It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Time For Ron Paul To Answer This Question?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
reply to post by Bone75

the gop needs to start paying attention tho because paul supporter dont sway, paul or nothing.

Which is exactly why I think it's time for him to make the rest of these fools bow down.

By avoiding the question, he's leaving the door open for speculation. And if it comes down to Dr. Paul having to run as a third party, a lot of his "potential" supporters are going to have a hard time trusting him because of the way he has handled this question. Americans are tired of BS and they want straight answers. He would gain more respect with the voters who are still on the fence by answering the question rather than avoiding it.

Another reason he should stop avoiding the question is because the media won't stop asking it. In the Florida debate, he was asked this question and he again gave his standard answer " I have no plans or intentions of doing so". So the moderator simply re-phrased the question and asked if he would support Gingrich if he won the nomination. Dr. Paul answered " I like that he has adopted my position on the fed and my position on gold, now if I can just get him to change his stance on foreign policy, maybe we can talk."

A lot of the undecided voters find Dr. Paul's foreign policy unsettling to say the least. By answering the re-phrased question the way he did, he just gave a lot of those undecided voters to Newt.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
All Newt has to say is that he would make Ron Paul his bulldog to go after the FED and its a done deal.
Ron Paul never wanted to win anyway.
He always knew he couldn't win.
He has lost everytime and his 13% is a waste of time as an independent runner.

In the end all the Paul supporters will be told by their cult leader who to vote for. So the real question is, Will his supporters vote the way he eventually and inevitabley tells them to?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

For once, I agree with you. His 13% is worthless as an independent....... except to Obama! But, it isn't Paul's fault, Johnson, or any other Independent is going to neuter the GOP and Obama will be re-elected. The only possibility for the GOP to win, is to endorse Paul, and throw the party behind him, and make sure he gets a powerhouse running mate, and make sure he names a stellar cabinet. Otherwise, It is Obama 2.0 in November.

In the end all the Paul supporters will be told by their cult leader who to vote for. So the real question is, Will his supporters vote the way he eventually and inevitabley tells them to?

The answer to this part is an emphatic NO.

People love Paul because of his integrity. If he endorses some loser, then his supporters will either vote Independent, or they will just stay home and not vote at all. And all of that equals Obama 2.0.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

But your cult leader in a position to take out the FED??? His loyal followers wouldn't savor the idea of making that happen?
Ron Paul has already used language to indicate he is more interested in a "Movement". Which he wants to be seen as the founder of. What better way than to start off slaying the FED? A movement with an accomplishment under its belt is real, not like some toothless OWS bullcrap.
Oh you will line up when the time comes, and that will be right after the Convention.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

OH, I agree, a cabinet position for Ron Paul would be HUGE!! For him and the candidate that names him.

But if it was someone like Romney that promised the position to Paul, I still wouldn't vote for Romney.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

He needs to keep his mouth shut in my opinion. He needs to leave them no choice but for them all to get behind him.That's the only way he can win. Along with them, the independences and any dems that switch over will destroy Obama. If he says he will run 3rd party any republicans on the fence about him would totally discredit him and the ones that are for him won't vote any other way. This election lays within his hands. My opinion is he won't run 3rd party and if it becomes clear he isn't going to win he'll endorse just to be sure we get Obama out. But I think we can take it, and why are they only asking him? Just to insinuate he's the only one not electable?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

By the way, I'm pretty sure your Avvy is meant to be an insult to Paul followers, but I've always loved it. If I didn't read your posts, and I just saw the avvy, I would think you were a Paul fan. The rebel uniform, and the rebel flag tie, and pointing out at the general public and calling them sheeple. It is perfect, I'm not sure how you intend it as an insult.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well, he absolutely cannot endorse any of the candidates. Why would he. What sane man would endorse any of these "people"..

As for running independent. Well, in a perfect world, there is nothing wrong with being independent, but in a MSM world, that's 'bad', so like it's been stated by others before.. lose/lose question. It's better that he announces being independent than endorsing another candidate though. That would just awful to the Nth degree.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

By the way, I'm pretty sure your Avvy is meant to be an insult to Paul followers, but I've always loved it. If I didn't read your posts, and I just saw the avvy, I would think you were a Paul fan. The rebel uniform, and the rebel flag tie, and pointing out at the general public and calling them sheeple. It is perfect, I'm not sure how you intend it as an insult.

It's not an insult, he called for the sheeple and they came. Kinda like the iconic Uncle Sam pointing saying "We want You!"

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Yeah, I get it.
It is not an insult to Ron Paul, it is an insult to anyone and everyone that believes in his message.
Thanks for the clarification, Jerk.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I'm a big Ron Paul supporter and I agree with you. Ron Paul 3rd party = 4 more years of Obama. Ron Paul has stated it's about the movement and he just the voice. But I will support him in hopes that he wins, the GOP may not have a choice but jump on board. I've also thought about bringing on board with newt, only newt out of those choices tho

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaMgLo87
Is Romney, Gingrich, Santorum ready to answer that question? You are a F'in moron man.

You need a swift and stern lesson in civility........

You dont have to like the OPs question to answer it, if you dont like it, then dont respond.......

The only moron here in my opinion is the one who decided to answer and contribute nothing to the thread...

To the OP , I wonder tho if he DID switch to independent if that wouldnt keep him in the race, seeing as how there is no one in that "slot" right now......

I often wonder if he would do that if he falls too far behind in the polls for the GOP candidate......

It COULD throw him in the ring as a larger contender, garnering more votes for those who would rather not vote on a republican ticket

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow

Yeah, I get it.
It is not an insult to Ron Paul, it is an insult to anyone and everyone that believes in his message.
Thanks for the clarification, Jerk.

Ok well if you don't like my interpretation of the imagery you can always think of it as him pointing out to the world calling them sheeple.
Whatever floats your boat.
edit on 24-1-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY

I'm a big Ron Paul supporter and I agree with you. Ron Paul 3rd party = 4 more years of Obama. Ron Paul has stated it's about the movement and he just the voice. But I will support him in hopes that he wins, the GOP may not have a choice but jump on board. I've also thought about bringing on board with newt, only newt out of those choices tho

It would be seamless. Newt could just go up to the podium and exclaim, just as he was Ron Paul's leader in the House years ago, he is now his leader in his quest for the Presidency and Ron Paul was always a loyal Republican with unwavering principals etc etc etc to shouts of ecstatic cheers and a big ear to ear grin on Ron Paul's face as he stands beside him.

Could easily see that happening at the end of the GOP Convention.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Okay just to be clear, I'm saying that Ron Paul should give the republican party an ultimatum by answering the question. If he would just say "No I will not endorse either of these guys, and yes I will run as an independent if I have to", then that statement along with Dr. Paul's unwavering support base will force the rest of the republican party to reevaluate just how serious they are about getting rid of Obama.

The decision they will be left with is either get behind Ron Paul and endorse him as our nominee, or accept 4 more years of Obama.

All he has to do is "threaten" to run as an independent in order to avoid having to.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
Okay just to be clear, I'm saying that Ron Paul should give the republican party an ultimatum by answering the question. If he would just say "No I will not endorse either of these guys, and yes I will run as an independent if I have to", then that statement along with Dr. Paul's unwavering support base will force the rest of the republican party to reevaluate just how serious they are about getting rid of Obama.

They'd cut him loose. He needs them and their support (about half the voters of the US) more than they need him (8-15% of the voters.) His strategies haven't been particularly effective (mailing a 5 page letter about the evils of the other candidates to everyone in South Carolina didn't budge the vote in his favor. He ended up with the same percentage of votes in the election as he had after the NH primary.)

85% of the Republicans aren't interested in him or his ideas. He votes against their bills if he thinks they don't match up with what's in the Constitution (the Constitution to him seems to be a dead document instead of a living one -- a Bible instead of a Code of Laws that changes as society's needs change.)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
If you don't win the republican nomination, will you support one of the other candidates, or will you run as an independent?

I've watched most of the debates and several of Dr. Paul's interviews, and this question always comes up. He basically refuses to answer, and instead says that he has no plans or intentions to run as an independent, and that he's not even thinking about it because his campaign is doing so well at the moment.

Now I completely understand his reasons for dodging this question early on, but now it's getting down to crunch time. If he does plan to run as an independent (which I really hope he does if he doesn't win the nomination), wouldn't now be the perfect time to divulge those plans?

I'm thinking strategy here.

The main goal of the republican party in this election is to get rid of Obama. Many key figures including a few of the candidates themselves have said that they don't care who gets the nomination as long as Obama gets ousted.

The thing is, not one of the four remaining candidates stands a chance at beating Obama without Ron Paul's supporters. He has the party by the balls and I think it's time for Dr. Paul to get bold.

If he were to answer the question with " I will not support any of the other candidates as our next president, and I will run as an independent." Then the rest of the republican party will have no choice but to get behind Dr. Paul, or settle for another 4 years of Obama.

So like I said, I think he should answer the question and be bold about it. What do you think?

No, he should not support them. That would akin to selling out. There ideas aren't the same. This two party thing is hilariously funny and people still buy it. As a huge Paul fan, I would be hugely disappointed if he supported any 1 of these puppets.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
reply to post by getreadyalready

But your cult leader in a position to take out the FED??? His loyal followers wouldn't savor the idea of making that happen?
Ron Paul has already used language to indicate he is more interested in a "Movement". Which he wants to be seen as the founder of. What better way than to start off slaying the FED? A movement with an accomplishment under its belt is real, not like some toothless OWS bullcrap.
Oh you will line up when the time comes, and that will be right after the Convention.

None of these assclowns are going after fed. Get it together. You identified a scenario that has no chance of happening. The fed is here to stay unless Ron Paul wins and even then he won't be able to do it, but I'd rather have someone who's trying and representing the people.

Ron Paul will not support either of these guys and neither of them are considering going after the fed in any capacity.

Smarten up.

edit on 28-1-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join