It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise Asteroid Fly-by

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I've seen on links provided and from others that aren't that it will be visible at 9:30am ct (my time) by amateur astronomers but I'm having trouble finding info on whether or not it will be visible at night. Any help? Thanks to op for posting this.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The end is near.
YES!!!!!, Make sure to buy my Jager tomorrow...

Doom Da Doom Da Doom.....

edit on 27-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

If the technology doesn't exist to spot the really small ones (this one being the size of a bus) how come NORAD can track every piece of space debris out there larger than 10 centimeters?

NORAD can track extremely small objects that have known orbits, and are also extremely close to Earth (just a few hundred kms above the surface). That is completely different to detecting unknown objects approaching from deep space.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Thanks to the OP for posting this. I just caught the end of this on the news and didn't know what they were on about. We're not getting much notice are we? Either this is deliberate or they truly didn't know themselves. Both are scary.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget That is completely different to detecting unknown objects approaching from deep space.

Ah so if Nibiru sneaks up on us from the south NASA and NORAD won't see it?

Oh well no worries. We always have Apophis to look forward to...

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Believe me when I say we will still have doomsday scenarios in 2013 and beyond. Think ahead ATS.

I get DIBBS on Apophis !!!!!! 2029....

I wonder if it will take out ISS first?

I mentioned that one in 2006... the size of a stadium... it will get so close it will change its path... if it doesn't hit us

posted on 7-10-2006
Asteroid size of the Rose Bowl...

You heard it here first.... Now we have an official doomsday incase we survive 2012...

This one will take us out in 2036...
Maybe THIS is Nibiru and they got the dates wrong?

It will make a near Earth pass in 2029 first, close enough to see the dimples....

www.pbs.org...

Nasa plans to drop a transmitter on to it so we know were its going...

Here is the path... I wonder how many satellites it will knock out of orbit

edit on 27-1-2012 by zorgon because: Mongering some advanced fear

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

So now tell me if all of the money spent is actually worth while? NOPE. Just imagine the warning if it was earth directed. They are wasting billions on nothing more than self profit.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012

Anyone care to comment on this or give some idea if it will be visible to the naked eye

Can you see a bus 60.000km away ...?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Last night whilst wondering in and out of my shed I saw on two separate occasions shooting stars (stuff getting burned up). This is rather odd as I have only seen one other during my 40 odd years on the planet, but it was very clear last night. I wonder if this is a collection of rocks - or maybe just a coincidence? Hey, I did get two wishes though

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Originally posted by alchemist2012

Anyone care to comment on this or give some idea if it will be visible to the naked eye

Can you see a bus 60.000km away ...?

I think closest is 3.30pm GMT and apparently it will briefly flare up. So amateur astronomers may get a view though not with the naked eye.
www.space.com...
edit on 27-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

yeah it's a small one...and still pretty far out there. I agree.
Maybe the noises we have all been hearing - like the trumpet sounds are just it's horn as a friendly hello...look out...as it goes by.

Just a theory.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

While we're at it, let's talk about the one that missed us yesterday, and the one that missed us a day before yesterday, and the one before that, and the one that is coming up next....
Somebody has to.

spaceweather.com...

(scroll down)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 98yekiM

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=dodgerblue]Its extremely close in cosmic terms......

but will still pass at a distance of 59,839.2 kilometers.

Do you think, they have some sort of gravitational pull ??
59,839.2 kilometers is far away, but still close at the same time to potentially cause a disruption...

Plus we are having an X-flare solar thing today.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Ah so if Nibiru sneaks up on us from the south NASA and NORAD won't see it?

Nibiru (or anything else of appreciable size) can't "sneak up" on us from anywhere. The south celestial pole can be observed from the entire southern hemisphere of Earth, so it would be seen long before it got anywhere near the inner Solar System.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
Nibiru (or anything else of appreciable size) can't "sneak up" on us from anywhere. The south celestial pole can be observed from the entire southern hemisphere of Earth, so it would be seen long before it got anywhere near the inner Solar System.

Of COURSE it can... it has Annunaki cloaking technology... don't you know anything?

Sheesh

top topics

<< 1   >>

join