It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest Made in Two New Jersey Synagogue Firebombings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Arrest Made in Two New Jersey Synagogue Firebombings

www.uninews.com

A suspect has been arrested in connection with at least two of the four recent firebombing attacks on synagogues in Bergen County, New Jersey, including the most recent incident on January 11th at Temple Beth El in Rutherford, in which a rabbi and his family were sleeping inside. Bail for the suspect, who faces charges of attempted murder, bias intimidation and arson, was set at five million dollars.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
In a country that was founded because people wanted the freedom to practice whatever religion they choose, the hatred for the Jewish people is disgusting.

This is just he most recent disgusting example of the bigotry and racism we see even here on ATS

Couch it however you wish, call it Anti-Semitism, Anti-Zionism, we all know what it is. Hatred for the Jewish people and it is abhorrent to any free thinking American

www.uninews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
No I am not Jewish

I am also not Islamic or Catholic or Buddhist

I don't hate anyone because of the name they choose to call their God

It has to be the most ridiculous and disgusting thing in the universe and it only gets worse when they try and hide it by saying things like this

"I don't hate Jews, I hate Israel"
"It's the Zionist I hate, not the Jews"

Trust me, if you have to qualify your hatred, anyone with half a brain can see right through it

Religious freedom founded this nation

What the heck happened to our tolerance?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Couch it however you wish, call it Anti-Semitism, Anti-Zionism, we all know what it is. Hatred for the Jewish people and it is abhorrent to any free thinking American

It is absolutely abhorrent, disgusting and a couple more words that would not pass the filter that you, [SNIP] is putting together anti-antisemitism and anti-Zionism as if they are the same. But not only that; to go a step further and say that anti-Zionism is hatred for Jews and bad for any free thinking American...that just takes the cake.

Mod Edit: Removed off-topic comment. Please review this thread: Mods are people too (and have opinions)
edit on 25-1-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I almost posted this earlier today, but I had a few thoughts, and wanted someone else to post it first to see what kind of reactions would come out of it......

let me say absolutely disgusting that someone would do this....

I dont agree with this no matter what religion you are.......

But you know what else is disgusting..........the lack of public outcry on this.....

Yeah, im gonna say it, and people can flame me.......but had this been a mosque, this would be on every front page and there would be 10 threads on it, and people all over the states would be calling for the head of the man responsible.........

These acts are disgusting no matter what religion you are, the obvious favoritism towards some however is disturbing

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

It is absolutely abhorrent, disgusting and a couple more words that would not pass the filter that you [snip], is putting together anti-antisemitism and anti-Zionism as if they are the same. But not only that; to go a step further and say that anti-Zionism is hatred for Jews and bad for any free thinking American...that just takes the cake.

Perfect example of what he was talking about in his second post...

Quanlifying.............

People use "Anti Zionism" as a "softer" term for their anti semitism.........and they arent fooling anyone
edit on 25-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed quoted text

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Just before this thread goes any further, lumping anti-zionism and anti-semetism together is a low blow and is incorrect. Being against a political ideology and being prejudice against a group of people for their ethnicity or religion are completely different things and cannot be treated as the same.

It's like saying that being anti-nazi is being anti-german or anti-christian.

I am anti-zionist, do not suggest i am in any way anti-semetic as i respect jewish culture and even have anti-zionist jewish friends.

With that out of the way, what a horrible guy! Hatred against a group of people for their religion is sickening and has no place in modern society. Will be interesting to see what other informaiton comes out about this guy since he's given no previous indication of being anti-semetic.

ETA: InfoKartel beat me to it

edit on 25-1-2012 by Nammu because: addind

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Good. These people are criminals.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I'm certainly glad I'm not the only one that gets it

Trust me, we are not alone either

I hope this gets treated as a hate crime

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I gotta agree with the poster above me. Some people very well are anti Semitic here, such as the bastard in the op. however most people don't feel hate for the Jewish people, only the Israeli government. Just as many people hate the American government but not it's people. On the whole, we fear what we do not understand, or what is different, it is how we as a species have been raised for ages. I don't care if you are Jewish, or a scientologist, if you are a tyrant, we are immeasurably opposed

Just my view
Oh, and bail should've been higher

(edit)any crime is a hate crime, discrimination only breeds more discrimination. Favoritism is just a form of discrimination
edit on 25-1-2012 by IFeelForty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

People use "Anti Zionism" as a "softer" term for their anti semitism.........and they arent fooling anyone

Sorry but that is utter BS. Zionism is a political ideoligy.

You don't have to be Jewish to be zionist.

So that's your argument blown out the water.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Perfect example of what he was talking about in his second post...

Quanlifying.............

No, obviously neither you nor he knows what you are talking about. It is abhorrent for someone to cheaply attack people, and that at a religious gathering. It's great that nobody got hurt and they caught the perps.

But I find it more disgusting for someone to use that attack as a political argument, make a politically tinted thread that says "everybody hates Jews unless you are a free American"

It is EXACTLY what Zionists do; they use religious extremism and turn it into a political argument. They look for excuses such as this attack, or in other cases they pay Jewish college students to create "fake hatred" towards Jews.

Well then neither those people nor you actually know what Zionism is. Can I present you with the internet?

PS.

This thread is for brainwashing purposes.
edit on 25-1-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

It is EXACTLY what Zionists do; they use religious extremism and turn it into a political argument.

Like so
www.haaretz.com...
edit on 25-1-2012 by IFeelForty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Every attack instigated by those that follow the islamic faith is "political" in nature.

The anti-zionists vs anti-jew debate is disingenuous though.

It's like saying I like ribeyes but I'm a vegan. How can you (or anyone else for that matter) separate the two and justify it?

In other threads people stated that they
Hate the government but love the people
-people elect government to represent them
Hate the leaders but love the soldiers
-I personally love that one

I see a dichotomy here to justify hatred.

Am I wrong?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Every attack instigated by those that follow the islamic faith is "political" in nature.

What do I or this thread have to do with the Islamic faith? Oh I see, it is a deflection and an excuse to bring the word Islamic into a thread with already so many keywords.

The anti-zionists vs anti-jew debate is disingenuous though.

No it's not. This is your claim, do you have proof to go with this claim?

It's like saying I like ribeyes but I'm a vegan. How can you (or anyone else for that matter) separate the two and justify it?

You're not very good with metaphors.

In other threads people stated that they
Hate the government but love the people
-people elect government to represent them

So you would say that all across the globe these leaders are representatives of the people in a country? Then why is there such a huge cliff between these leaders and their people? How many Israelis marched and slept in tents to protest the Israeli government? Occupy Wallstreet? G20 protests? Obviously these leaders represent a small fragment of the people and not the average citizen.

When someone says that they mean to say that they dislike the policy making of a country.

Hate the leaders but love the soldiers
-I personally love that one

Because to these people the idea of soldiers is that they give up much, including their lives if need be, for the average citizen. However, additional information gathering shows that these soldiers are merely puppets dancing to the policies of these leaders, and it is these policies that the people have issues with. Why? Because an aggressive foreign policy or the bailing out banks is ordered through the financial lobby (which these leaders represent).

I see a dichotomy here to justify hatred.

No, you see what you want / you see what you are told to see.

Am I wrong?

Yes. Absolutely. 110%.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Such an act is terrible, but sounding the "anti-semite" horns is starting to rub a lot of people the wrong way. A horrible crime is a horrible crime, but putting the victim on a special pedestal repeatedly seems to imply that they are somehow "different" or perhaps "special" in some regard.

We can search the news daily and post similar or worse stories pertaining to all kinds of people a million times over. Is it any less "abhorrent" if the victims are not jewish? Political motivation has started to firmly grip these events, and it comes as no surprise israel is having a hard time selling their "plans" for iran. In recent memory there has been more then a few cases of self vandalism in the jewish community.

I don't know what to say about it anymore, I just started to grow tired if not PO'ed having to always see anti-semite tagged along these crimes. If people can't see the term is a loaded "guilt-bullet", then stay stuck in that paradigm, I'm done with it. But be careful one day you don't get into a fight with some guy for whatever reason, and he turns out to be jewish and you get hit with a hate crime charge. We've allowed a dangerous political/legal precedence to be set.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes you are wrong.

I can be anti-nazi but love Germany.

I can be anti-communist but love Cuba.

I can hate America's foreign policy but love Americans.

See, that's not hard to understand is it? People and ideologies are different things. People are physical beings, political ideologies are not.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am the last to ever stand up for any of the Genocide that is currently, and for many years being carried out by the Jewish State I think the actions of Israel as an nation since independence is the worlds largest Hypocracy to date.

The American State have and are doing the same worldwide to, but at least they have never experienced it themselves, and they don't hide under an flag of "Victimhood" to mask the evil, just arrogance.

This though is as bad and as worse as anything done both by the Jewish State and the USA.

What in Gods name whoever that may be for the person who does this, has an Rabbi got to do with any Zionism or Current Modus Operandi of Israel as an state?

None at all, this is just all out Racist Ignorant Hate with an focus, and any coward who can try and petrol bomb an family and an religious leader in their sleep, within an house of God or peace whichever religion, belief & deity may be is truly the lowest point any human act can come to.

If anyone wants to get at Zionism, they would have the courage to try and attack the top lobbyists, most of Hollywood nearly all the Press and TV owners in the world or the truly insane who are in the Kneset, or the Jewish child snipers....

But the execs and snipers have guns or bodyguards and they would die in their "cause" probably, pure cowards...

Or even the boys on the hill who bankroll the genocide and war and state of Zion as such....

They are that which they claim to hate so much and want to fight, they might as well suicide bomb themselves in private as they are just fighting themselves, there is no difference in any way at all just semantics.

Thanks Semper this is not getting much coverage which is decided by the above I mentioned, which is interesting in itself as they usually like to pull that card instantly, maybe they are trying to de focus the hostility the state both Jewish and US has created as the recent strained ties in Public, and the growing awareness globally of this sycophantic incestious relationship of the Financiers, Lobbyists, Media, Banking Cartels US and Israel et al...

This is true Real terrorism within the USA, and it comes from within not from without, so that also is of concern with the recent changes in law and ability of Brave men like you and your comrades to "police" and be deployed on home soil.....

Are they patsies? is it being managed? would not surprise me, but I agree wholeheartedly with what you say and state, in relation to the demarcation between these sick acts, at the perpretator level and how sometimes they are exploited, spun and given an "meaning" by different groups.

The only meaning is Cowardice, Hate and Rascism no matter how they try and dress or hijack it.

An attack on an Nations religious and cultural heritage is always that, nothing else, and especially when the history and interconnected deep ties, even blurring of lines. between the Jewish Religion and its "country" or nationhood and state is stronger than any other Nation to be on earth known in history besides Tibet and Buddhism.

People need to be very careful of being what they say they deplore, also of blurring the lines and seeing this as an freedom fighter or "they deserve it" it is nothing of the sort, if they had the courage to fight an armed part of the Jewish or American state that does what even I rant about then they would be right, this though is not grey its extremely black and white

It is Rascism Hate & Ignorance full stop nothing else.

And those who support it in this thread or else where especially "good they deserve it" or "good they are criminals" are as bad as any Nazi Boot walking Camp Commandant, Any Soldier who drops poison into water in Palestine or shoots children for fun, as bad as any at Abu Graib, what you spend so long professing about , wanting to highlight in others all the time, the evilness and injustice has been proven in that one statement you made to be Hypocracy of the highest order.

You are no different.

None at all, than all those you try and highlight and scream about, in my mind you are no different to the biggest USA or Zionist psychopath, all of your arguments are null and void, you hate soo much in others what is in you just with a different skin tone, backround and "history"

Same chicken different feathers, that's all.

Kind Regards,

Elf

edit on 25-1-2012 by MischeviousElf because: spell layout

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Well first I would like to say I agree. These actions are disgusting and those responsible should be shot on sight.....

or prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law..

With that said... Zionism isn't Judiasm persay... It's more the Regime than the religion.....

I'm pretty Anti-Zionist myself but I don't hate Jews... There is a distinction.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I think it's perfectly possible to be anti-Zionist without being anti-Semitic. However, you'd have to be pretty naive not to notice the rampant anti-Semitism on ATS, masquerading as ''anti-Zionism'' or criticism of Israel.

It is unfortunate for those who have genuine and valid criticisms of Zionism and Israeli actions, but it's also understandable why many people are cynical and suspicious about the motives of those who spend an inordinate amount of time bemoaning Zionism.

A telltale sign of a poster's true anti-Semitic feelings in many threads is the correlation between the intensity of the argument and the lack of distinction between Israel/Zionism and Jews, as a whole; the more heated the discussion becomes, the more some posters seamlessly merge Israel and Jewish people in to one single bête noire.

Another suspicious aspect of some ''anti-Zionist's'' modus operandi, is how they spend so much time getting worked up about this one particular political ideology, when there are hundreds of similar - but non-Jewish - ideologies around the world, which they don't seem to get so upset about. By the same token, they single out the more nefarious actions of the Israeli government, while apparently not spending nearly as much time being concerned or outraged at the actions of other countries and governments.

I'm not really too surprised to find a lot of anti-Semitism on ATS, as, from what I've seen, neo-Nazis and racial supremacists are almost always conspiracy theorists, as well.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join