It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Youth Failed Ron Paul and the Fake "Masses" of Support

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
i remember when i was in college and i had to move my car or else i would get a parking ticket. well i ended up with more than 100 parking tickets. it's the same mentality with young voters, they know they should get their asses up and go vote for ron paul but they just don't. that's the sad reality of this whole situation...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Respectfully, and in my humble opinion,
I don't think Dr. Paul has as many fans as we'd like to believe.
Although I do hear and see more and more people talking about him.
It seems his admiration is growing, by the day.
The numbers just aren't where they should be.
But I am starting to see more support where I would've never before...
Which is great.

The youth today are just like the youth of yesteryear but getting worse.
No so much apathetic, but more like distracted.
Too many things to worry about, rather than politics.
It just doesn't have the same appeal.

It's ashame, and I hope the tides change, but I don't see it happening.
Maybe for a few, or the select crowd here on ATS, but that is a miniscule percentage.

Either way, I see the television/media as a larger influence on youth today than before.
In my opinion, that is what influenced the masses in 2008, unfortunately.
Rather than use their own research and intelligence, people want the easy selection.
Especially when they are taught from an early age, about a "dream" that was never there.
The easy life...

Let's hope they snap out of it...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I guess you need a picture.

or you can keep convincing yourself thinking everyones votes count like a WWE wrestling analyst try to convince you they are really hurting themselves. Sorry but not knowing is sad, but not knowing that you dont know is tragic.

The OP is tragic in other words.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
I guess you need a picture.

While I enjoy your thinly veiled condescending tone your previous post spoke nothing except...its the Jews! So yes, I asked for you to explain, expand and actually make a point.

or you can keep convincing yourself thinking everyones votes count

What does your video have to do with my OP?! Since my post was about an over-inflated support base and a lazy youth...but those must be a product of the Jews too; at least that is my guess according to your world view.

Sorry but not knowing is sad, but not knowing that you dont know is tragic.

The OP is tragic in other words.

Ah okay. You are correct. I must ascribe to your world view because of a 1:24 video that was created for one reason (and it wasn't to educate) so that I can no longer be tragic.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Probably the same reason that any "older" generation complains about their successors while not understanding that their successors are their responsibility/fruit.
Nothing new here... same old crap, different number on the year.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Am I missing something? This thread is ridiculous.

The statistics are clear from every state that has voted in the primaries so far.
1 - Ron Paul gets ~50% of the vote under 30
2 - More people are coming out to vote than 4 years ago in every state
3 - Ron Paul has multiple times more votes than 4 years ago in every state

So what are you talking about? This isn't a failure of youth coming out to vote. Ron Paul is clearly energizing a new generation of voters. This is a generation divide. The lines are clear. I am surprised so many in this thread can't see that.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Eddy_Jordan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Actually, the masses are there at the rallies, I was there, they had a parade in florida for him too ,I could go on and on but this post speaks for itself to any "awake human"

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
A vote for Gingrich or Santorum is a wasted vote! Here's why....

The MSM is using Internet polls for the sheep...just like the man behind the curtain in the wizard of oz! No matter what the media wants you to believe, it’s already a two-man race. Of the 2286 total Republican delegates, 1144 are needed to win the nomination. In five states: Virginia, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee and Illinois - Gingrich and Santorum are not even on the ballot. That’s 564 delegates that they cannot get. After South Carolina, only 59 delegates have been allocated to the four candidates. Mitt Romney has 39 of those. This means Santorum or Gingrich has to pick up 1144 delegates from the remaining 1683.

Dr. Paul is on the ballot in every state so let’s say that Dr. Paul only picks up 20% of the total number of delegates – I happen to believe he will do much better – but let’s pick 20%. That’s 457 delegates for Dr. Paul. Add that to the 564 that Newt and Santorum won’t have a shot at and now there are 1021 delegates that Santorum and Gingrich have no chance of getting. Subtract that 1021 from the total 2286 and you’re left with 1265 delegates. That means that Gingrich and Santorum, one or the other, must pick up over 90% of the available delegates to get the nomination. So, essentially, we’re down to Dr. Paul and Romney.

A vote for Gingrich and Santorum is a wasted vote! A vote for Ron Paul is not a wasted vote and may well mean that the next President of the United States will be a man that, for the last 30 years, has never broken a promise, compromised his principles or waffled his position on an issue. A man that still believes that the Constitution of the United States is THE law of the land and that the protection of our individual liberties is the primary reason for the Federal Government. Dr. Paul does not need to win FL. He only needs to win the caucus states, which overwhelmingly support him.

As much as the media would like us to believe, this race is not over.

RON PAUL 2012!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join