It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt or Mitt who would you vote for if it came down to those two for the nomination?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
none. so i can sleep with a good conscious knowing i'm not responsible for the blood bath they'll bring to the middle east.

edit on 26-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing --burke

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoonra

I saw a bumpersticker: I'd rather have Obama break his promises than have the Republicans keep theirs.

What's the difference?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

You're welcome. When I first read your opening statement I thought to myself this will be a good thread to take the temperature of where people stand between the two of them. I have often wondered this myself. I had no idea that the Paul fans would work so hard to wreck your thread. I find it disgraceful of them. If they were not going to vote for either one it is as simple as not posting and moving on to one of their pro-Paul threads there are hundreds of them. God forbid you go on there and say you like new or Romney they will be on you like flies on #.

There are seven or eight pages here mostly of people being #s about the idea that their candidate may not be the one which in reality is the case. I vote here on Tuesday and for a while I was considering Paul but there are many things I disagree with that he stands for and then you have the Paulites. I was already on the fence leaning slightly towards Ron Paul but his statements about World War II abandoning our bases across the world and his ideas on regulations and hundred percent free market are too far fetched. As a veteran I thought about how many soldiers there are across the world in our service and what would happen if brought them all home. I know what would happen they would have to be discharged, honorably of course. He would downsize the military there is no other answer.

You cannot use the federal military to secure our borders it would be unconstitutional. I do not know what else he means when he says bring the troops home and use those resources to secure our borders.

I have no doubt he has good intentions and that he is a good man but what we need is a good leader and that he is not. I believe he has only passed one bill in his entire career in need somebody that knows how to work with Congress and get things passed.

What a lot of people do not understand is that is what it takes to run a country. People actually think that the person was the best ideas is the one that is best qualified to be president are delusional. If I had control of the country I could solve the problems many people could but what it takes the somebody who knows how to make the system work. Ron Paul has not shown that people in Congress or the Senate will work with him. Right now we have a president that only part of the system will work with and it is a disaster already.

If Ron Paul were to become president the system would grind to a halt. That is reality. They would metaphorically cut off their nose to spite their face so that he would look like the worst president ever.

To top it all off you have the Paulites that make you not want to be a part of their group. The company you keep as some would say. Well all you have to do is look and see how they have conducted themselves on this thread alone and you can see why people like myself and others cannot be a part of that group.

Another thing that I have noticed is there has been overwhelming amounts of foreigners pushing the Paul agenda on here and that disturbs me. I feel that you are not from this country or at least living in it you have no business trying to tell us how to vote. They did that last time and look where it got us. Maybe that is unfair analogy because I still cannot stand Sarah Palin but I liked McCain I was just afraid he was to old and would have died then she would have become president.

Anyway that is my rant. I just watched the debates I did not think Newt did very good but I will still be voting for him on Tuesday I just do not like Romney at all.

The score now is

11 votes NEWT
8 votes MITT
edit on 27-1-2012 by Grimpachi because: spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Well I am not a republican nor a democrat, but if I had to choose between Newt Gingrich or Mitt Romney, I would choose...Ready for this? NOBODY, if Newt or Mitt win the ticket then Obama will be president again. They are both scum bags with little common sense or morals. Newt definitely wins over Mitt in the sense that he is not a condescending jerk but that does not negate that there is far too much negative propaganda spread about the two. But I guess I wouldn't say that it is really negative being that it is simply the truth. People are still under the illusion that we live in a democracy, Obama plays off the lie that he supports those ideals quite well when it comes to unintelligent masses of people. I may be a Ron Paul supporter but I have an open mind and my bias does not stem deeper than my common sense. I would simply retract myself from the political system in the case of Mitt or Newt gaining the media's cherished seat as ultimate opposition. Popular vote does not matter, just remember George W Jr, an illegitimate illegal occupant of our white house.

Oh yeah, for the sake of this thread..disregard my avatar over there

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

The POTUS with the Support of a Congressional Act , Can Use Military Troops to Defend America's Boarders ...

The Posse Comitatus Act

The Posse Comitatus Act and subsequent legislation specifically prohibit the use of the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines to enforce the domestic laws of the United States except when expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. Since it enforces maritime safety, environmental and trade laws, the Coast Guard is exempt from the Posse Comitatus Act.

While Posse Comitatus does not specifically apply to the actions of the National Guard, National Guard regulations stipulate that its troops, unless authorized by Congress, are not to take part in typical law enforcement actions including arrests, searches of suspects or the public, or evidence handling.

What the National Guard will do on the Border

Operating within the limitations of the Posse Comitatus Act, and as acknowledged by the Obama administration, National Guard troops deployed to the Mexican Border States will, as directed by the states' governors, support the Border Patrol and state and local law enforcement agencies by providing surveillance, intelligence gathering and reconnaissance support. In addition, the troops will assist with "counternarcotics enforcement" duties until additional Border Patrol agents are trained and in place. The Guard troops may also assist in the construction of roads, fences, surveillance towers and vehicle barriers necessary to prevent illegal border crossings.

Under the Defense Authorization Act for FY2007 (H.R. 5122), the Secretary of Defense, upon a request from the Secretary of Homeland Security, can also assist in preventing terrorists, drug traffickers, and illegal aliens from entering the United States.

Posse Comitatus: Where Congress Stands

On Oct. 25, 2005, the House of Representatives and Senate enacted a joint resolution (H. CON. RES. 274) clarifying Congress' stance on the effect of the Posse Comitatus Act on the use of the military on U.S. soil. In part, the resolution states "by its express terms, the Posse Comitatus Act is not a complete barrier to the use of the Armed Forces for a range of domestic purposes, including law enforcement functions, when the use of the Armed Forces is authorized by Act of Congress or the President determines that the use of the Armed Forces is required to fulfill the President's obligations under the Constitution to respond promptly in time of war, insurrection, or other serious emergency."

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Posting before reading the rest of the replies. If it was only one of them, I would vote for Newt. I will not, under any circumstances, vote for Mitt! Don't trust him, don't like him. That said, would prefer Santorum, but Newt would be alright, too. He has a lot of strengths, and many qualities and opinions I really like. yeah, a few mistakes, but he's stated he made some, and that he's sought forgiveness, and tried to make amends. I can live with a person that admits failings, and doesn't pretend to be perfect.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by listeningintently2728
Well I am not a republican nor a democrat, but if I had to choose between Newt Gingrich or Mitt Romney, I would choose...Ready for this? NOBODY, if Newt or Mitt win the ticket then Obama will be president again. They are both scum bags with little common sense or morals. Newt definitely wins over Mitt in the sense that he is not a condescending jerk but that does not negate that there is far too much negative propaganda spread about the two. But I guess I wouldn't say that it is really negative being that it is simply the truth. People are still under the illusion that we live in a democracy, Obama plays off the lie that he supports those ideals quite well when it comes to unintelligent masses of people. I may be a Ron Paul supporter but I have an open mind and my bias does not stem deeper than my common sense. I would simply retract myself from the political system in the case of Mitt or Newt gaining the media's cherished seat as ultimate opposition. Popular vote does not matter, just remember George W Jr, an illegitimate illegal occupant of our white house.

Oh yeah, for the sake of this thread..disregard my avatar over there

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

NEITHER. EVER. THEY ARE SCUM.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

ANARCHY

edit on 27-1-2012 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Besides the fact that you are way off topic I want to bring to your attention that you should look up and see how many soldiers are stationed overseas at this time then think about what you would have been doing when they come back. I served in the military for many years and even went through the Clinton years when they downsize the military. Even at that time they did not have enough on-base housing. And yes you can use National Guard troops but when you go to the federal it is a whole different thing.

There is no need to try to sway me I have already made up my mind and will be voting on Tuesday.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

You do not trust Mitt , but you do trust Gingrich ? Before you do that , I think you should do a little more research into this guy you think that you can trust ....... You just might Change your Mind...........

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
President Romney

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Neither, I'd sooner shove my hand in a blender and turn it on before voting for either.
edit on 27-1-2012 by djzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I was just mentioning that the POTUS can use the Military in support of the Boarder Patrol , and in some cases the Military could replace the Boarder Patrol by an act of Congress and an Authorization by the President . It was Not Off Topic , and I could care less who you Vote for Mister........

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
if my only options are repubes or dems. you can count me out. just like they are doing to me in unemployment. i am not counted there either. frig it.

also i would like to ask. how can anyone take newt serious? you all do know he was behind all the problems the economy is suffering? him and bob dole where legendary at screwing over america. it just seems awful fishy how no one is buying into mitt so BAM--they pop in newt on ya and the msm is eating him up. he is a big fat liar! look at his past not the present lies!
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: add

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

i believe he also had a transistor accidentally fall off his head also. mitt is a huge tptb robot. it is extremely obvious.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

You do not trust Mitt , but you do trust Gingrich ? Before you do that , I think you should do a little more research into this guy you think that you can trust ....... You just might Change your Mind...........

www.youtube.com...

I don't trust Romney because he changes his position with the prevailing political winds. He even changed his book to hide things he said before. He is a chameleon, and might not even know himself who he really is. Plus, anyone the MSM pushes that hard, i do NOT want. Anyone the left states they want, I do not want. Common sense there.

I have done tons of research, looked into ALL of them. Familiar with Newt, anyway. Not exactly a new or young voter here. Do I think he's perfect? Not even close, and he's done a few things I don't like. That is why I said, really, I would prefer Santorum. Him, I trust, as much as we can trust a politician. However, the thread is about Newt vs. Mitt. So, between those, I still say Newt. If they are the options by the time we can choose, there is no contest. Not anything likely to change my mind there, either.

What do I like? he's smart, he's tough, and he's got class in dealing with situations. Not referring to personal things, but to job related areas. I also LOVE the way he speaks the truth about the terrorist issues. Virtually no one else has been quite as vocal there.

All that said, the person (or people) I really want isn't running. Have a couple of choices I would choose over ANY of those in the running now.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Neither they are both on the same grand stage of habitual liars. If it came down to that though. I wouldn't vote period. It's either Paul or bust...
edit on 27-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

I was just mentioning that the POTUS can use the Military in support of the Boarder Patrol , and in some cases the Military could replace the Boarder Patrol by an act of Congress and an Authorization by the President . It was Not Off Topic , and I could care less who you Vote for Mister........

Well it is nice to see you care little or you would have said you couldn't care less
BTW who did you say you would vote for between the two.
Just so we can stay on topic.

I think most people know with an act of Congress you can do just about anything with the military but I'm glad you pointed that out.

edit on 27-1-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I am really thinking of emigrating if these fudgemonkees are my choises I try my luck elsewhere.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join