It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dept of Law Enforcement working in Mysterious Ways.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The following comment has been posted on seven YouTube videos (there could be more) approximately four days ago (around 1/24/2012). The targeted videos date from 2007 - 2011.

The comment reads as follows:

This has been flagged as spam show hide •Not Spam

STATESIDE TERRORISM is why the US population must be disarmed.

Rollout of the Federal Govt's Gun Ownership Ban should start during the initial months of Pres. Obama's 2nd 4-year term in office.

We expect little resistance from the citizenry thanks to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which the President just signed into Federal Law.

Disarmament of all registered-gun owners (we know who you are) will be rolled out on a national-scale and should curtail any terrorism by armed patriots.

posted by user : DeptOfLawEnforcement
Channel: www.youtube.com...

I thought this was leading political news - so I thought I'd post it here for discussion...but please don't respond like a "terrorist" as this is now open to broad interpretation under NDAA. Let's discuss this calmly and rationally.

edit on 1/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
the OP like myself know what happened a few days after the port arthur massacre. we fell for the whole disarming australia scam. america must fight this with everything its got. once they have your guns its game over.

for the love of god dont fall for this.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The Second Amendment states: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Then there's the Supreme Court case of District of Columbia v. Heller (2008):

The Supreme Court votes 5 to 4 to strike down a Washington, D. C. ban on the private possession of handguns. Justice Scalia authors majority opinion. In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008) the Court considered the following question: Do D.C. Code Section 7-2502.02(a)(4), which generally bars the registration of handguns; Section 22-4504(a), which bars carrying a pistol without a license; and Section 7-2507.02, which requires that all lawfully owned firearms be kept unloaded and disassembled or bound by a trigger lock, violate the Second Amendment rights of individuals who are not affiliated with any state-regulated militia, but who wish to keep handguns and other firearms for private use in their homes? The Court concluded that the Second Amendment does establish an individual right to keep and bear arms for self-defense and hunting. The Court concluded that the D.C. gun ban could not stand. At the same time, the Court recognized that the government can regulate gun rights. The Court said its decision should not be interpreted to question the right of government to: prohibit felons and the mentally ill from owning weapons, prohibit guns in schools or public buildings, ban certain categories of guns not commonly used for self-defense, and to establish certain other conditions on gun ownership.

In light of this, the only way I can see the government being able to take our guns away is through another false flag operation on a scale large enough to get enough people in this country freaked out and willing to give up their guns.

Herein lies my real fear: Not what people do with guns, but what our government will do to get the guns away from us.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Charlton Heston; From My Cold Dead Hands

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The guns will have to go.
The goverment has been trying to do just this for a long time.
The weapons in the hands of free Americans are all the chance that the rest of us have.
Loose those too and it really will be world distatorship.
This has got to be stopped for good.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Under NDAA protesting against war on Iran could be considered an act of terrorism. Something like this could occur leading up to gun ban. Anyway it can happen at anytime once congress ratifies UN gun ban treaty. The Law Enforcement poster presented it as a forgone conclusion - and note it seems that Obama will go into second term. Also the poster is confident of compliance due to NDAA.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Australia's disarment indeed - note the spate of drive-by shootings lately in Sydney metropolitan area.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

Dying for this "right" might be a reality very soon...but it might also mean dying for a lost cause. It will be LAW and gun holders will be breaking the LAW...there is no turning back once gun ban treaty is signed.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

This has got to be stopped for good.

American's need to have a chance to defend the second amendment - it needs to be done now though - not when the deed is done. If this guy does represent Law Enforcement then he's doing us a favor tipping us off now. The Dept of Law Enforcement need to be contacted and informed about this poster and the validity of their status as to reperesenting this govt department. I am not in the US - any volunteers?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Pffffft...

The only way the US could remove everyone's guns is by pure force.

It would create a civil war worse than the one we already had, which was one of the bloodiest civil wars in history. They will never remove America's guns.
They cannot without ripping America apart and killing over half of the population.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I do not think the comments are from an actual Government Agency. I think it is more of a case of an individual trying to warn people or make them think. The only "Department of Law Enforcement" I was able to find was in Florida. Other than that they are typically named Law Enforcement Division, Law Enforcement Agency or Law Enforcement Services and a majority typically fall under the State's Department of Justice.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I do not think the comments are from an actual Government Agency. I think it is more of a case of an individual trying to warn people or make them think.

Yes that idea dawned on me after I started thread. In my paranoia I just accepted it as official site...dumb!

Well the motives are debatable. The poster has sought out some videos which have not been viewed in years. Is the poster trying to intimidate the channel owners as is possible in this case suggests (Comment on page 1) quite an insensitive comment in light of video content.

www.youtube.com...://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNHXVlqO2gQ

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MyXlog

So be it. Doesn't change my stance on the matter. I do not hunt. I do not have machine guns. I have serious weapons training. I am well educated in firearms for safety purposes. I do not carry my weapon outside my home. It remains in my home to preserve and protect my home. My weapon is always stored and secured safely.

I am not a gun nut and I don't wield my weapon and claim it to be my first and only measure of defense but it is still my right to bare.

"Over My Dead Body" is how it will go and from "My Cold Dead Hands". Nothing to debate on that. It's the only way it will happen.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I can only see the attempted dis-arming of Americans go one way. Slow and very bloody. First, they would have to pass the law to do it, eviscerating the 2nd Amendment. Then they would need all of the military, national guard and police going door to door collecting guns. Yes, SOME would hand them over without a fight, but I bet it wouldn't be a lot. There are many who actually mean it when they say "You'll pry it from my cold dead hand". Unless and until The People feel they don't need guns, the government has no chance of getting them peacefully.

top topics

join