It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Humble .22 Long Rifle

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I agree that a .22 long rifle bullet isn't as efficient as a larger caliber but in heavily vegetated areas where it is common to have deer come within a few feet of you making a head shot easy a .22LR hollow point is deadly... I have never used a 22 to shoot a deer but if it was a survival situation where harvesting meat for the table without inviting unwanted guest showing up to help themselves to my food I know that I could do so with a .22... If it wasn't possible to line up a clean kill shot I wouldn't squeeze the trigger on any animal regardless of what caliber firearm I was using.... I don't allow anyone to hunt on my land anymore because of the number of wounded deer that were wounded and not tracked to become meals for wild hogs, coyotes and buzzards.....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Impress girls when they are shooting their 9mms. Use shotshell in a derringer to knock all the bottles off the fence in one shot. They thought I was magic. I told them size does not matter.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Link to story

T.J. Lane, 17, admitted taking a .22-caliber pistol and a knife to Chardon High and firing 10 shots at a group of students sitting at a cafeteria table Monday morning, Prosecutor David Joyce said. He said Lane didn't know the victims.

If anyone doubt's the lethality of a .22, this 17 year old has killed 3 of his fellow student's with a .22 pistol. That is 3 of the 5 people he shot. It is more than capable, I just wish an example like this was not available. What a shame.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The 22 is a great hunting rifle and is a must have for any survivalist. With a few hundred dollars you could buy years of Ammo and live anywhere where game may roam. The likeliness of a head for the hills scenario is rising this is a good investment. If you are planning to battle the forces of evil use a rifle that takes a larger round such as 8mm or 7.62.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join