It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any illustrator/photoshop gurus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hello Ats,

I've been wondering for a while now and have gone and got Photoshop and Illustrator to mimic the curious works in this video. But have had no luck in transforming the image into the pentagon shape.. If anyone would be so kind if you have the know how, please let me know! The findings are quite remarkable on video but would look so much nicer closeup. Thanks in advance!

Images by DaVinci, The Last Supper & Mona Lisa, shaped into pentagon, mirrored and overlaid.

Omega

edit on 27-1-2012 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I'm not sure I'm understanding the question correctly but if you want to turn a rectangular image into different shapes such as a pentagon you could try looking at

Edit | Transform | Distort
and
Edit | Transform | Warp

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaSynthesis

I don't understand why you want to do this. The video you showed has no significance. You could to the same thing with ANY photo to create a fractal effect.

Just create duplicate layer, then select whatever half of the duplicate layer you want to delete, and delete. The remaining part of the layer that you didn't delete, do transform, then flip horizontal, or vertical, or whichever way you want.
You now have a mirrored image.
Right-click on the layer you just flipped and choose Merge Down.
To mirror the mirror repeat the process.

You can create similar effects by selecting quarters, 16ths, or whatever minute radial section you want to copy over and over, by copying such selection over and over, and using Transform Rotate.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Thanks for your reply! I already know how to do what you've explained, its mirroring the image. The video is just an example of how the last supper can be distorted from it's original rectangular image into a 5 sided polygon to uncover mathematical secrets in the art.

What I'm trying to do is transform a rectangle image into a pentagon, where all sides stretch into a new image consisting of 5 sides.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by morkington

Hey, yeah tried those many a time, very frustrating, still cannot find a way around to getting it. If you manage to do it let me know! Here's another example. The pyramid can be seen clearly if the image is mirrored first then plotted onto a pentagon.

edit on 27-1-2012 by OmegaSynthesis because: Added another example

top topics

join