It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPad 2 and iPhone 4S now jail broken...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Jail Break

Hackers from the Chronic Dev Team, including group leader 'p0sixninja', collaborated with researchers from the iPhone Dev Team such as 'MuscleNerd' and 'Saurik' as part of an iOS-hacking "dream team", according to the blog post. The groups worked with other iOS researchers, including 'planetbeing', due to difficulties in hacking A5 devices..

For all you jail break junkies out there, we have succeeded in cracking the new A5 devices.

For the mods, jail breaking isn't illegal so I figured it was ok to post this. If not, feel free to remove.
edit on 24-1-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well that the guarantee thrown out the window then.
I have an iPhone 4 and also iPad 2 and no way will I jailbreak it just to get some stuff I don't even need then if it breaks down I'm on my own? Don't think so.....

Jailbreaking an Apple device has benefits and risks, and is not illegal, according to security company Sophos. Benefits include the freedom to build and run software from alternative sources, and the ability to copy files of your choice without agreeing to the iTunes end-user agreement, Sophos said in a blog post on Sunday. Risks include invalidating Apple's warranty, and installing software which may make the device unusable, said the blog post. Users are more likely to encounter malicious software, so IT managers should include a "no-jailbreaking" clause in Bring Your Own Device policies, said Sophos.

edit on 24-1-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

This is the best post I have ever seen or read on ATS!!! Thanks for posting this!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

You can't break it, you might mess up the IOS on it, but you simple restore it. Well let me correct myself neither I nor anyone I know have ever broken our Apple devices. Wouldn't put it past someone to break their device doing a simple break.

edit on 24-1-2012 by dthwraith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If you jailbreak your phone or iPad, you can kiss any apple warrantees that came with it goodbye.

Personally, the only thing I think the iPhone is missing is that cool zig-zaggy unlock screen Droids have.
edit on 24-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Its safe to do if you are careful and make backups, i did mine a few days ago.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
jailbreak = no warranty = MYTH

just click update software on your device, bye bye jailbreak

oh and its a right pain in the rear when you update and have to jailbreak afresh......

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This was the easiest jailbreak to do so far.

Just plug it in and it is all done VIA software.

No debug mode frustration...

Nothing like being able to actually use my 50 dollar unlimited data plan and tether devices without being nickled and wait 20 more dollars !!!!!

Nothing like being able to install custom themes and being able to change the layout and font size and position of my icons.

I really love my infinite dock with scrolling bottom bar with seven icons showing. Oh its also nice to choose how many icons you want in a row instead of the default 4 you cant change without the jailbreak.

I really enjoy SBSetting so I can actually use my iphone in landscape mode.

Dont you hate it when you want to download something off the app store on your 3g connection and you CANT because the APP store wants you on a wifi connection.... Well I don't have that problem cause of the jailbreak

The TVout mirror app is wonderful so I can stream ALL video / mirror the iphone screen VIA TV out.

I buy the hardware I want to do WHATEVER I WANT TO WITH IT.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

Sorry bud then you havnt messed with it enough. There are ways to mess with the processes to a point it cant be restored, even from apple. However, apple is often kind enough to replace it anyway, for free if its the first time it has ever happened.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
reply to post by dthwraith

Sorry bud then you havnt messed with it enough. There are ways to mess with the processes to a point it cant be restored, even from apple. However, apple is often kind enough to replace it anyway, for free if its the first time it has ever happened.

Eh, I stay away from the topic of whether people should or should not JB their phones...

I simply believe if we buy it, we should be able to use it any way we want to.

That is like telling me I can't use my microwave to make popcorn...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

Yeah it doesnt effect me. If you know what you are doing its not a problem anyway.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So it might not be illegal, but why would you want to intentionally irritate the most powerful corporation on earth? A corporation that has an ex NSA operative running its security? Let sleeping dogs lie I say. Why put yourself on a list of cuppertinos most wanted, just so you can install a few dodgy apps without paying for them? Do you have a death wish or something? When google merge with Facebook and apple buy that entity out, why would you want to be on the wrong side of "the beast"? Your actions now have consequences in the future.
edit on 22-4-2012 by FlutterByte because: Spelling

edit on 22-4-2012 by FlutterByte because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlutterByte

why wouldnt you? what ya scared off?

top topics

join