It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human evolution what to do to make us greater species?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If you could control human evolution to make us a greater species, what changes would you make? Obviously we could be cleverer, but emotionally what are are worst traits what would make us a greater people?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
No backstabbing, no hypocrisy, no greed, no jealousy and other things along these lines!

Not a lot to ask for is it???

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The next and natural step of the progression cycle...

Augmented Technological Evolution. We have outmoded natural evolution. The next step is solidifying and blurring the line in the symbiosis of man and machine. The funny question is...'Wait, is it natural?'

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I would find and eliminate the gene that makes us "self destructive." Then, I would lengthen the human life span, to at least 300 years.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
being able to read eachothers minds will be the next step

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I do get the feeling that for an intelligent species we are somewhat of an underachiever. Humanity could be so more! We could raise the intelligence quite easily by inventing ways of making the environment more enriching: as we alter the environment we live in and then it creates us, forces us to adapt and evolve certain ways. With the right changes worldwide we could become more able gifted people, if only the whole human race could aspire more.We could be more powerful, in so many ways. However the ancient Greeks were so fit that there rowers had cardiorespitory systems of olympic athletes. However in th earliest part of the ancient Greeks children with birth defects were left on rocks to die. They were educated, : at this time: altogether like a boarding school, mostly to fight with poor literacy at this period contrasting with the highly educated later Geeks. It could be said that there great feats were only balanced by their cruelty.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I would find and eliminate the gene that makes us "self destructive." Then, I would lengthen the human life span, to at least 300 years.

To lenghten our lifespan to about 300 years would be self-destructive.

If I could change mankind I would make us more humble and respectful for our environment and enhance our skill to comprehend causal contexts.
edit on 27-1-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
We could be smaller so as to be more efficient, putting less strain on the environment. Perhaps a body not evolved to avoid starvation could help us achieve this: so as not be drawn to overeat. Driven to compete in different ways: not based on how wealthy someone is, or how much they spend( resources they use up).

new topics

top topics

join