It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Black Apache Attack Helicopters overflew my property this afternoon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This afternoon at around 13:30 CST 1/23/2012 I heard what I knew was at least two helo's overflying my property. Since it was multiple aircraft I figured it was the drug busting FLIR equiped helos for finding marijuana grows and 'shine stills. I decided to go out on the porch and see if my hunch was right, much to my surprise I see a flight of 2 black AH-64 Apache attack helos traveling in a S-W flight path. I did not have my DSLR, and my point and shoot bit the dust not long ago not to mention they were moving at a good clip not giving me much time. However I was able to snap a few pictures with my EVO 4G, not my first choice of course but better than nothing.

This actually prompted me to to buy a new P&S camera this evening.

Quick and dirty resize and zoom

A couple hours later I heard a similar sound signature but just one, so once again I jumped outside to get a few crappy pics with the EVO. This was the third black Apache that I heard/saw today but I was also taking care of things in town most of the day so there may very well have been more overflights.

Cropped and zoomed 3rd Apache

The property where I caught these was between Arkadelphia and Caddo Valley, SouthWest Arkansas.

edit on 24-1-2012 by BigDave-AR because: Resized

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You are close enough to Ft. Campbell.

Maybe in route there?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BigDave-AR

Next time, be sure to throw up some middle fingers in case they're filming you.

I saw some strange military choppers in my city a few weeks ago, and I don't think there are any military bases nearby. I thought it was pretty strange. I got a few pictures, but my camera phone sucks so you can't really see much.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Those are grey.

There is only a small handful of FAA registered Apache's and the same goes for Cobra's, that are actually black.

I think that's interesting though! Interesting indeed!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Where are you located?

There are A LOT of domestic bases, so chances are.. You live within a 150mile radius of one.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by weavty1
reply to post by TupacShakur

Where are you located?

There are A LOT of domestic bases, so chances are.. You live within a 150mile radius of one.

The location of the flyover was between Arkadelphia and Caddo Valley in South West Arkansas heading South West as per my original posting.

I can tell you with 96% sure that they were black, it really struck me and the reason why I decided to go ahead and throw it up on here. Keep in mind these pictures were of Apaches going at a good clip with a camera phone on the fly. But I personally saw them being black.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
As far as I know the main air bases in Arkansas are the Little Rock (actually technical Jacksonville) Air Force base, and in Fort Smith the Arkansas ANG has a decent size air base. In Louisiana there is Barksdale Air Force air base which is around 160 or so miles from the location. I know there's some smaller pads/ mini bases but those are the big ones I know of.
edit on 24-1-2012 by BigDave-AR because: update distance

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I've had quite a few flyovers over my property but the more interesting ones were a flight two A-10 Warthogs that were flying very low its was like the were targeting my pond as a target for the "Gun Run" And one two or three occasions I've seen AH-1(W variant I believe) Super Cobras flying over town (Arkadelphia).

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I just saw 2 heading west over Houston.

Thats unusual.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
I just saw 2 heading west over Houston.

Thats unusual.

Were they black as well?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDave-AR

As far as I could tell. I managed to snap two pics but they were so far away it was hard to tell, I did not see anything revealing.

They were headed westbound over I-10 as far as I could see.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Same thing happened here in NE Ohio back on January 11th. The three Apaches or Cobras that flew over were painted black, they were about 200 feet overhead and I could see no markings on them whatsoever.

Another member actually started a thread regarding the ones over Ohio.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Seeing more and more military aircraft in the air kind of suggests to me that we are up to something. What you might be seeing is the first initial military movements before a much bigger one. I remember back when the gulf war started. Beforehand, there were lots of military aircraft seen flying to bases. Much more than usual, perhaps this is the first sign that something is up with these reports. OR....because the Iraq war is done, perhaps it is military aircraft coming home...
edit on 27-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
sorry to be off-topic, but can anyone tell me what type of helo this is?

edit on 27-1-2012 by maybehelpful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
it's a standard h 60 blackhawk helicopter with ski landing gear.... it took me several minutes of searching to find another picture of one but they do exist after all. ski blackhawk

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
DOUBLE POST
edit on 28-1-2012 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Drone helicopters are coming more into demand.

They can remain in the air longer, no having to change crews and all that.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hi to all,

Just joined.

I live in Houston. Around 2:30 four Chinook helicopters flew low over my house. I am within city limits, which strikes me as odd. Never seen these type of helicopters here before. I also see this black helicopters more recent in the past few weeks.

new topics

top topics

join