It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalies regarding the worldwide strange sound phenomenon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Evening ATS,

For the last couple of weeks I have been following the worldwide "Strange sound phenomenon". Ive read the various threads here on ATS and have seen many, if not all(probably not lol) of the videos that are now on youtube. I have come to my own conclusion*, as im sure many of you have.
(*Pretty much the only choice we have atm. lol)

I think that the majority, if not all of the videos uploaded are false.

Based on the fact that the amount of videos uploaded to youtube by the international community, is nearing the hundreds, its quite easy to notice that, this guy: www.youtube.com...

Was right spot on. Even though he uses only a few of the earlier recorded videos as examples, that same, identical sound is heard in probably about 80% of the videos posted. Which suggests that it's either real, or that it is a viral campaign, although I don't believe it is a marketing campaign like many suggest it may be. Cloverfield wasn't that good. lol

Anyways, if your into the phenomenon like I am, youl have seen many, many videos, and im sure the majority of you will have heard this sound in many, many of them. The videos I speak of are the ones taking up 80% of videos posted and are the ones that the guy in the above video, debunked as being the war of the worlds sound.

So seeing as we now have (estimated, very roughly) about 20% of the videos left, youl notice that a few of them really stick out. Like a niqab in an american airport......... Im going to link a few examples of these,

www.youtube.com...

This one actually freaked me out, and its COMPLETELY different from the sounds in the 80% category.

www.youtube.com...

Although this one is similar to those in the 80% category, the sounds are much more prolongued. That weird xplosionie sound before the midpoint leads me to believe its a fake though, just doesnt sound real. lol

The last example that im going to link for you: www.youtube.com...

The costa rica news report on the sounds. Although they are hard to hear for most of the video due to the news anchor talking LOUDLY OVER IT and not giving us a clear chance to hear a huge part of it.... the parts with the sound that are easy to hear, are completely unique, over the entire phenomenon so far, as far as the videos that I have seen, and like I said ive seen many, but im not perfect.

Not only that but, nearing the end of the video they for some reason pointlessly show a 3 second clip of that same weird sound, heard in windsor, ontario. Now not only have I not been able to find another video with that sound, I haven't been able to find any actual lone youtube videos on the windor sound other than this guy who talks about hearing them, www.youtube.com...

Anyway, at 2:21 in the video, if you have good headphones or speakers, loud, you will notice right as the anchor stops talking you hear what sounds like the audio clip ending, right as they switch to the windsor video, it sounds like that EXACT sound repeats.. its hard to notice but if you play it on from 2:21-2:24, 2:25.... a few times.. youl hear what I am talking about. I have no knowledge of audio editing so if someone sees what I am talking about and would like to dissect and compare that area of the video please do so and add it to the thread!

Anyways thats about all the information from my "research" that I have to share with you guys right now. Do with the information as you will, if I have brought anything new to the table please let me know, if I have covered stuff previously brought up and discussed, let me know. I did a quick search but couldn't find anything related specifically to what I wanted to relay to yall.. lol

PI
edit on 24-1-2012 by PsychedeliCintrovert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Erm totally in the wrong place lol... Terribly sorry for that mods, please move to appropriate section!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Get an audio recording software online for free, download the vids add them to the software and see if the sounds are identical via the waves and frequencies.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

Great idea, problem is that the waves will almost always not be identical. Once you combine all the factors: background noise (which will differ in each vid), the audio codec used to encode the video, along with any filters/EQ/treatment added by the hoaxer there's simply too much variance to expect identical waves.

And if the waves are not completely identical, then the explanation of 'a similar sound recorded in a different environment' becomes possible once more.

I agree with the OP that probably the majority of the vids are fake, but I'm not certain that they all are.

One thing I am certain of, is that this whole phenomena is a perfect example of the problems of throwing the baby out with the bathwater when using CGI as an explanation for any UFO vid (or any video the authenticity of which is being questioned). It's as simple as this: just because we are certain that something can be created artificially serves no purpose in determining whether something has been created artificially.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
My problem with all the "horn" sounds is, they are all one person hearing them.
If these sounds fill the sky, hundreds maybe thousend of people would report them.

They are all fake or manmade.

The rumbling/ airplane sound is the same, one person everytime.
They are propably manmade from a source that can't be seen.

Sounds can behave in mysterius ways, but to say aliens or earth are making these sounds is just insane imo.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Do you have proof that the rumbling sounds are fake? You believe that those who are reporting these strange sounds are hoaxing and deliberately lying to ATS and others?

If that is the case, then you are calling me a liar as well.

If you check a few of the threads, you will find that it is more than one person reporting many of these events. You can confirm this by going to news links to watch some of the videos made by the news channels reporting this.

You can also read the comment section of these news channels to see that there are many more than 1 person reporting them.

Do you have any proof that the vibration sound reports are hoaxes? If so, can you link it here? I would like to know how I managed to hoax myself...

edit on 24-1-2012 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
When I used to live with a friend's family in a mountainous area of Queensland, of a night I would hear what resembled something between a low humming and rumbling that was quite similar to a refrigerator, however I can confirm that it was not as the sound would be gone when I awoke of a morning. The space I was living in was external to the house, and the house was at the very foot of a mountain range.

I never recorded the sound as I never had the equipment, but I maintain that I never felt at ease on that property, for reasons I cannot determine.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I never called anyone a liar.

I said fake, because half of the video's poping up lately are fake.
I never said people's didn't hear anything, i said "manmade" because i don't think there is anything mysterius going on.
I think there is a logical reason to what people have heard, thats why i wrote " sounds can behave in mysterius way's".

I don't jump to conclusion's, i try to keep down to earth in my thinking and uderstanding of things around me.
IMO, this is just mass hysteria of some manmade sounds.

I really wish i could hear these sounds in person, then it would be easier, but nothing is rumbling around me.

You talk about proof? Do you have proof, that they are not manmade?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I have never claimed they are not man made in any thread relting to this subject, either her or anywhere else on the web.

It is possible that these sounds are man mad, just possible as they are not.

If I had proof one way or the other, then there would be no more discussion about the strange sound phenomena. I have always used ATS as a medium to deliver answers to questions like this, but there has been no solid proof for one answer or another.

If these are not man made, then it is something that has not been in action decades past, to my knowledge. So there could be only 3-4 viable options:

1. man made
2. natural earth occurrance
3. outerspace generated
4. alien generated

new topics

top topics

join