It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt or Mitt who would you vote for if it came down to those two for the nomination?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This is solely for republicans not supporting Ron Paul and for those not voting for Obama. Personally I am voting for Newt. Newt is a smart man (although far from perfect) I do not think the republicans are expecting any body as "Perfect" as Obama was made out to be from the MSM in 2007 and 2008. Newt will turn the economy around--as he had already. He will create jobs as he did under two Presidents. He is against SOPA and wants the space program back!

So, I would like to know which portion of the ATS actually has any practical sense to vote Newt or Mitt in, since they can win and one of them will be the nominee

There is so many slandering posts of each candidate in the race, so I say, put all that aside for a minute and think about the positive aspects of the two candidates who will be up for the nomination!

Again this post is not for Ron Paul supporters. I want to hear from supporters of both Mitt and Newt. NOT RON PAUL.. I hope the mods keep a close eye on this post!

edit on 26-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I would pick Newt over Romney. I've always kind of liked him since the mid 90s. I feel he's really intelligent, but his personality is horrific. Can't like everything about everyone though.

Plus all the attacks from all sides on him, with his where-withall to handle them and keep moving bolsters my respect for him a bit.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Romney for his gorgeous head of hair.... Wish I had it

Other than that, it's basically voting Obama
edit on 26-1-2012 by IFeelForty because: (no reason given)

+81 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ron Paul!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Newt's been jumping anything in a skirt two at a time since the 60s. He has no sense of shame and is a borderline sociopath.

Santorum almost appears normal, now that he's cut his luxuriously long white hair and dyed it brown. But we know he still serves Voldemort.

Mitt once accidentally took a sip of a caffeinated beverage.

I pick Mitt.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
if you give me just two choices i would vote for newt . i think he can debate obama well and stands a chance but, mitt will get owned.

link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

even more reason for me to vote for him... he get's chicks. Bill Clinton got and still get's chicks and he was considered one of the best presidents ever by some. I had no idea that someone's sexual life makes a difference on whether they can be president or not.

link   

Originally posted by Baldryck
I would pick Newt over Romney. I've always kind of liked him since the mid 90s. I feel he's really intelligent, but his personality is horrific. Can't like everything about everyone though.

Plus all the attacks from all sides on him, with his where-withall to handle them and keep moving bolsters my respect for him a bit.

They are politicians all of their personalities are bad in my opinion. Even Obama (egomaniac) and Ron Paul! I don't like any of them, but I agree with Newt more than Mitt. I used to support Mitt for a minute but he really does flip flop on a lot of issues. Newt has shown he can handle what Obama has up his sleeve with his Billion dollar campaign.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

even more reason for me to vote for him... he get's chicks. Bill Clinton got and still get's chicks and he was considered one of the best presidents ever by some. I had no idea that someone's sexual life makes a difference on whether they can be president or not.

So in that case Herman Cain would have won and beaten Obama!!!! How many women came after him??? lolz.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by karileigh
Ron Paul!!!!

You clearly cannot read the post can you?

link   
If it came down to Romney and Gingrich fighting for the Republican nomination, I would go with Gingrich for sure. Romney (in my eyes) is the dodgy flip-flopping epitome of a crooked politician, and I personally think he is the worst of the four republican candidates, and the only reason he is still in the race is because he bought huge media attention. I have no basis for that claim, just a hunch.

Though I feel obligated to say I am a strong Ron Paul supporter. I won't argue why I think he's the best choice because that isn't what this thread is for, I just thought I should share that.

Oh, and to the OP, please don't label me a fanatic just for having different political beliefs than yourself. It's quite disrespectful.
edit on 26-1-2012 by BagOfDrewshness because: Typo

+30 more 
link   
RON PAUL 2012!

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ron Paul over any of these clowns

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Ron Paul has my vote this time around.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BagOfDrewshness
If it came down to Romney and Gingrich fighting for the Republican nomination, I would go with Gingrich for sure. Romney (in my eyes) is the dodgy flip-flopping epitome of a crooked politician, and I personally think he is the worst of the four republican candidates, and the only reason he is still in the race is because he bought huge media attention. I have no basis for that claim, just a hunch.

Though I feel obligated to say I am a strong Ron Paul supporter. I won't argue why I think he's the best choice because that isn't what this thread is for, I just thought I should share that.

Oh, and to the OP, please don't label me a fanatic just for having different political beliefs than yourself. It's quite disrespectful.
edit on 26-1-2012 by BagOfDrewshness because: Typo

I am not labeling you as a fanatic, but if you take a look at this thread already, you can see people just don't read the post and they post Ron Paul 2012. without saying anything else or even answering my question. At least you answered the question which is great and no you are not a brainwashed Ron Paul fanatic, because some of those people won't even consider thinking about voting for anyone or anything else. So you are right in the fact that this post is not about Ron Paul so GTFO. And I was actually yelled at by a mod for saying this. So we'll see how long this post lasts.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ron Paul people are brainwashed? omfg lol

Look in the mirror often?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I see no Constitutional requirement for specific sexual behaviors. I do think it's fair game for consideration. If the guy can't uphold a vow made to those closest to him, what chance do the rest of us stand?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Once again, please read the OP. This thread is not about Ron Paul. Spread your love of Ron Paul elsewhere please. This thread is for supporters of Mitt or Newt, or others who actually want to answer the question at hand.

Thank you and have a nice day!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
This is solely for republicans who are not brainwashed by the Ron Paul fanatics and for those not voting for Obama. Personally I am voting for Newt. Newt is a smart man (although far from perfect) I do not think the republicans are expecting any body as "Perfect" as Obama was made out to be from the MSM in 2007 and 2008. Newt will turn the economy around--as he had already. He will create jobs as he did under two Presidents. He is against SOPA and wants the space program back!

The above belongs in the predictions thread with all the other non-sense in there...

Because the chances of "Newt" fixing the economy are the same as a giant red Dwarf planet crashing into earth.

Because the chances he will create "jobs" for anyone other than divorce lawyers, publicists and propagandists is about the same as anything in revelations may 21 October 28 or whatever...

So, I would like to know which portion of the ATS actually has any practical sense to vote Newt or Mitt in, since they can win and one of them will be the nominee

Paraphrase: "If you don't believe what I believe (because im awesome) you have no practical sense and I believe in Newt or Mitt!! What say you people who agree with me?" (ignores dissenting options)

There is so many slandering posts of each candidate in the race, so I say, put all that aside for a minute and think about the positive aspects of the two candidates who will be up for the nomination!

Paraphrase: "There is so much negative information about the candidates and if we just ignore/deny all of that information, it is much easier for me to make an argument for the two candidates who will be up for nomination!

Again this post is not for Ron Paul supporters. I want to hear from supporters of both Mitt and Newt. NOT RON PAUL.. I hope the mods keep a close eye on this post!

Paraphrase: Again, I do not want to discuss this in any meaningful manner with people of opposing views. I just want to hear with people who agree with me because that’s what I want. I hope I can solicit protection of my views from scrutiny by the ATS moderators!!

This thread is awesome, I wonder where this discussion will go
I mean there is just so much room for varying opinions...

edit on 26-1-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join