It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Steak sandwich with blue cheese/parmesan sauce and sauteed mushrooms!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thanks for yet another great recipe here M!! I hope you don't mind if I post this here because we went to the store to get the ingredients to make this last weekend and I had to do some major tweeking ONLY because where I am the food prices are getting to be astronomical and even before we got to the meat we were up to about $17 and it was in a 'lean week' if you know what I mean so I could not justify the cost at that time. So I opted for using things I already had in the pantry and fridge along with a few items I picked up at the store. And by the way in our house this is now called the "Poor-Man's Mblah Steak Sammie"....

Ingredients:
1 Pepperidge Farm frozen garlic bread loaf with parmesan cheese
High quality sandwich steaks (along the line of Steak-Um but made with 100% angus beef w/ better taste)
Beef broth
Dried onion flake
Dried minced garlic
Dried chopped rosemary
Sliced provolone cheese
Tomato, sliced
Lettuce, of your choice
Blue cheese dressing (We use Rooties being in WNY but Marie's would do just as well or just plain Mayo)

Directions:
1. In a ziplock bag pour some of the beef broth in along with the thawed sandwich steaks that have been cut into strips. Add some onion flake and garlic flake. Seal the bag squeezing out all the air you can and let sit in the fridge for about 1/2 hour.
2. Preheat oven for your garlic bread per package instructions, and prep the other ingredients so you are ready to go when the time comes
3. Take sandwich steaks out, discard marinade and cook until done adding the rosemary and additional onion and garlic flake if wanted. I put garlic bread in oven as I start to cook the sandwich steaks, timing comes out perfect for me.
4. When done, take the sandwich steaks out and let drain briefly before assemling the sandwich because they can be a little on the greasy side.
5. When garlic bread is done spread blue cheese dressing (or mayo) on the bread and assemble as you wish. (after the blue cheese dressing goes on I put a layer of provolone cheese, then sandwich steaks, tomatoes and lettuce)

And...taddaaaaaaa... the poor man's version of Mblah's Awesome Steak Sandwich.....

Next time we've decided to try this minus the rosemary, onion and garlic, but adding fresh sauted red peppers and onions and marinading the sandwich steaks in Italian dressing prior to cooking..... see what you have done??? LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I try not to look at posts like these that you put up. It's not that I don't like them. I do. I just start drooling and get very very hungry. It looks delicious. You should open up a restaurant.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join