It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Many killed in Baghdad explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
A massive explosion has caused the deaths of 35 people in Central Baghdad today when a carbomb was exploded outside a police station.

news.bbc.co.uk
Dozens of others were injured by the huge mid-morning blast in the busy Haifa Street area of the Iraqi capital, according to reports from the scene.

The latest explosion, which occurred close to a number of shops and popular coffee houses, is one of the biggest in Baghdad for some time.

Haifa Street, a busy shopping area, has been a focus of recent resistance.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I really dont believe that this whole terrorism and mass death by car bomb situation is going to move any more further forward if the locals and the police force dont join up and work together to capture whoever is making the main plans for these attacks.

I know many people are angry and rightly so, having personal experience with this type of situation we all know emotion and andreneline runs high.

Hopefully and with the right type of co-ordination, those responisble will be brought in for justice.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 14-9-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen

Hopefully and with the right type of co-ordination, those responisble will be brought in for justice.

You mean try Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Powell, Bush, Rice, and Cheney for war crimes and treason against the United States? I agree.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Zarqawi group claims attacks on Iraqi police

The militant group of alleged Al-Qaeda operative Abu Mussab al-Zarqawi has claimed responsibility for two attacks against Iraqi police, including a massive car bombing which killed 47 people in Baghdad, according to statements posted on an Islamist website.

"A lion from the 'martyrdom-seeking brigade' succeeded in striking a centre for volunteers for the renegade police force," said a statement from the military wing of the Tawhid wal Jihad (Unity and Holy War) group, referring to a suicide bomber.

www.abc.net.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I wonder if the people in Iraq will ever get their day in court for crimes commited against them after the US so call "liberation".

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
has anyone been keeping count of the number of war crimes committed by bush and his cronies??

only just a few days ago they were bombing civilians again, you'd hope that they had learnt they lesson by now unless that is part of their strategy?? keep bombing and killing iraqis until they are all dead then bomb and kill all the iranians, syrians etc etc. until there is noone left alive apart from their buddies in saudi and israel lnd they can help themselves to all the oil

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Originally posted by Gryffen

You mean try Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Powell, Bush, Rice, and Cheney for war crimes and treason against the United States? I agree.

Hey. Take it easy on Powell. He's probably the most competent man in that gang. And I really don't think he likes being there. I'll bet he resigns when Bush gets re-elected. He was the only one in the cabinet that disagreed with the Iraq invasion. Anyway.... Powell for president, I say.

Back on topic...

Do you people think that most Iraqis blame the Americans for all the bombings happening, or do you think they blame the ones actually doing the bombing?

I only ask because in this country, half of us believe it is our fault that these people are inducing blood mists with plastic explosives. And the other half sees that it is the ones making and detonating the bombs that are to blame.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Arnold - Any adult can see that there's a difference between the accidental death of civilians and the deliberate targeting of innocents at a shopping centre.

The fact that you even draw a comparison between the two is astonishing.

Also, what oil has been stolen and by whom? Apart from the millions of barrels that are sold every week on the black market by your so called "freedom fighters"?

new topics

top topics

join