It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth sounds, a more technical explanation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Believe it or not but I only recently heard the news of these strange sounds being heard around the world, well actually I did see a few threads on this but never bothered viewing them.

Anyway randomly found the above video of sounds somewhere in Florida but whilst the video is interesting my greatest interest is in the flash of light seen at 7.40 in the video.

That lightning like flash indicates to me that extreme high voltage is associated with this phenomenon.

Now what we need to ask ourselves is that high voltage primary or secondary to the phenomena i.e. is the sound generating high voltage or is high voltage being used to generate sound?

I believe I know how that sound is created, basically an oscillating high tension electrostatic field is causing the ionosphere to physically oscillate producing sound.

The ionosphere is the upper layer of the atmosphere which consists of electrically charged ions hence ion-o-sphere. Ions are charged air molecules and thus can be moved by an external field (magnetic or electrostatic).

The sound people are hearing is coming from the upper atmosphere and is the result of fluctuating electrostatic field on charged air molecules i.e. the sound is secondary to the primary cause which is a fluctuating electrostatic field (if it was not fluctuating there would be no sound).

To give you better understanding watch the video below. A blowtorch flame like the ionosphere of our earth is made up of charged ions. When a fluctuating high voltage electrostatic field is exposed to the flame via the wire the charged ions in the flame pulsate in sync with the applied field. The result is sound.

The question that remains then is that sound people are hearing the result of technology or a natural phenomenon?

If it is natural then it indicates strange phenomena from our sun i.e. the sun is releasing bursts of charged particles which are causing our ionosphere to pulsate. That is it indicates a fluctuation in the suns output which intern indicates instability of our sun.

If it is a result of technology then the question would be is it ours (Earth based) or not ours (space based technology).

Have UFOs been seen whilst these sounds have been heard? If the answer is yes then there is a high possibility that information is encoded in the sound, like an audible crop circle meant to be analysed and decoded. There is the other possibility that the sound is simply designed to scare people i.e. a psychological tool.

If it is earth based then what is the goverment up to with trying to scare people like that?

edit on 25-1-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
But the suns particles bounce off the magnetosphere so in order for this to occur.....

There would have to be several new holes in our magnetosphere allowing the solar wind through. Think I posted this a couple times already on different threads but i see you haven't seen them yet.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wow, this is the best, most plausible explanation I have read to date on this phenomena.

Those are some good questions too.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

I personally went to the trouble of watching some vids and not really bothering to read many of the comments of everyone yet.

I probably won't unless I experience this myself.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Yeah there are many theories floating around ATS and in my head...and we still just don't know.

Its possible it is related to the ionosphere in some way.

Did we hear the sounds before they started using the LHC? If particles escaped ...would they make a sound?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No the charged particals from the sun do impact the earths upper atmosphere, what do you think ionises the upper atmosphere? Yes the magnetic field of the earth reduces this but will never completely block it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a very interesting theory...I will definitely keep this in mind if I'm lucky enough to hear them

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I am starting to get really freaked out by these noises now! I wonder what it is, part of me hopes its a government plot for one reason or another and the other part of me hopes its aliens trying to communicate with us... I just really, REALLY hope it is not anything to do with the sun or its magnetic poles moving, that would be end game for us

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
burnstheships raises an interesting notion though in another thread, if this were the case, we would have had several documented cases of this happening in any of the prior events. this literally manifested a couple weeks-months ago unless you can prove me wrong?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by benjamin2012
reply to post by LUXUS

I am starting to get really freaked out by these noises now! I wonder what it is, part of me hopes its a government plot for one reason or another and the other part of me hopes its aliens trying to communicate with us... I just really, REALLY hope it is not anything to do with the sun or its magnetic poles moving, that would be end game for us

Basically we need to monitor magnetic and electrostatic field fluctuations when this is occurring. Track down the source to see if it is earth bound or space bound.

Well I hope the sun don’t sneeze because when the sun sneezes it is with tongs of flame, which reminds me of that vision I had…yikes !

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
All I keep thinking after reading this is the government using a tesla like machine to tap some of the energy up there. Nothing to back that up but I kept hearing the noise and thinking the noise from outer space.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
burnstheships raises an interesting notion though in another thread, if this were the case, we would have had several documented cases of this happening in any of the prior events. this literally manifested a couple weeks-months ago unless you can prove me wrong?

Ok personally I believe the Sun follows cycles some of those cycles we are aware of however other longer cycles we are not simply because last time it occurred was probably around the time of the great flood.

Like I said and have shown it is also possible that technology is being used to generate those sounds. The flash in the video is more important then some might think. It is the key which revealed that high voltage is associated with these sounds.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

No the charged particals from the sun do impact the earths upper atmosphere, what do you think ionises the upper atmosphere? Yes the magnetic field of the earth reduces this but will never completely block it.

Yes thats what i was getting at. But if the magnetosphere is collapsing or has too may large holes. then it explains the volume of energy needed to produce sound as well as the animal dies offs....from unfiltered sunlight.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Originally posted by yourmaker

Ok personally I believe the Sun follows cycles some of those cycles we are aware of however other longer cycles we are not simply because last time it occurred was probably around the time of the great flood.

Like I said and have shown it is also possible that technology is being used to generate those sounds. The flash in the video is more important then some might think. It is the key which revealed that high voltage is associated with these sounds.

higher voltage = different pitch/tone than lightning/thunder?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
has there been an uptick in recorded sounds with the last batch of solar flares? (past couple of days?)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

lightning is caused from a gradual increase in charge until breakdown voltage is reached at which point the air conducts producing the flash and rumble ie steady build up and rapid breakdown.

This phenomenon is very different and is caused by rapid fluctuations in the field causing the ions in the upper atmosphere to sing. Lightning is different, the sound you hear is the pressure wave produced by the air molecules expanding around the high voltage discharge ie a result of heat

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomthoughts12
All I keep thinking after reading this is the government using a tesla like machine to tap some of the energy up there. Nothing to back that up but I kept hearing the noise and thinking the noise from outer space.

Yes you can modulate the output of a tesla coil so as to produce sound. Project the energy into the sky and the ionosphere will sing if enough energy is used!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Thanks for the video. Education to follow up my slightly uneducated thoughts.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I watched this compelation and some of the originals.
www.youtube.com...
It seems the sound is the same only in certain regions, like Florida and Alabama pulsejet The Ukranian groaning sound sounds less like it would be some sort of secret aircraft or alien craft. I suppose the recent solar activity could cause our atmosphere to make noise. I don't see technology working on natural features as a cause, but can't rule it out.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What the hell i heard this same kind of noise the other night in New Zealand (Kawau Island) I thought it was a helicopter but realized it couldn't be after about an hour of listening, also it was kinda lighten up over the horizon i listened for ages and it seemed to move, happened around 12am til around 1:20 am i got to tired and went to bed

top topics

<<   2 >>

join