It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my ufo story in new jersey need help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
When I was about eight or nine years old I lived in Bound Brook NJ . I believe the date had to be late seventies or early eighties. I remember playing in the back yard by myself and seeing this massive UFO. It was sunny and broad day light. The ufo was shaped like a wide cross, silver in color and had tons of little lights on it and was moving very slowly and stopped above my house. I ran inside to try to find my Polaroid instant camera but of coarse i couldn’t find it. I ran back outside and it was still there... slowly moving away. I told my whole family and all of the neighbors about it when it happened. I am not sure if any one believed me. I remember this memory so clearly but what baffles me is that I can find no one else who saw this. It makes me doubt myself. It was broad daylight. I lived in a development in New Jersey with tons of other houses near me and my back yard butted against route 22 which is a very busy highway. I have done some searches and found no one else who saw this. How can this be? Hoping to find someone else who saw this so i know i am not crazy ( finally i got my 20 posts so i can tell my story)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
" I lived in a development in New Jersey with tons of other houses near me and my back yard butted against route 22 which is a very busy highway. I have done some searches and found no one else who saw this. How can this be?"

All those people living there , + the highway , and nobody saw anything ?

cross shaped ufo?

you know sometimes we dream things that are so vivid. Its hard to recall weather it was just a dream or reality .

conclusion = your imagination .

I hope you've learned to keep that camera close this time.
Perhaps you can go back camp out again same area and it might come ?

What was the date of this encounter ? Perhaps we can dig up some sighting records from that day in that area?

late 70's 80's will not help lol. Surly such a vivid day of your life you would remember ?

kinda like we all know where we were 9/11 or jfk shooting etc.
edit on 24-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

Interesting story friend, I grew up in NJ in the 80's and 90's and man did we see a lot of UFOS's I saw something kind of like that over route 80 in New jersey. I was sitting traffic at the washington/columbia exit. When a large triangle dotted with lights with a long cross shaped tail flew slowly over the highway right across from the truck stop A whole bunch of people saw it.
I cant draw but it looked kinda like this

edit on 24-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: had to draw it

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

i know it sounds hard to believe. it baffles me also. but i wasnt sleeping and told everone about it right after it happened.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

I believe that you did see something OP especially since another New Jersey member saw something similar.

As to why no one else has mentioned it......much of it has to do with societal pressure.

As I am reading now on ATS....we are now being told that we don't want to appear to be gullible ...and my question is what exactly does that mean ?

That means keep your mouth shut....and don't say anything about it.....

We have been conditioned by the Owners to ridicule and demean those who admit to seeing this phenomenon.

Why ? Because the Owners of you and I don't want this information released to the general public.

Just as the poster here who is telling you that it was imaginary and all in your mind.

If you had a medical history of creating weird delusional hallucinations throughout your life that would be one thing.

But as to many of us whom have witnessed these unidentified craft...we know what we saw.

So it is what it is ...and it was unidentified and no more and no less.

You probably will meet someone in the future that did witness what you saw but it will take some convincing to get it out of them....because throughout their lives....they simply didn't want to "Look as though they are nuts"....

it is understandable because we used to burn people at the stake for seeming to be witches !

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think things with multiple witnesses can still go unreported -got my own example too. I've poured through just about every thing written about ufos and strange phenomena on the internet, ever since, and never found anyone else mentioning it even though there must have been thousands of witnesses.

Probably '97 or 99, maybe '99 - coming out of the Lincoln tunnel into NJ as dusk began, on the 495 the ramp as it curves west, high in the sky to the SW was a large upside down omega symbol. Looked like an exceptionally crisp projection - very clear, very precise, but very 2 dimensional. Clear sky, no clouds except for a couple whispies in the NW, so nothing I can imagine a projection could shine on or anything. Cars were stopping, people getting out of cars to stare. Other people were honking, yelling at them to move it. The omega was absolutely stationary for the must have been at least ten, maybe 15 minutes before I made it to where 495 has steep sides and could't see anymore. Lots of people saw it, and reacted, as I could see very well at the time. I thought it would be all over the news and tv! But nothing, and I never could find anyone else who saw it or heard about it. Well, this is the first time I've written about it.

Thanks for sharing your cool story - I hope maybe someone comes along who can relate something about either one of our experiences - that would be really cool!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
How could someone "imagine" something like the OP stated? I abhor that theory...that someone "imagined" something. It obviously has stuck with her, and made a huge impression, or else why would she tell the story at 41 years of age in such detail?

Someone thinks they saw a shadow figure out of the corner of their eye: imagination. Someone sees what the OP stated, a glowing cross like object with lights that even upon going inside and back out, was floating away from the house: NOT something imagined IMO.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Thanks for everyones support and believing in me and my story. and no, I never had any history of delusions or mental problems.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

Obviously you have all your ducks in a row... so you must be a well-grounded person. Do I sound like I'm not serious... sorry if that's how it sounds. I'm serious, seriously.

new topics

top topics

join