It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scared to astral Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So i have always wanted to astral project, im currently 21 and just found out about this a year or so ago. Anyways ive been in the vibrating state more times then i can remember. The one time where i truly OOBE i rolled out of bed, looked at myself and my girlfriend and was scared #less and woke up. Ever since then i have been so scared of the vibration phase. Sometimes i cant help it but i get stuck in the vibration stage countless times throughout the night and it scares me, causes me anxiety, like im really scared of seeing negative beeings. I would consider myself to be very fearful though i always want to break out of my fear. I tell myself during the day that the next time i have a vibration state that i will relax and experience an oobe. Well it never happens cause i get engulfed with fear. Can some of you guys help me out? i feel like i need to experience it, and need to get over my fear? were you guys scared when you OOBE'd?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hey man, I can totally relate to you and your interests of astral projection. I'm 19 years old and have experimented with astral projection and OBE for a year now; I had three astral projections so far, when I was in a deep trance and invoked sleep paralysis.
The anxiety is very common for young adults our age who experiment/induce any OBEs and it's probably because we think during the process, with an empty mind you can hear your vibrations and intensify them to raise your vibrations. Going with the flow helps, I usually ground myself before bed, I have a crystal that sleeps with me too
and sometimes say a quick prayer. Whatever I can remember or experience I send my love and gratitude, so hopefully I become more conscious of my spiritual bodies. Sometimes popping some melatonin in helps you go into the trance state easier haha.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm also interested in how to do this and hope other members will respond with some helpful info. I'm also very terrified of other beings, but probably shouldn't be.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I feel you man. I used to be fairly scared to do so. Especially when you get the feeling of being trapped whilst transitioning from waking consciousness into the astral/lucid dreaming realm. You just have to remember that all of this is taking place within your head, and nothing can really hurt you. Once you nut up and go head on you will be a-ok. Remember, you are completely safe as long as you keep your wits about you.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

If you or anyone else have any questions or want some good resources to check out about astral projection, send me a message

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hi :-)

I've been a moderator of an astral projection group for over 7 years and write a monthly article on the subject. You're certainly not the first (or last) person to fear astral traveling
My advice is to wait. If you're scared, then don't do it yet. It's very much like walking into a party thinking "this is going to suck, this is going to suck, this is going to suck...danger, danger, danger!" How much fun do you think you'll have at that party?

Read the experiences of others. Robert Bruce is a great place to start and his book, Treatise on Astral Projection is free and available all over the internet. William Buhlman is another great author who writes extensively on the subject.

Take your time and wait until the fear is either gone or mostly gone. Leaving your body will be easier without the fear and you'll have a much better time.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have the same problem myself. I think it's sleep paralysis that hits me. The in between phase. I am always engulfed in fear as well for some reason and force myself to break out of that state. Just like you I keep telling myself that next time I will relax and let it happen but I always seems to panic and just regret it afterwards.

I'm not sure why I always feel that way. But it always seems like something dark is in the area and that I need to wake up. I would like to try the crystals idea. Maybe place different kinds under the matress to help center my energy.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a really good thread.

And also, the link to the book is here.

research.obe4u.com...

It might be more helpful to go slower, not to just accidentally have an oobe. So I would suggest meditating and developing Lucid Dreaming, not waiting to remember your dreams, but self directed. Ie. Wake up and then go to sleep again, or go for a nap when you're tired in the afternoon, and picture something higher frequency and nice, ie. picture going up a ladder to higher levels, where youre expanded self is, and just sit there by a pool. Pray if you have faith at all, or speak to Higher Self and Higher Power, or Love and Goodness, if you are agnostic, and state you will remember your dream and be lucid and awake during it. And deepen this. Try to see your surroundings in your mind as 3d. Ie. like camera can focus in the background and blur the foreground, focus on the foliage or trees in the background and bring clear. Take a pretend cookie out and say when you eat this cookie this will become real and tangible.

If you fall asleep but still in this state, touch the tree trunks and feel the rough bark, feel your senses.

Also, instead of picturing a scene, like in meditation, as you are slowly drifting towards sleep, see what comes in naturally and becons and try to choose a higher frequency eutopia beconing, and step in. And do the above to make it 3d.

Play around.

Can do this in deep meditation too.

So you don't feel fear.

I pray, and connecting to Source, the Christ Spirit within and Higher Self, and pulling into your heart and unconditional love, can really make it far more exciting, and safe.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I too have started meditation and after 3 tries, first day 3 minutes, second day 5 minutes, and today 5 minutes, my forehead is now reeling and I feel lighter for lack of a better description.
I am going to continue this through to fruition. I too was fearful but have researched this pretty extensively.
I did have one OBE on my 18th birthday when I was a passenger involved in a very serious car wreck involving speeds in excess of 100 mph/160 kmh. I witnessed the accident from above, the car skidding as the driver lost control and then rolling. I then re-entered my body and regained consciousness and now am very intrigued to try again.
I now also have a hypothesis about this method. Everywhere we look we see the third eye. The Egyptians used it, the Masons use it and its on the dollar bill. If this enlightenment gives us something the elite don't want us to have what would they do? It seems to me they would distract us with radio, television, cell phones and automobiles. Visual, audio, emotional sensory overload so we cannot discover what secrets exist which allow them to control us. Is this the freedom we have all been looking for? The purpose to our existence is to discover self and experience. While the elite strive to keep us locked up in our ego, linear thought processes, caging us up in boxes we make for ourselves? Is this what’s in the Hall of records that Edward Cayce described, the secrets of eternity.
Maybe we don’t need a skin suit to explore the moon, planets, universe and beyond. Has this what’s been in plain site the whole time and we have not noticed and no one has told us?
What if when we die it does not matter as all we have to do is find the light and go in. What if this is what leads us to heaven but we just need to prepare by practicing. What if we get to come back and keep coming back until we discover this fact? Death and dying don’t matter its just a loop playing linearly? Is this what the elite know and is keeping us from?
I am no expert, but you are 21, you should be invincible. Remember, even though your gone you are still there!
Happy journey,
brice

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I usually get these weekly, most nights i wake up around 4 or 5 am to pee and go to sleep and this is when the vibrations onset. This next week i am really going to try, all of these posts have motivated me especially the one on learning what the elites dont want me to know
. Ill update this post if i am successful this next week and let you know my experience. much love

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I've astral projected a couple of times but haven't been able to get the the vibration stage in a while. I have no fear of doing it and wish I could get another chance.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
I've astral projected a couple of times but haven't been able to get the the vibration stage in a while. I have no fear of doing it and wish I could get another chance.

I project about 5 times a week and never feel the vibrations. I've felt them during meditations, but not before traveling. Everyone is different so don't worry about what you do or don't, can't or won't, feel and experience.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A warrior uses fear as an ally and does not succumb to fear. Good for you that you are aware of your fear, now you must overcome it. The conquest of the spirit is more fearsome than the unknown ocean, so there is no surprise you are afraid, but warriors must not give in to their fear. Have courage to climb to the top of your spiritual summit.

top topics

join