It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 7 student link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Okay, I'm on Microsoft website looking to get the Windows 7 ultimate for student but I can't find it. Would anybody be so kind to help please. I also need Microsoft word 2010. I'm only seeing ads not a link to buy the thing or add my school email to find the link.

Clueless.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

You could check with your bookstore, ours has big discounts on microsoft products.

As far as office 2010, www.microsoft.com... It's quite affordable, well, compared to the normal price.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I found this:

Windows 7 with Student discount

EDIT:

And this:

Microsoft Word 2010
edit on 26-1-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here is the link to the student store

www.microsoftstore.com...

If you are looking for something specific talk to your school and have them order it though.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
They don't have windows 7 ultimate?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Do you really need the ultimate edition?

What feature of windows 7 ultimate do you want thats not on the professional edition?

edit on 26-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

That's what I got is windows 7 ultimate

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
you could always try openoffice as it can open microsoft office formats and the such, I just downloaded it after i install win7 on this pc.
edit on 1/26/2012 by eXia7 because: simple spelling error

it's free

edit on 1/26/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
No, I'm buying office 2010, I have office 2007 now.Won't be able to buy it until late tonight or tomorrow.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

So are you looking to just buy a new key for your existing windows so you can make it into a legit copy?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

So are you looking to just buy a new key for your existing windows so you can make it into a legit copy?

Yeah, that too, but what if ever need to re-install it? Figured I would buy the product as a whole.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think you have a few options

- You could buy the professional version advertised and do a clean install.

- You could try talking to your school to see if they can get you a student discount on a Win 7 ultimate.

- Speak to the windows sales and support. They deal with situations like this all the time.

Heres some more info on what to do if you get an invalid version of windows

edit on 26-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

edit on 26-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: nvm

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's not what you are looking for but is a good link to free software from MS. If you have a legit .edu address you can get some good stuff.
Dreamspark

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I bought the professional windows 7 and office student versions, I'm done with the aggravations.

edit on 27-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
well I can't downgrade to professional 7, so I have to buy a new key. This will saves on the trouble. Hopefully.

Lol, so now I have to wait 3-7 days for a refund, then buy the key after I get refunded.

I always make things so difficult.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yes you cant do an "inplace-upgrade" to a lower version of windows than you already have. So if you choose 'upgrade' during the windows install it will throw an error.

But you can install windows 7 professional if you want to.

You can do a clean install with a lower version but this would wipe all your windows settings and your installed programs. To do this choose you would have to delete the existing partitions on the hard drive during the install. Then when you have deleted the partitions choose 'custom install' and then just proceed with the windows install.

You could use Windows Easy Transfer to save your settings on a spare drive , usb key or dvd and then do a clean install with windows 7 professional and then transfer the setting to the new version. But this method would not transfer any of your installed programs.

Buying a new key for the existing Ultimate version you already have is a good option if you want to keep all your installed programs and windows setting exactly as they are.

edit on 27-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Yeah, I figured that would be less of a headache, but what if it gives me the same problem and same message, 3 months later or month after I activate it. Then what, have to go buy another key?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I dont think that will happen. Most of the time when people sell computers with pirated copies of windows on them they run some sort of 'loader' program that fools they system into thinking its been activated with a legitimate key. Eventually usually after an update the system realizes whats going on and then contacts Microsoft and checks to see if the key is valid. Thats when you get the 'not genuine' message. and the desktop goes black.

So its the key that is invalid not your present version of Windows. Once the new key is inserted and that version of windows has been registered with Microsoft (you have to do that within 30 days) you should be good to go. If not just contact Microsoft help and support and explain to them what happened.

If i was you i would contact them anyway and have a chat about the whole process just to set your mind at ease. They wont have a go at you about the fact you have been running a pirated version of Windows, they deal with that every day

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Yeah, I told them, that i just bought the computer and after I had it for a month it's been giving me these problems and that's why I was going to downgrade to pro 7 , then I saw the key price , realized that's how much I spent anyway getting refunded with two different version of wins 7 pro 32bit, 64 bit. and I told them, I'm just going to go that route so I don't lose any of my stuff. Told them when refunds hit,"I'll be back".

I'm going to see if the guy at least gives me some kind of partial refund, like 85.60, That's half of what I'm paying and I think that's fair. He said he sent me two copies but amazingly they keep getting lost in the mail.

The computer gaming machine never got lost in the mail.

top topics

join