It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Light OUTSIDE My Door

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
Any other info you can provide might help to shed some light on what happened. Were there any smells associated with this event?

Don't think it was a firecracker, as there was no remains of a firecracker and we don't have a neighbor close enough to throw one over our fence.

Doubt it was lightning either. Clear sky that night, no thunder, no sign of lightning striking, and wouldnt the noise have come after also?

All I know is my family heard this noise and a second later my brother saw the light originate from the point on the ground and spread outwards extremely bright for a second then disappear. That's honestly all I got, but I'll ask my brother later today if there's anything else I'm missing.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Those are the first things I noticed too. Then I was filled with envy that I don't have a head massager like that.

But to the OP, and someone else that posted a similar story; do you think it's possible it was ball lightning? I mean it's pretty much considered as "out there" as paranormal things and there isn't a lot of information about it, but from stories I've read it sounds like it could be the same thing.
edit on 30-1-2012 by jacktorrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by anydaynow18

Wikipedia-Ball Lightning

Does that sound at all like what your brother and his friends saw? There are reports of ball lightning exploding, moving around, etc. It's fairly rare and there isn't a lot known about it, but that was the first thing I thought of when you said it couldn't be a transformer.

If it's ball lightning that's pretty awesome, I've been fascinated with it for awhile now.
edit on 31-1-2012 by jacktorrance because: forgot to add the link

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Perhaps someone in your neighbourhood was playing with fireworks.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

When I was a kid I had the privilege of seeing one of these. It hovered for a few seconds over the lake by our house. Beautiful phenomena.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Something broke the sound barrier.

Ball lightning comes to mind as the most natural cause.

Doors are often made of metal, so that might have something to do with the location. Negatively charged ions gather up somewhere, not unlike when you drag your rubber shoes across a synthetic fiber carpet, and then they can attract their opposite. Nature vented, you got ball lightning, a plasma bubble. Maybe your house was generating a lot of static, from the fridge, the dryer, the heater, and other electronics in your home.

I wondering about the trees, if any, around the home, and vehicles, rocks, water sources, that could have contributed to the location of this natural cause.

It could be a micro black hole too.

Those ideas aside, it could relate to something of a time and space nature. Doors. Living beings like using doors; doors hold not only a physical portal to your abode but also a metaphysical portal. It could be a phenomenon related to some burst of time travel that has yet to occur close to where you live. Or not; it could happen a thousand years from now. Hard to tell without other signs.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It's a gate to Narnia, greetings to Aslan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join