It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can't have morals if you're religious.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

Youre not the one who establishes what morals are, God is and more specifically Jesus the Messiah. Youre dancing to his tune wether you like it or not and there can be no escape. Youre either for him or against him.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

I'm argueing the stance your standing in, so you know where I'm coming from.

Why can't I be good if I'm religious? I realize through Christ that all that is within me, in my flesh, is bad, and leads to death. Even to the point of wanting to be saved - my ulterior motive is to be saved from Hell. But though my faith fails, My God never will. He died to save me, and to impute unto me HIS righteousness. My emotions and flesh may tell me otherwise, but my God left His Word, and I trust it over my heart. My heart blows with the wind, but with God's word - the universe is held together. I trust Him over myself.

I think morals cannot exist without God. Without God defining something as CONCRETE - such as morals - there can be none. It becomes all speculative. And more complicated when intentions come into play. Is a lie bad, if intentions were good? What about murder? Without something(someone) ABOVE morals - they cannot TRULY exist, other than being mere opinion.

You're views on right and wrong, are an assertion - an opinion, regardless of how many may agree with you. It's survival of the fittest - whoever is the strongest is, to back up their views, is right. How is that right?!?!?

In aruement of fairness, what about the minority, who disagrees with the majority's view of "right" and "wrong"? Without God defining CONCRETE stances of right and wrong, there can be no REAL right and wrong, because its nothing but an opinion of the masses. Just because everyone jumps off a cliff, is it the right thing to do?

Matthew 22:37-40 "Jesus said unto him, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Though shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Matthew 5:43-44 "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"

John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

The root of all morals is based in love.... God showed this for us, that while we were still enemies, He died for us. He imputed His character to us, through nothing on our behalf except repenting from our old ways, and believing on Him to save us.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oak123

Did you mean OP being as in me, I was being sarcastic about Communism and dictators, not sure you read it properly.

I do wonder if there was a computer automated super computer which answers back that it would not be able to read sarcasm, just a thought.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join