent attack on Justice.org,” Anonymous operative Barrett Brown tells RT on Thursday afternoon.

usahitman.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on Sun Jan 29 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

And once again, the child pees on the carpet. Go over it with a deep-cleaner, spank the kid, and all's done and over with.

If you're gonna break something to make a point, make sure they have to work to fix it.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
vengence for mega upload and mega video.....if they wanna really hurt the industry take down it tunes or something the people will actualy get pissed off about as i dont think too many citizens care if federal gov sites are down but it s a start

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
These are guy sure have gotten boring. I mean at first when you though they would do something they were kind of interesting. Now you know they take down a web page for a few hours and then declare victory it makes them seem kind of lame.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Isnt this news a week old now?? Multiple threads on it...

Plus OP didnt even add any comments or anything to the post... just copy and paste

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
Isnt this news a week old now?? Multiple threads on it...

Plus OP didnt even add any comments or anything to the post... just copy and paste

Yeah that's what I was thinking. This is old news unless Anon attacked these sites again. Do a search next time OP

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

lets see you shut down government owned websites.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Those anonymous kids or pranksters are a lot more threatening then you think. I wouldn't take their childish acts lightly. If they wanted to do more damage. They could.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Agreed...

Their "Childish acts" are getting worse.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
reply to post by MrSpad

lets see you shut down government owned websites.

Why would I waste my time. Oh no our public website was down for a few hours. Whatever will we do? What is the point?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Those anonymous kids or pranksters are a lot more threatening then you think. I wouldn't take their childish acts lightly. If they wanted to do more damage. They could.

I really dont think that they can.
If they could, they would have.

Anon is nothing more than an annoyance to people, pests, like mosquitoes.

And if they are capable of more, an really care about their cause, why just annoy people, why not actually do something of substance. To me its no different then when I was a teenager and we ordered a bunch of pizzas to be sent to someone's house. It annoyed them, took up the resources of the pizza place, took some time out of everyone's day, and we got a laugh.

Anon=childish pranks that cause a few laughs.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

If you're gonna break something to make a point, make sure they have to work to fix it.

No that is the difference between wanton destruction and protest... The online protests for the most part remain peaceful...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

These so called annoyances can hack a government computer. Let's take it a step further to nuclear weapons, drones and etc... Do you not think they can hack into that? That makes them more dangerous. Right now, it's just simple petty stuff. But what if, they take it a step further. They can knock a whole internet power grid if they wanted too.

why just annoy people

They didn't annoy people? They broke into hard working people's banking accounts.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Let's take it a step further to nuclear weapons, drones and etc... Do you not think they can hack into that? That makes them more dangerous. Right now, it's just simple petty stuff.

No offense but, the above quote demonstrates just how little you really know about military "Stand Alone" systems esp in regards to Nukes...

They didn't annoy people? They broke into hard working people's banking accounts.

For this they should be idolized?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

These so called annoyances can hack a government computer. Let's take it a step further to nuclear weapons, drones and etc... Do you not think they can hack into that? That makes them more dangerous. Right now, it's just simple petty stuff. But what if, they take it a step further. They can knock a whole internet power grid if they wanted too.

why just annoy people

Those cannot be hacked because they are not connected to any Internet lines. The military has their own Internet, High Side, & Anon cannot hack it unless they have access to Top Secret computers connected to the High Side. The news about Iran hacking a drone is make believe. Nukes are most likely not connected to any high side line
edit on 29-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Let's take it a step further to nuclear weapons, drones and etc... Do you not think they can hack into that? That makes them more dangerous. Right now, it's just simple petty stuff.

No offense but, the above quote demonstrates just how little you really know about military "Stand Alone" systems esp in regards to Nukes...

For this they should be idolized?

Tell me where I am idolizing them? I'm against them.

Their tactics and abilities are more dangerous than you think.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

why just annoy people

Those cannot be hacked because they are not connected to any Internet lines. The military has their own Internet, High Side, & Anon cannot hack it unless they have access to Top Secret computers connected to the High Side. The news about Iran hacking a drone is make believe.

Yeah, no one on inside the anonymous community can be part of the inside. Piss off the wrong person and you got a leak. Military won't know, even if hit them straight in the face like 9/11.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Military will know if any sentitive data/intel is leaked, especially if it has a high classification. Compartmentalization works.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Military will know if any sentitive data/intel is leaked, especially if it has a high classification. Compartmentalization works.

Sure it will.

Give me a break.

That's why 9/11 just creeped on by them, but all the other the wars they were prepared for.

I just love excuses.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join