It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something funny about ATS...and the whole world for that matter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You, my friend, are not the only one. It is as if consciousness of similar individuals is merging as a collective thought form, while still maintaining individuality. If you feel as I do, this is the future of our race, and it is growing exponentially. The Universe is telling us it's secrets, and more are listening everyday.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Do the movies give you clues and signs in the pictures? If so, what do you see? Do you hear voices in your head? A little voice inside my head said, don't look back, you can never look back. Do your dreams manifest themselves at any time? What were they? Do you feel like you are falling sometimes? Do you have any time dimensia displacement, mind displacement? IF SO, you have now entered the twilight zone. Do not attempt to change the channel for we control the pictures sounds and colors in your brain. This is not a test. DO DO DO DO, DO DO DO DO. ZAPP.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
It happens to me ALL the time. One year I had a student teacher in my classroom, and he was AMAZED at how often it happened to me. So I guess this isn't the experience everyone has. But for me, synchronicity is the rule, not the exception.

Yeah, I guess you are real special. I guess you are in "contact with the universe", or, atleast, "higher beeings". They focus all their "astral energy" to provide you with correct answers.

Wow, you need to take a break of some sort. Let me guess...you notice a lot of hostility in your life...directed at you...from everyone around you....Could it be related to your ATTITUDE????

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I get this alot too. Just the other day i was playing a Pink Floyd song i havent heard in a year while reading a post on ats. As i scrolled down the post, the same Pink Floyd song was recommended to hear by a poster.

A few weeks before that, i was walking down the main part of town, where i had a feeling i would see someone i knew. I saw a cousin of mine named Bill. A few days after that i had a dream of seeing someone i havent seen in years. Day later i bumped into a friend who i havent seen in about 8 years..also named Bill. Then a few days after that i bumped into another friend who i havent seen in also about 8 years.

Good Times, Things are certainly different than years ago

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
its called "morphic fields"...

be careful with your ideas ....someone might have the same..

ask the other guy who invented diesel...dont know him?......yep...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by twinsoulz23

Check out Nassim Haramein and what he says about the "singularity". He has very interesting information regarding this subject. My Brother just attended a lecture Nassim gave in Hawaii. You would not believe some of the things he is saying!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
There may be something to it. I go through phases where it happens more often. But don't discount the idea that you thought of something, then recognized it somewhere else BECAUSE you thought of it. For example, you go buy a new car, then suddenly you see dozens of them on the road. You never saw them before because you never paid attention, that's all. It's an issue of interest.

Another example. I'm interested in UFOs--have been for years. I was thinking, ruminating, on how they might be powered. So I come on ATS and come across a new thread: "Thoughts on how UFOs might be powered." Now I can take that as amazing, paranormal, and an example of synchronicity, or I can figure that it is probably pretty normal to find a thread like that on a board that is all about UFOs. There's nothing magical about ot; it's just that I'm hanging around in my area of interest anyway.

Then again, once I had a dream about being stopped by a cop a mile from work. The next day I was stopped by a cop a mile from work. It's hard to explain that kind of thing away as normal. I told the cop, "I dreamed about this last night." "That's freaky!" he said. (I did not get a ticket.)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Synchronicity is real. My question is does God alter our realities?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've noticed some of these things the past 12 years of my life. Some of them are predictive thoughts out of nowhere. "I'm getting a speeding ticket today" thought in the morning, by afternoon I was receiving my first ever speeding ticket. Funny thing that made me reply to this post, I was pondering joining the Army Reserves last night. I'm not sure if I should take this sign as a yes do it, or keep with my actual decision. I have noticed a need to complete tasks I had put on hold in the past. I'm not sure if this is an age/maturity thing, or a some sort of shift. Thanks for the thread!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BroketheWall

Whoa man, yo post just blew my mind...I also have a fear of lightning, like almost a deep fear. Hell, I can admit it. Everytime there is a thunderstorm I stay inside, I have always been afraid if being struck...and your also joining the reserves? That is crazy man, synchronicity. ...it is becoming more powerful by the day...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yes I too have noticed, and came to the same conclusion that it couldn't just be coincidence. One time comes to mind, I heard the phrase "theres no such thing as a free lunch" in highschool for the first time. The next two weeks I heard that phrase in commercials, radio talk, people talking around me, having conversations with people, it was weird, and then it kind of faded away. The examples I have go on and on. My explanation is that we are all connected sub consciously, and we have way more influence on others than we know of. Just the act of us thinking affects everything around us. For example me and my friend were driving to this patient faclility. While on the way he was telling me about a kid that we knew of that hung himself in his closet. His father found him after he returned from work, and there was a blink 182 song on repeat playing over and over again. Our conversation subject lead us to something else and we forgot about it. Later at the patient facility we had one of those long silences, not the awkward kind, and we both suddenly had the realization that the blink 182 song we were talking about earlier was now playing over the speakers in the waiting room we were in. This was not the usual type of music, this particular place played, and coming back to this place I have never heard the song again, but I do here some of the same songs I have heard there before playing. My explanation for this is the act of us thinking about that song, caused somebody at the patient facility to put this cd in the player instead of that cd, for a reason that they may not be aware of.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's known as the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon and it's pretty darn interesting. I am pretty sure it has happened to everyone at some point in time or another.

Baader-Meinhof is the phenomenon where one happens upon some obscure piece of information– often an unfamiliar word or name– and soon afterwards encounters the same subject again, often repeatedly. Anytime the phrase “That’s so weird, I just heard about that the other day” would be appropriate, the utterer is hip-deep in Baader-Meinhof.

Do a little research on it, it's a pretty cool phenomena.
edit on 24-1-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sorgmodig

Why are you acting like that? Why even waste your valuable time just to come onto a forum and belittle everybody's comments? Let me guess your a common sense thinker? Please. The greatest minds of history all though outside the box. Stop being so 1-dimensional. If you think we are crackpots for simply believing in a phenomenon that obviously does exist, then you can kick rocks. Intelligent responses only you ignorant child. I don't play like that, and I really don't appreciate it. If you have nothing to contribute to the conversation other than negative BS, then bounce, get to stepping. We don't want nor need you hear right now.

Now go find a corner to cry in.

---1Love

edit on 24-1-2012 by twinsoulz23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
one my many synchronicites: Some years ago when i phoned up student loans i was in a phone queue for 20 mins i hung up rangback i was impatient then i got through just to enquire about something boring .I have an uncommon first name surname combo the woman on the other end was gasping in amazement .Before me a man with the same name as me had been on and while she was sorting my issue out her husband had text her with the same name also 3 identical uncommon names all at that exact time that is no way my freakiest synchro experience

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Amazing, I have never heard of this at all. Thank you very much for your contribution, I will definitely do some more research in this.

Wow, you learn something new everyday!

---1L

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by twinsoulz23

Why are you acting like that? Why even waste your valuable time just to come onto a forum and belittle everybody's comments? Let me guess your a common sense thinker? Please. The greatest minds of history all though outside the box. Stop being so 1-dimensional. If you think we are crackpots for simply believing in a phenomenon that obviously does exist, then you can kick rocks. Intelligent responses only you ignorant child. I don't play like that, and I really don't appreciate it. If you have nothing to contribute to the conversation other than negative BS, then bounce, get to stepping. We don't want nor need you hear right now.

Now go find a corner to cry in.

---1Love

I don't care what you new ager americans think. Yes, I am rational. The rest of the rational world laughs at your stupidity. You people are the once that fail to see the truth. You fill your meaningless lifes with lies because it makes you feel better. You want so desperatly to think your life has a higher meaning that you block out everyone who oppose you.

Life is filth. Have you ever seen a sheep with feaces tangled in its fur? That's life. Life is not "energys" and astral beings - it's feaces in the fur of a sheep.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
Yes I too have noticed, and came to the same conclusion that it couldn't just be coincidence. One time comes to mind, I heard the phrase "theres no such thing as a free lunch" in highschool for the first time. The next two weeks I heard that phrase in commercials, radio talk, people talking around me, having conversations with people, it was weird, and then it kind of faded away. The examples I have go on and on. My explanation is that we are all connected sub consciously, and we have way more influence on others than we know of. Just the act of us thinking affects everything around us. For example me and my friend were driving to this patient faclility. While on the way he was telling me about a kid that we knew of that hung himself in his closet. His father found him after he returned from work, and there was a blink 182 song on repeat playing over and over again. Our conversation subject lead us to something else and we forgot about it. Later at the patient facility we had one of those long silences, not the awkward kind, and we both suddenly had the realization that the blink 182 song we were talking about earlier was now playing over the speakers in the waiting room we were in. This was not the usual type of music, this particular place played, and coming back to this place I have never heard the song again, but I do here some of the same songs I have heard there before playing. My explanation for this is the act of us thinking about that song, caused somebody at the patient facility to put this cd in the player instead of that cd, for a reason that they may not be aware of.

You came to the same conclusion I did. That our minds are all connected on the subconscious levels, the Collective Unconscious, a term coined by Carl Jung. Our conscious minds, the I AM aspect of our being, is the implicit version of that consciousness, the individual fractualized version that interacts with reality. I have also noticed that when I learn a new word, suddenly I began to see it being used almost everywhere. Ever since I heard and learned the word CATALYST, I have Seen it everywhere....it seems very important for some reason I cannot yet explain. That was an amazing account of synchronicity, I believe group ones are even more powerfull than personal subjective ones.
One of my most striking episodes was when I was reading a book about the Marvel Superheroes (just channeling my inner nerd lol), well I was sitting down and the television was on, and a news broadcast was on. Amazingly, and this is the godhonest truth, as soon as I turned the page to the section about the Green Goblin, the newscastor female says, "Now that's what I call striking the Green Goblin." Coincidence or synchronicity? I was almost awestruck, I felt the phenomenon just slapped me in the face at that moment! I have never even heard of that figure of speech Before...very strange indeed.

---1Luv

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Okay okay this will be last reply to you because I can see you are just mad obviously about something I cannot help you with. First of all, you came onto my forum, the thread I CReated, and disrespected me and also a few other people who replied. That is why I told you to kick rocks. If you had debated me about my beliefs in an intelligent manner, than we would never have had a problem, nor would you feel i was opposed by what you said. I simply stated a belief I have about the world, and you tried to belittle me for it. What makes you so correct and everybody else wrong? Why are so mad about the world? Life is filth, that's rubbish! I've been through hell and back in my personal life, I am facing homelessness, I still, I don't think like that. Perhaps that why negative things keep on manifesting in your life....you seem like a very negative person just based offthat comment alone! I do not consider myself an American New Ager, I am critical thinker, a keen observer of reality. Don't hate Americans, get on our level, your obviousely mad from personal reasons...

Now are you done crying about life yet?

---1Love

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think it is more of an illusion that these answers come to you. You are thinking about a certain topic so it is only natural that you will be more likely to notice a topic on ATS dealing with that subject.

That happens to everyone.

Similar phenomenon with people seeing 11:11 everywhere. If you are thinking about it you will notice it more than if it is not on your mind.

But that is my humble opinion and mine alone.

On a side note, please calm down everyone. It seems a few are taking things a bit too personal. We all have our thoughts and opinions on this matter and there is no reason for this thread to turn into a fight. Everyone's thoughts are valid. Not everyone is going to agree with you and you are not going to agree with everyone. But each of our thoughts are just as valid as everyone elses.

So take a breather if you need to. I can just see things leading down the road towards the mods jumping in and slapping people on the wrist. Smile. Take a break if you need to. ATS will be here when you get back.

Peace and love.

edit on 24-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Anyone familiar with SLI, aka street light interference? Basically, it deals with a person's magnetism or electric output/input when approaching lights equipped with a photocell, a device that knows when to turn the street lamp on or off when it gets dark or bright enough. I haven't fully researched this phenomenon, but that's the jist of it.

My father is an electrician and I have helped him in his work many times, and approached him about it and he said he has heard other electricians and contractors say similar things.

Anyway, I have always had this happen to me.. at least once a day, most times 4 or 5 or more, the streetlight turning on or off.. and it usually happens when I am in a moment of deep thought or clarity. Sometimes when I am driving I can shut off 2 or 3 in a row, but it always happens when I am not thinking about it (as it happens so much, I am often paranoid or whatever).

To veer back on topic, I have also noticed that as soon as I say something, even a phrase, someone on a commercial will say it! Maybe like once or twice a week now. A lot of times I will think about something and there will be a correlation in spoken form or pictorially on the idiot box or radio.

I deeply agree with the idea of a Collective Subconscious, and my only advice to the OP is: if you have an idea, jump on it before someone else comes up with the same thing!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join