It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why the occupy movement MUST BE STOPPED!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Foul BEHAVIOR from occupy

Occupy protesters broke into Oakland's City Hall and a YMCA Saturday night, after a day of demonstrations that led to several clashes Source: The Bay Citizen (s.tt...)

www.baycitizen.org...
Disgusting BEHAVIOR OCCUPY

The picture speaks for itself really.
Breaking into a YMCA>? I can see CITY HALL.
Why screw up the YMCA? THAT IS
NOT ACCEPTABLE. This is not just
a few kid's throwing rocks anymore.
This movement will NOT BE TOLERATED.
The violence WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
This is getting more violent and is being
used by SOROS move on org, They are
financing this so they can melt away the core
of AMERICA. Occupy must be stopped
before you get the OAKLAND in NEW YORK
and every other OCCUPY spot.

All Hell breaks loose and it was fun!
Yes it is SOOOO much fun burning the flag
causing havoc, breaking into things and destroying
other peoples property is a fun thing to do.
Can anyone really believe these people.
LET THEM get close to my property and they
will get close to a 12gauge.
This is SCANDALOUS

These people need to be happy
they only got a little tear gas. I hope
they get jail time, what they are doing
is a public disturbance. Time to
occupy occupy. Anti-occupy movement
coming next>? TEA PARTY VS. OCCUPY
edit on 29-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

+82 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I've been watching a lot of the streams as they happen and the reason they broke in to the YMCA was to escape out the back. They had no intention of damaging it or occupying it; they were kettle'd in to a corner and left with no other means of escape.

If you see pictures of occupy guys doing bad things and they're wearing all black, please don't assume they speak for the whole movement. These guys wear black so they can do radical things and slip back in to the crowd and the majority of occupy guys down there don't want anything to do with their radical form of protest.

+73 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ever heard of the Boston Tea Party? They didn't exactly hold hands and sing songs, did they?

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I suppose in every war worth fighting there there will be collateral damage. Otherwise most would be swiftly forgotten. If you want to make an impression you have to break a few things.
Besides, they have insurance for this, even for war.
Sure there are a few bad apples, to the delight of TPTB, but if you look at their core argument, its still a worthy fight.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
OWS failed because they were doing it all wrong.
"Hey guys, let's sit on our asses for months and yell and chant until the corruption ends..." Really, what a good idea.

The whole thing was hijacked from the get go, taken in the direction TPTB wanted it to go, and of course, nothing was solved.... except for a $5 BOA fee that fell through.

How about getting a group together and performing citizen's arrests on Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the whole cast & crew of the last 10 years fiasco of illegal wars, crimes against humanity, and murder? No? Ok, then maybe protesting with signs and burning flags will eventually work even though it's done nothing for the last 60 years.

edit on 29-1-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
These people can be used to the advantage of the rebellion. So can Sorros and his cash. My favourite book is The Iron Heel by Jack London. Its pretty much a manual on overthrowing government(the inspiration for The Turner Diaries which is like an updated manual) Activists have alot of energy even if they are mostly idealistic morons. The anarchists can be utilized. The poor. Minorities......

It isnt really a 'movement' its a rebellion.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
I've been watching a lot of the streams as they happen and the reason they broke in to the YMCA was to escape out the back. They had no intention of damaging it or occupying it; they were kettle'd in to a corner and left with no other means of escape.

If you see pictures of occupy guys doing bad things and they're wearing all black, please don't assume they speak for the whole movement. These guys wear black so they can do radical things and slip back in to the crowd and the majority of occupy guys down there don't want anything to do with their radical form of protest.

They would not needed to *escape*
if they were not doing anything wrong.
THIS IS OCCUPY this DOES speak for the whole
group. They want violence. This is not the boston
tea party or the revolution war. Quit comparing them.
Ready for the onslaught of PRO occupy defending
the actions of these people and the occupy movement.
It will be stopped I PROMISE.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I've marched in protests since I was 16-and there is ALWAYS a contingent of stupid wannabe "anarchists" in them. They think that causing a ruckus instead of making an impassioned statement is more effective. All it does is piss off the Righteous Rightwingers and makes otherwise decent people not want to have their voices heard due to bad 'associations.'

As for burning the flag, I can not stand to see Old Glory incinerated. However, if these morons want to shock folks with their "edginess" the Constitution guarantees this right...and we don't want to step on the Constitution, do we.

edit on 1/29/2012 by NuminousCosmos because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They can burn all the gold-fringe flags they want as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Oh, there was one other thing. Occupy Philly tried to get the city of Philadelphia to change curfew laws. They sat around knitting, literally, and asked for a change in the time they had to go to bed ffs.

These people are taking real action.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
I've marched in protests since I was 16-and there is ALWAYS a contingent of stupid wannabe "anarchists" in them. They think that causing a ruckus instead of making an impassioned statement is more effective. All it does is piss off the Righteous Rightwingers and makes otherwise decent people not want to have their voices heard due to bad 'associations.'

As for burning the flag, I cant not stand to see Old Glory incinerated. However, if these morons want to shock folks with their "edginess" the Constitution guarantees this right...and we don't want to step on the Constitution, do we.

They are instigating a FIGHT!!
They can burn the flag all they want, but to destroy property,
cause a nuisance, and hurt the good people of America.
If they want to bust up property some good Samaritans
are going to bust up there faces.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

Oh, there was one other thing. Occupy Philly tried to get the city of Philadelphia to change curfew laws. They sat around knitting, literally, and asked for a change in the time they had to go to bed ffs.

REAL ACTION?
Right, the occupiers
really do want violence.
This REAL ACTION is
not going to change anything
except them getting the boot.
Only idiots are going to support this
violence.

+42 more 
link   
theyre doing more for change and the betterment of the country than you are, OP.

dont blame all for the actions of a few. its like how women say all men are sh!tty and pigs because they dated a few douche bags.

i hope the occupy movement continues and evolves into something greater.

also as JFK said....Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
edit on 29-1-2012 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

also let them burn all the american flags they want. its a peace of cloth the represents nothing. see it as them cremating what was once an amazing country, but died because people decided to bitch and whine and moan, opposed to doing anything to fix anything.
edit on 29-1-2012 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Um. . . how is the YMCA part of the 1%?

This is a poor reflection on their movement.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I can see how the occupy movement will set the stage for greater things to come.
one way or the other this country is going to get a good colon cleansing and if this is what its got to take to get the ball rolling, SO BE IT

both sides are tooling up for a showdown and it ain't gonna be pretty

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

They would not needed to *escape*
if they were not doing anything wrong.
THIS IS OCCUPY this DOES speak for the whole
group. They want violence. This is not the boston
tea party or the revolution war. Quit comparing them.
Ready for the onslaught of PRO occupy defending
the actions of these people and the occupy movement.
It will be stopped I PROMISE.

Why not compare them? Is it not appropriate seeing as we are living in a time where our money is taken from us without our permission (bailouts). You know how it was all about 'No Taxation without Representation' at the time of the Boston Tea Party. So, who represented you when all the bailouts went out and increased YOUR part of the national debt as an individual? We all have to pay that back you know. Through MORE TAXES.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Um. . . how is the YMCA part of the 1%?

This is a poor reflection on their movement.

These goons are just rioting to riot.
It is the cool in style thing to do.
THIS IS NOT THE 60'S or 70's
VIETNAM anti-war movement.

The Y was invaded for fun.
They wanted to go play some basketball
and stay in there and use it
for fun because they had so many people
they thought who can stop them.
ATTACKING THE YMCA these people are
SICK!

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

the bankers will be grateful for your support
divide et impere... works every time
instead of allowing others to manipulate you
start reading some history books?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In no way do those flag burners represent all of the occupy movement. It's frankly an insult to the many supporters who believe in this country, but also want to see an end of the political and financial market corruption.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

REAL ACTION?
Right, the occupiers
really do want violence.
This REAL ACTION is
not going to change anything
except them getting the boot.
Only idiots are going to support this
violence.

What, did I miss the part of the story were they beheaded police officers or ripped crying babies from the arms of their mothers? I'm pretty sure they just entered buildings.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join