It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting Lubbock Texas 1-22-12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
According to several witnesses, a UFO appeared over Lubbock, Texas yesterday evening at approximately 10:00 pm. There were three witnesses interviewed in the news segment that stated that the strange light was red, blue and green, changing colors and making strange maneuvers in the sky.

The only link I can provide is a poorly written one, but read the comments below the story. The girl they interviewed said it dropped real fast (which they reported), but on audio stated that it shot right back up, moved around, and stopped on a dime (which they did not report online). They got some astrophysics professor from Texas Tech try to say that it was Sirius, but stars do not fly around in the sky. The National UFO Reporting Center online only has reports from January 12th on back.

If anybody saw this last night, I'd like to know about it.

www.kcbd.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
then the secretary rings the stations owner asking to take a call from washington.

Suddenly the lights become Chinese lanterns or navigation satellites or atmospheric anomalies or some star constellation that was in line with the orbit of the 10th galaxy just linear to the earths rotation while the sun was tilted at is normal for the year angle allowing the sun to reflect of the earths upper atmosphere and bouncing of space junk known as old military satellites from the cold war era.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

LOL, yeah! I was expecting the good professor from Tech to say it was swamp gas, light from Venus, or a weather balloon! I have seen too many freaky things out here in the west Texas skies, including weather balloons and the TR-B3 aircraft (the big black triangle that makes no noise as it flies). I didn't expect to get much truth from the local TV station, but I'm glad at least they decided to air the story.

The Lubbock Lights photo (1951) was famous in its time, but I guarantee there are plenty more lights that have flown over Lubbock of unknown origin since then.

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Coming up tonight at 6 find out what these strange lights really are.

So .... did anyone tune in at six to find out what the lights really are ?
Kinda sounds like they think they are ......no?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Oh yeah, I made the mistake of "tuning in" to see what they said. That's when they trotted out the professor who said it was possibly Sirius, which made no sense. They had no idea what it was, so that was a very misleading trick to get people to watch the 6 o'clock news.

More valuable than Professor Make-A-Guess was a witness who spent 6 years in the Navy and had never seen anything like it, plus the other two witnesses who described classic UFO flight behavior.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The three lights in sequence in the centre of the photo is orion's belt which is part of the orion constellation... not sure about the bright orange light but the rest is definitely orion.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by west686

I don't believe that the picture they posted had really anything to do with the story. It's a small town news station mostly run by interns. The news story they ran had a video that they said was "like" the phenomenon people reported, and it showed a light in the sky which kept turning different colors. I checked youtube and there wasn't any postings of this thing from last night.

In fact, if I could find a link which showed the actual news broadcast and not the silly internet story with the photo of Orion's belt and a few other odd stars, that would have helped greatly. If it had happened in one of the larger cities in Texas, the links would have been better.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Uh, How far is Lubbock from Stephenville?
Just asking....
Texas is one of the most UFOd states!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Stephenville is probably about 6 hours from Lubbock (maybe 5). After the Stephenville UFO thing happened around '08, my husband and I drove out there, and I got one of the tee-shirts they were selling at the time (now a collector's item). It shows a cow standing up with its hooves crossed, saying "what UFO?" while behind it a saucer is beaming up a herd of cows.

Funny you should ask about that because I'm actually wearing this tee shirt today as I type this.

Texas has a lot of UFO sightings because it is such a large state, it has a lot of cloudless, starry nights, and the weather is often favorable for people to go outside and check out the stars.

join