It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government and Artificial Intelligence Fake Human Generators and Autism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hello all,

Not long ago there was a video posted on ATS, it was purported to be two computers that had artificial intelligence talking to each other. The big joke was that one asked the other if there was a god or something along those lines. The conversation between the two became comical and many people found it amusing, I want to ask a couple of questions.

Does anyone really believe that the technology that is open to the public is advanced as we have? If not then wouldn't it make sense that there was artificial intelligence that could have a conversation with you and you wouldn't know it was artificial? If you look at the history of the internet you have things such as Ask.com and other sites that attempt to figure out what answer will "help" you based on algorithms. The algorithms are created by looking at the billions and billions of questions and answers that are asked and answered on the internet.

Next question, why would someone create an artificial intelligence just to have conversations with us? I would assume that you would only create such a thing to data mine, to understand what people think and to lead them to believe what the creator of the artificial intelligence wanted people to think. How would you confuse such a thing or would you want it to understand how to manipulate you? The vast majority of people live by knee jerk reactions and are fairly predictable, they like their grass and don't like to have to move much, that is why God called us sheep. If you are primarily concerned with comfort or pleasure and someone tells you that you are a sheeple, we know the reaction we will get, you will get upset, angry and try and prove you are not through violence. If you don't think so just read ATS for a few months.

Who would be able to avoid be properly profiled and manipulated? That would be the autistic because no two are the same and we are incapable of fitting a profile. I read an article today that said that they can now determine if a fetus is going to grow up to be autistic. If you knew your child was going to be autistic, would you abort it? I love my autism, I love being me, we are not a disease we are merely outliers seeing the world in our own way. Someone told me that I didn't understand autism because there are some of us with low IQs that harm ourselves, guess what, there are blind people with low IQs that harm themselves. Autism is no different than color blindness, it effects people of all IQs; but, it isn't what makes you color blind.

Why try and determine which fetuses may grow to be autistic children if you don't want to give people the "choice" to abort us? Why choose to use artificial intelligence to manipulate us, if you want free will and informed consent? If you could genetically test a fetus for homosexuality, many say it is not a choice, would you abort your baby, kill it, if you thought it would grow up gay? I would not, I believe is variety even if I believe there is a better way than homosexuality (be careful if you choose to pick this as your issue, I have many gay friends, focus on what I am talking about).

Okay, now here is the final question. If we kill every fetus that is not "normal" or average then guess what, the artificial intelligence is easy to write that can predict you perfectly. Outliers exist to ensure the continuation of the species, that is pure Evolutionism and I am Christian that believes that God created everything (no, I don't believe the earth is only 6,000 years old, I believe God uses nature, heck, I believe he created nature and again, not the issue).

Just some thoughts to consider, something to amuse those awake late at night. Peace.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
That video you are talking about were just bots that relied on predetermined responses by algorithms. It's not really AI at all. See cleverbot......

cleverbot.com...

thats all they were

If you talked to them long enough they would fall apart because the pattern would seem un- human and predictable. You can't really create the imagination (with the technologies we know of).
edit on 1/28/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Dear mnmcandiez,

I know what the video was, I asked if people thought that it was the best that is available and if it is not, what are we capable of that is not public information? How far have we gotten, not what do people think we have. Peace.

Oh yeah, thanks for the link.
edit on 28-1-2012 by AQuestion because: thanks

edit on 28-1-2012 by AQuestion because: spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

cleverbot.com...

Im sorry I dont have a link to back up this next statement, but im sure if you searched online you would find that for quite sometime now there have existed pretty extraordinary supercomputers,, most likely military secrets. imagine the computers used by CIA and such to track people, phones, computers, connected to cameras....oh brother..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Dear ImaFungi,

Yes, mnmcandiez provided me with the link. I agree and ask, what more does the intelligence community have, how much can others predetermine what we might do and the percentages. Peace.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

how much can we determine what we might do? as in guess probabilities of action? we have the will to do anything so it is the motivations behind what we wish to accomplish that drives us to accomplish what we wish to do.,., the possibilities of human accomplishment are endless ( any sci fi, can become sci fact) the universe exists, it is our muse, we learn all we know from it and ourselves,, it can do anything, we can do anything.,

top topics

join