It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US : North Korea must not stage a provocation but we'll stage large war games on your border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Seriously...

Saying this :
US warns against N. Korea 'provocation'

The United States on Thursday urged China to press North Korea's new leader to exercise restraint, saying that South Korea would face "enormous pressure" to respond to any provocations.

While...
N. Korea denounces planned S. Korea-U.S. joint military drills

The Marine Corps of South Korea and the U.S. are set to stage a joint landing exercise in March, in their largest combined drill in 23 years.

Do as I say, not as I do... ridiculous.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

do a

How do you "Do a" provocation?

North Korea are an aggressive and way out of line animal. Much like the terrorist "fake religion" driven animal leaders that reside in Iran!

The only reason they have to do these war games is because of those coward, gutless and weak sad excuses for human beings called the NK leaders! Chickens all of them! All talk! If they were not so aggressive it would not be needed.
edit on 25-1-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

There I fixed it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

A little too late!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

A little too late!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

What I find curious is that is common knowledge that North Korea has nuclear weapons, and has made aggressive moves against surrounding areas. Yet, since everyone also "understands" how much the regime is filled with lunacy in it's leadership, NK is disregarded, IMO too often. You don't see this kind of stance against Iran.

To be fair, NK doesn't have any major resources at it's disposal, thus the severity of the impact the sanctions had in it's finances. But, if you confront any US politician, or any politician of a country that supports and applies sanctions to Iran, it's not about resources, it's about world safety and stability.

If it's not for the resources, then why the double standards? Why take so much risk putting Iran into a corner, if there are worst regimes in the world, with a much larger danger threshold, why should Iran be so marginalized, when it's not clear what kind of intentions they have.

People will argue that Iran is suicidal, extremist and that with a operative nuclear warhead on their hands, something like World War 3 could start, or something along those lines. But why is Iran more suicidal than Korea for instance? North Korea has no economy, most part of it's population has severe nutritional deficits, including it's armed forces, and they haven't used their nukes.

And if we go along the road of "insanity" and "irresponsibility", watching this without any bias, NK would be much more dangerous than Iran, since we are talking about a country where people have to cry for their "loved leader", and have no contact with the outside world.

Iran isn't the same as NK. It has allies (true allies), foreign responsibilities, established businesses and trades, and dismiss them all you like, they are valuable enough for a country like China to open a little bit of their claws against the US.

Same as for the population. Iran communities are spread around the world, many are even deeply connected into their local communities, even inside the US. If you meet any iran traveler, especially if they are young, most are as friendly, if not even more, as any US citizen, and due to their "stigma", some are even more prone to tolerance and peace than western citizens.

Thus my "confusion" as to why the US pursues such a "cruzade" around the World. I seriously hope that Obama was serious in his speech, and that the US starts concerning more about it's own health/wealth and less about griping a wrist around the world. For the sake of the US, and for the sake of world safety/stability.

Regards.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

What I find curious is that is common knowledge that North Korea has nuclear weapons, and has made aggressive moves against surrounding areas.

That's because for now, North Korea cannot deliver those nukes. Iran is much more advanced in missile technology and have long, porous borders, unlike North Korea faced with the Chinese border, the DMZ, the ocean and the Russia border.

To be fair, NK doesn't have any major resources at it's disposal, thus the severity of the impact the sanctions had in it's finances.

+1

But, if you confront any US politician, or any politician of a country that supports and applies sanctions to Iran, it's not about resources, it's about world safety and stability.

That's because they buy the BS argument that Iran is suicidal (no country in history ever was) and that little Israel is in danger when it's total bull.

If it's not for the resources, then why the double standards?

Iran got oil and Iran isn't controlled by the globalists.

Iran isn't the same as NK. It has allies (true allies)

Actually, North Korea have better allies. China and North Korea have a mutual defense pact. China will not allow NATO troops on their border.

Same as for the population. Iran communities are spread around the world, many are even deeply connected into their local communities, even inside the US. If you meet any iran traveler, especially if they are young, most are as friendly, if not even more, as any US citizen, and due to their "stigma", some are even more prone to tolerance and peace than western citizens.

Yep. North Koreans are brainwashed and think that Kim Jong Il is God himself.

I seriously hope that Obama was serious in his speech, and that the US starts concerning more about it's own health/wealth and less about griping a wrist around the world. For the sake of the US, and for the sake of world safety/stability.

He wasn't. War with Iran will happen. His puppet masters said so.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

That's because for now, North Korea cannot deliver those nukes. Iran is much more advanced in missile technology and have long, porous borders, unlike North Korea faced with the Chinese border, the DMZ, the ocean and the Russia border.

That's very true, and I forgot to consider that aspect. But NK doesn't really need an advanced delivery system for their objectives. I mean, from my understanding, NK wants to grip the peninsula, but doesn't have any conquest objectives, mostly for a small dose of realism in the middle of all insanity.

I just threw that in because in my view, in a world defined by logic and reason, we wouldn't be taking so many dangerous risks provoking Iran.

But then again, we aren't in a world defined by logic nor reason. lol

That's because they buy the BS argument that Iran is suicidal (no country in history ever was) and that little Israel is in danger when it's total bull.

Agreed. I might add that people in the West fail to see the bigger picture. When Iran was at war, it was being attacked by Iraq, which at the time was a friendly and puppet of the US government. And to be mildly fair, the Iranians also have a big dose of patience on their heads, especially if you look at how bipolar the US has been with Iran, from friend to foe, from negotiations for peace to sanctions and war.

And Israel is starting to look like that guy in the bar that drinks a beer too many, and starts throwing punches around the tables. It's a matter of time until a bigger guy gets up and punches back.

Iran got oil and Iran isn't controlled by the globalists.

Yes, and to me it seems that they are learning from the most recent US moves. It's not only the US that has been learning for the last 2 decades.

This whole deal with India and China, regarding trade with Iran, paying oil with gold, seems to be a more elaborated and though-out measure that Ghadaffi was also trying to accomplish (trying to give some independence to African states).

I think China may be doing a lot of this "undercover" work, mining the dollar dominance.

Actually, North Korea have better allies. China and North Korea have a mutual defense pact. China will not allow NATO troops on their border.

Well, you're right, but Iran also has sympathies with Russia and China, if not, a bigger economical importance. Russia is already getting nervous because of the rate they are loosing world influence, and China is enjoying it's growth too much to open the door for an American comeback.

I just hope this turns into some sort of Cold War that pushes economies, instead of a Mild War that is just an warmup for a possible WW3.

top topics

join