It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What comes around........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Got this in an email and couldn't help but think about the implications of our actions
I found it actually quite touching
But now off to to see how much is based on fact lol

His name was Fleming,  and  he was a poor Scottish farmer. One day, while  trying  to make a living for his family, he heard  a cry for help  coming from a nearby bog. He  dropped his  tools and ran to the   bog.

There, mired to his waist  in black  muck, was a terrified boy, screaming and   struggling to free himself. Farmer Fleming saved  the lad from  what could have been a slow and  terrifying  death.

The  next  day, a fancy carriage pulled up to the  Scotsman's  sparse surroundings. An elegantly  dressed nobleman stepped out  and introduced  himself as the father of the boy Farmer  Fleming  had  saved.
 'I want to  repay  you,' said the nobleman. 'You saved my son's   life.'
 'No, I can't  accept  payment for what I did,' the Scottish farmer   replied waving off the offer. At that moment,  the farmer's own  son came to the door of the  family  hovel.
 'Is that  your  son?' the nobleman   asked.
 'Yes,' the  farmer  replied  proudly.
 'I'll  make  you a deal. Let me provide him with the level of   education my own son will enjoy If the lad is  anything like  his father, he'll no doubt grow to  be a man we both will be  proud of.' And that he   did.

Farmer Fleming's son  attended the  very best schools and in time, graduated  from  St. Mary's Hospital Medical School in London,  and  went on to become known throughout the world  as the noted Sir  Alexander Fleming, the  discoverer of   Penicillin.

Years  afterward,  the same nobleman's son who was saved from  the  bog was stricken with  pneumonia.
 What  saved his  life this time?   Penicillin.
 The name of the  nobleman?  Lord Randolph Churchill .. His son's   name?
 Sir Winston   Churchill.

Someone once  said: What  goes around comes  around.

Work like  you  don't need the money.

Love  like  you've never been  hurt.

Dance like   nobody's watching.

Sing like  nobody's  listening.. 

Live  like it's Heaven on   Earth.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Even if it isn't true still a good story none the less. We're all to preoccupied with our own lives to bother with some one else. So even if you take it at face value, take it as a lesson we all she practice more.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well after a little research it would look like its just an urban legend
However the vast majority of debunkers argue that
Time periods/ages don't fit
This however is taken from Alexander or his father saving winston Churchill from a bog
Where the story Claims it was indeed Alexander's father but it was W Churchills father that was rescued not old winston Churchill himself ( the noble father being churchills grand daddy )
Hmm can see this taking up some time to really look into

new topics

join