It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SC Attorney General has notified the U.S. Justice Department of potential voter fraud (not in primar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Edit: I did find a mention of this in a recent thread & it redirects to this thread from 1/11/12, so this isn't as "breaking" as it seems. These voters did not vote in the primaries, but still raises suspicions. I wonder how well they looked after the recent voting process. I hope they investigate all of the recent votes and match them up against that data base that discovered these dead voters.

Going by the numbers I saw on Politico.com there look to be under a million votes cast in SC Saturday and according to SC 2010 census there are over 3 million 18+, give or take an illegal alien and felon. So really, every vote counts! This does not help my faith in the democratic process

South Carolina's Attorney General, Alan Wilson has notified the U.S. Justice Department of potential voter fraud.

www.foxnews.com...

COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina's attorney general has notified the U.S. Justice Department of potential voter fraud.

Attorney General Alan Wilson sent details of an analysis by the Department of Motor Vehicles to U.S. Attorney Bill Nettles.

In a letter dated Thursday, Wilson says the analysis found 953 ballots cast by voters listed as dead. In 71 percent of those cases, ballots were cast between two months and 76 months after the people died. That means they "voted" up to 6 1/3 years after their death.

The letter doesn't say in which elections the ballots were cast.

The analysis came out of research for the state's new voter identification law. The U.S. Justice Department denied clearance of that law.

Wilson told Nettles he asked the State Law Enforcement Division to investigate.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Related article,
charlotte.cbslocal.com...

edit on 23-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm beginning to believe elections are a game show. Debates are funny, jokes thrown around, and when Santorum said something about not believing he made it "to the final 4" I mean really? The final 4? I've heard that since stupid reality shows first started popping up on TV. Its not a game, yet is treated like one.

If there is a single "dead voter" the whole damn state should have a damn re-vote. I mean, a candidate could potentially quit the race and have actually come out much higher. I mean, with their full proof paper and electronic dual voting system (or so it was explained before the SC exit polls were posted) how is there any error?

Redo the goddamn vote, the person elected will run the damn country, but we'll just move on so the other 40+ states can have messed up votes.

Pity this country has come to this, I am not proud to be an American when we preach to other countries about democracy while our voting system is flawed or even rigged.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

Yeah man, I agree with you 100%. If one vote is fraud, intentional fraud, you could argue a case of a re-vote, I guess. In this case we have over 900, that we know of. Newt's amazing victory was pretty damn suspicious and this isn't helping the his case at all.

Can there be a re-do? Is that even in the rule books? Has such an scenario ever come up?
edit on 23-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

join