It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Carl Sagan know something?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thankyou for your words.
Squaring the circle?
Squaring the earth with the moon?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I have to SnF your fully comprehensive and elaborate hoax. I mean post Sorry.

That's not the truth of how I feel. I was just joking, I know, I know, as someone else said today their are two things on ATS you shouldn't joke about. American poolitics and aliens.

Anyway SnF.I like any thread of magnitude.

New members take notice.

Flag 33----->
edit on 24-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Chadwickus

IMO its a response from an alien race that resides within the limits of our own solar system.

In regard to weather or not Carl Sagan knew about certain scientific facts that may have influenced the information he put into his binary transmission, my opinion is of course he did. His renown and general experience with the world of black science and space exploration would make him the perfect candidate. Not to mention the fact that he was pretty well off financially and even top secret information has a price tag on it. I honestly don't think he would have made that large of a mistake on a transmission project that he took pretty seriously

Agreed. I grew up in a family of scientists. They don't often make this kind of mistake, and they certainly don't leave it uncorrected for so many years. How Sagan knew 4 billion? I can only infer.

The new message shows the alien DNA to be 4,294,966,110 base pairs while the number sent in the message representing human DNA was 4,294,441,822.

this is the part that really jumped out at me. I don't believe in coincidence. The alien DNA # and human DNA # are too close for that to be a blip. Again, I don't know anything, but I wonder if Sagan was adding a hidden message within his message?

If 1974 science "knew" DNA to be 1 billion, Sagan didn't send a message at 4 billion by accident. That's my $0.02

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
FYI: Carl Sagan died of pneumonia after 3 bone marrow transplants brought on by a disease called preleukaemia or now known as Myelodysplastic syndrome, he was 62. No conspiracy here!
edit on 24-1-2012 by brice because: add more info

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Please explain the hoax?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Do we really get to know what is known or are we told a pale version of the truth.
Perhaps Carl Sagan was trying to let us know.
Also - Perhaps the more sophisiticated crop circles are done through a technology we are not privvy to

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
human genome was sequenced in 2001. it consists of just over 3 billion bases. you already stated that, tho, so I do not understand your question.

the 4 billion number HAS NOTHING to do with human DNA. sorry.

good read, tho.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by randyvs

Please explain the hoax?

It was a joke he made

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

As modern technology has increased, like GPS, so has the complexities of crop circles.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I’m confused. Are you talking about the 1974 message sent to M13 from the Arecibo radio telescope? If you are, Carl Sagan didn’t write the DNA part. Frank Drake did.
www.astrobio.net...

AM: Did Carl Sagan collaborate with you on designing the message?

FD: Carl Sagan wasn’t part of that, actually. It was constructed by several of the scientists on the staff at Arecibo, but mainly by me. But Carl Sagan did play a role after it was constructed. I took him to lunch one day and presented him with the message already decoded. I asked, “Can you understand this?” This was a test to see if the message was understandable to a very knowledgeable Earth scientist. We eventually learned that nobody could interpret all of the message; each scientist only could interpret the part relevant to their discipline. So Carl got the numbers right and the planetary system right, but he didn’t get the DNA chemistry.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
human genome was sequenced in 2001. it consists of just over 3 billion bases. you already stated that, tho, so I do not understand your question.

As I said I know nothing about dna thats why I asked. Human dna is diploid therefor the total is 6 billion and from what I could find varies from person to person so could carls figure be near?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

The first picture shows how they communicate and it is showing microwaves. The message we sent demonstrated we used a radio telescope. The picture of that is found at the bottom of both the message we sent as well as their version. It was all done by a team of jacktards with a piece of wood and metal wire

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

That refers to the chemistry. Also, I'm not saying your wrong but what you say is the complete reverse of my own research. I'll dig a little further and post what I find.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I disagree, all it takes is planning, it's not like the makers were out there nutting it out as they go. Once the complexities are sorted out on paper beforehand, the crop circle is the easy bit.

You think it's possible to create something in the dark rainy night... in one night, like that? It would be difficult to even plan to response let alone creating that in those conditions in one night......

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
OP, I do wonder about the 1 billion versus 4 billion or so, maybe Sagan did have access to hidden scientific knowledge. But your post would certainly bring out the debate on whether Crop Circles are man-made or other. IMO, the subject has been made into a joke by 'Doug and Dave' who were presented forward by the Media to do just that, make the circles non-mysterious. I have seen pics of man-made circles, and they have flaws. But formations like the OP showed, and others that have mathematical properties in how they are laid out, I believe are not man-made. But since the OP's point is did Sagan know something? This does seem like an answer, by giving the diagram back to us, changed to show its an answer, not the original message just repeated. As to why communicate this way, what if they (whoever they are) use fields of grain, (and others have been found carved into ice too), because the message is for everyone, not just scientists, and marking their message where it can be easily seen, and photographed, is their way. Who knows who they are? Sure, there are crop hoaxers who make some of them. But not all.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

3 billion base pairs X 2 DNA molecules per chromosome pair = 6 billion base pairs per total genome.

the number does vary between persons (this is biology after all) but certainly not in the range of billions.

the answer you are looking for (I am a degree holding biotechnologist) Is: the 4 billion number has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the human genome.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jb1958

Thanks for those words.
Some people on here have very closed minds or another agenda.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

So it was raining now??

Really?

Are you that desperate for this theory to be true that you'll make stuff up?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Well I guess that answers the OP's question, did Carl Sagan know something?

When it comes to DNA, no.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join