It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Time For Ron Paul To Answer This Question?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If you don't win the republican nomination, will you support one of the other candidates, or will you run as an independent?

I've watched most of the debates and several of Dr. Paul's interviews, and this question always comes up. He basically refuses to answer, and instead says that he has no plans or intentions to run as an independent, and that he's not even thinking about it because his campaign is doing so well at the moment.

Now I completely understand his reasons for dodging this question early on, but now it's getting down to crunch time. If he does plan to run as an independent (which I really hope he does if he doesn't win the nomination), wouldn't now be the perfect time to divulge those plans?

I'm thinking strategy here.

The main goal of the republican party in this election is to get rid of Obama. Many key figures including a few of the candidates themselves have said that they don't care who gets the nomination as long as Obama gets ousted.

The thing is, not one of the four remaining candidates stands a chance at beating Obama without Ron Paul's supporters. He has the party by the balls and I think it's time for Dr. Paul to get bold.

If he were to answer the question with " I will not support any of the other candidates as our next president, and I will run as an independent." Then the rest of the republican party will have no choice but to get behind Dr. Paul, or settle for another 4 years of Obama.

So like I said, I think he should answer the question and be bold about it. What do you think?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My personal opinion is he should be an independent anyway. I've conversed with multiple people on this topic, and they say that he's looking to run things the complete opposite of all previous politicians...like a lion advocating vegetarianism.

If he ain't gonna act like all the republicans before him, then why call himself a republican? Be an independent, and show us what the NEW politics is all about.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

It is a lose-lose question. He absolutely cannot answer it.

If he says "Yes, I will endorse the nominee," then he gives the establishment free reign to ignore and belittle his presence, and he doesn't stand a chance.

If he says "No, I will not endorse anyone I don't agree with," then he gives the establishment plenty of ammunition to paint him as an outsider, a libertarian, an independent, and not worthy of the Republican support.

He absolutely must not answer this question, any answer only hurts him. As long as it is an unknown, then he is still dangerous and he must be taken seriously.

link   
reply to post by Bone75

He said many times he's not an absolutist. In his mind he's not going to run third party, but he doesn't want to say he's 100% sure, because in the event that something drastic happens and people call on him to run for the sake of the survival of this country, he will consider it. Basically he's saying there's a 1 in a billion shot that he might run for third party. To some that means that the possibility is there, and others will realize that the chance is so slim it's not even worth mentioning.

link   
the republicans and democrats only pretend to hate each other, but when necessary they will work together to keep an independent out of the race. Ron Paul ran as an independent in 88 and was sidelined. No debate time for an independent. The establishment would be happy running a dead horse against obama as a easy reelection for obama. that is how sad politics is, rather than paul vs obama, a true debate of opposite minds, you have paul vs three clowns who all want more wars and serve as a distraction so the majority remain ignorant of ron paul.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

So like I said, I think he should answer the question and be bold about it. What do you think?

Maybe he doesn't know for sure yet? He shouldn't have to make up his mind, until he HAS to make up his mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I'm pretty sure he's said he will continue to run if he's the Republicans choice or not. There's no way he's going to support Romney, Gingrich, or Santorum.

I'm voting Ron Paul no matter what.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Bone75

It is a lose-lose question. He absolutely cannot answer it.

If he says "Yes, I will endorse the nominee," then he gives the establishment free reign to ignore and belittle his presence, and he doesn't stand a chance.

If he says "No, I will not endorse anyone I don't agree with," then he gives the establishment plenty of ammunition to paint him as an outsider, a libertarian, an independent, and not worthy of the Republican support.

He absolutely must not answer this question, any answer only hurts him. As long as it is an unknown, then he is still dangerous and he must be taken seriously.

Boom
Exactly what he said.
Ask ron at the Convention.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well the way I see it, the only way he's going to be our next president is if he wins the republican nomination. And unfortunately (barring some kind of miracle with the delegates), it's not looking too good right now. After three primaries, he's finishing strong, but not on top.

I think answering the question would help him a lot at this point.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
No, its time for him to answer by saying, well I've answered this many times so why don't we ask Newt or Mitt, what are their plans if they don't win the nominee? Will they run independent? And...silence...lets see the response

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Why should he run as an independent? Isn't he a libertarian? It would seem to me that he should run on the same party ticket that he claims to be a member of. Not that it really matters to me because I don't believe that any of the prospective republican candidates can beat President Obama.

On the other hand, I think the idea that republicans would vote for "anyone" who they thought could defeat Obama just for the sake of defeating him is representative of a piss-poor way of thinking. But then that's the thing about hatred, it always does more harm to the hater than it does to the hated. It eats away at you until you can no longer think straight.

The current prospective republican nominees are using that hatred to mask the fact that they have no constructive ideas other than returning us to the failed policies of the past. Less regulation, lower taxes for the wealthy and with the exception of Ron Paul, more wars. Go figure. As for Ron Paul, as soon as you get past his stances on war and fixing the fed., he becomes unelectable too, unless he's running for President of the "Corpfederate States of America."

If I were a republican, I'd be getting ready for 4 more years of Obama.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
www.ronpaul2012.com...

“After tonight, only 37 delegates, or 1.6 percent of total delegates, have been awarded. The race for the Republican nomination is a marathon—not a sprint—and our campaign has in place a comprehensive plan to secure 1,144 delegates and win the nomination."

So after South Carolina, less then 2 percent of total delegates have been awarded. Why would he announce a 3rd party run when over 98 percent of delegates have not been awarded?

Don't let the MSM pick your candidates. The MSM pushes the not electable, running as a third party angle to marginalize Dr. Paul. This is only the beginning, there is no clear Republican Nominee, and despite the random surge of the week tactics, Paul will stand his ground, and steadily raise (not Surge, which is suspect) in standing.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
A vote for anyone other than Ron Paul is a vote for status quo. So it doesn't matter if it's Romney, Gingrich, or Obama, they just don't want RP.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaMgLo87
reply to post by SaMgLo87

OP is a douche bag. You NEED to stop being a f'in shill.

What's your problem dude? What did I say that offended you so badly that you had to resort to name calling? Grow up!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

ok iowa is not set in stone yet they have soft delegates that decide at a later date not sure when but thats how it works, most of people that stayed behind to become delegates were ron paul supporter. so theres that, NH wasn't a take all state so he got some delegates there, south carolina is a winner take majority of delegates but newt and santorum aren't on the ballot in virginia only paul and robmey, so this is still a open race, florida is a winner take all and is a hugh campaign job witch you need lot and lots of money to win paul isn't investing alot of money there as robmey has already sank around 5 million paul super pac will spend about a million. paul is already actively campaigning in the caucus states for super tuesday. he has the plan in place and as far as i can tell the plan is working as planned! santorum is a nut who just wants to kill everyone except rape babies and robmey and newt are going to defeat themselves with their constant bickering. hold strong my friend this thing has just started. the gop needs to start paying attention tho because paul supporter dont sway, paul or nothing. not to mention the MSM melting down and just out right degrading his name people will see thru the bs all in time my friend all in time. also NH south carolina and florida all moved up thier primaries so they lost delegates.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is simply way to early for this kind of speculation. We have had 3 minor primaries.
Events are on the verge of happening on the world stage that can bite every one of these jerks but Ron Paul in the ass. Let's see how that plays out before we eliminate Ron Paul as a serious contender.
Barring WWIII, let's wait until Super Tuesday.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Why is this "crunch time"? Less than 2 % of the delegates have been assigned.

Furthermore, its a red herring. If he answers no and decides to run as an Indie later, they call him a liar.

If he says yes, hes now discounted from getting the Republican nomination.

How about the propaganda matrix known as the media stop asking him?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I do not believe that Dr. Paul should answer that question at this time. I do believe that if he is as serious about fixing this country as he says he is, he should run as an Independent if he cannot secure the Republican nomination. I am a Paul supporter and like others I will refuse to vote if he is not on the ticket somewhere, whether as a Republican, Independent or whatever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join