It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can i feel comfortable in my own skin?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hello ATS'ers,

I need some advice on how to feel comfortable in my own skin. I just seem to find everyday activities of being human so mundane, pointless and uncomfortable. I don't know if i feel like im above it all or im just ashamed to be a human on this planet with all the evil that is going on idk if that even makes sense! I just need some advice!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You should look up "mindfulness meditation."
I find it helpful when I'm anxious or stressed or wanting something that I can't have right then.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Buy a jet ski!

There isn't much on this planet that will get your blood pumping like being propelled 20ft into the air on the back of a piece of fibreglass that has a power to weight ratio that would be illegal on the tarmac.

Great exercise too.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Time will give you a sense of being at ease in your own skin, or at least, let you have a truce with it.

Our modern consumer culture doesn't want us to be at ease in our own skin, for if we were, we wouldn't buy all the grooming products they are pushing on us. Hardly anybody is at ease with themselves, for if they were, we wouldn't have so many plastic surgeons and diet pills.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It's odd how your handle projects connectedness, but your post relates a lack of it. This would tell me that connectedness is one of your main focuses. You are on the right path my friend. My suggestion would be to relax a bit and focus on other things. Just try to find a place inside yourself that is content and remain there as often as you can. Try and not be too conscious of the inner you and just rely on your instincts. Trust your instincts without question.

Good luck with it buddy

edit on 22-1-2012 by Quauhtli because: add

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

I have to words for you that will change your life.

Be Fearless.

Apply those aspects to every area of your life and you will find happiness and success.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
It's odd how your handle projects connectedness, but your post relates a lack of it. My suggestion would be to relax a bit and focus on other things beside yourself. Just try to find a place inside yourself that is content and remain there as often as you can. try and not be too conscious of your inner self and just rely on your instincts. Trust in yourself without question.

Horrible advice. Relaxing is great. I find the exact opposite of what you say to be true. Do focus on your inner self and confide in it. Be your inner self and be fearless within your inner self. Your advice sucks.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Just be fearless dude don't worry about anything else it will change your life trust me. I read all the other posts in this thread and they carry no meaning. Distracting yourself from yourself is exactly what "it" wants. If you want to know what "it" means then go inside, deep inside and find out who you really are. Then be confident with it and use it and be it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You might try this...
"It rubs the lotion on it's skin, or else it get's the hose again"

I have found that lotion helps.
The other options kinda suck.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

A skin is just a skin. What defines us is what mark we leave on the world. No body can ever truly express who you are. Make the world a better place and it will be a monument to the being who is hidden inside.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yes, i know what you mean.

Everyday I long to be freed from these Earthly shackles.

Every day I wait. For what exactly? I'm not sure. Another reality perhaps. Or just an escape route from this highly toxic manipulated & corrupt kingdom.

I'm an Alien to this world & feel smothered and trapped in this wickedly foul fog of madness we call humanity!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

What is the difference between trusting yourself, relying on your instincts, and being fearless? May be you were offended by my first line a bit, but I find that trusting in yourself without question leads to being comfortable with yourself. Trying to "go deeper into yourself" can be bad advice to someone who is already stuck questioning themselves, not feeling comfortable with their routine, or may have a low self esteem. It is obvious that the OP or anyone else should be in touch with their inner being as much as possible. This does not mean that it is at all good to dwell in it too much.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GeistMelange

I agree - either you're part of the solution or you're part of the problem.

To the OP - to me its sounds like you're depressed in stagnation. I've been there. If you're of Generation-Y (as I am) we've grown up in a pretty directionless yet over-stimulated society, growing up is about finding a direction and choosing your preferred stimuli.

To some this is as easy as following someone elses example, others have to create their own. The latter is harder, but will be more rewarding if it involves helping others or contributing to positive change.

We also (generally speaking) define ourselves through our relationship to the world outside - you're identifying with the mundane world, why not identify with the exiting world?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneness86
Hello ATS'ers,

I need some advice on how to feel comfortable in my own skin. I just seem to find everyday activities of being human so mundane, pointless and uncomfortable. I don't know if i feel like im above it all or im just ashamed to be a human on this planet with all the evil that is going on idk if that even makes sense! I just need some advice!

Oneness

You need a purpose perhaps ?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You could try to help people out. Service in your community, volunteer, charitable work. It will at least take away some the self centeredness, and help the world out along the way.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Hello ATS'ers,

You're working through the 2nd gestational stage of becoming a fully viable human being, so if none of this is making sense, then learn from how messed up it is and apply that knowledge to the effort of crafting an ultimate "you" that you can respect and feel good about. We all want to find mutuality in this stage of life, but if what you've encountered is nothing but trash, then by all means continue to resist the natural urge to join in and slum with the rest of them. Old saying - "If you live with a cripple, you'll learn to limp." ~ Plutarch It's an axiom because it's true.

Just be grateful that you're aware at some level, and try to focus on being a great example of the person that you are. I generally try to act as if my grandkids are in the room with me - like all the time - and it helps me think twice about how I act and how I react to what presents itself to me as the stuff of life. It's your call, as it is for each of us. Your discomfort can become your most valuable asset, but only if you embrace it and allow it to be your internal compass.

Whenever I encounter a real *sshole, and he/she does to me what *ssholes generally do to others, I can't help but to smile and be grateful that I'm me and not them. I'm no prize, but I'm as close to my own best version of what I can be as I'm capable of being, and when I look around at what constitutes noticeable humanity, I feel okay about how I'm working with what I've been granted.

Good luck with turning that problem into a blessing.
edit on 1/22/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Lotion or moisturizer work good for me. /tries not use the silence of the lambs line...... he puts the lotion in the basket

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean - waking up early, having a shower, ironing clothes, getting ready for work, work itself, cleaning, housekeeping etc etc. You look forward to those moments where you can relax and be on your own, but there is always something around the next corner, some responsibility or appointment.

I often feel a kind of "tension" or anxiety, sometimes a kind of "fear" and I look at the regular people whom are happy to go through the mundane things, whom always just seem "relaxed".

I guess one of the most important things is a sound sleep, and for me that is also an issue as I oversleep and end up lethargic in the morning.

In terms of advice, I guess its all about energy - good sleep and the right diet can help.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Hello ATS'ers,

Same here.

I play video games alot so I forget about this pointless reality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join